Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 0 - Hurricane 7

I'm just in shock like the rest of Sapp. I really have no comment because I wasn't there. I guess when things get bad they can go really bad.

Thats really bad,propable sapp worst defeat in history!
was mesi playing for the punjabs clan or what

WHERE IS CLOUGHIE WHEN YOU NEED A BOOST:wa:

your fired cloughie

come out .....come out .................where ever you are............pop goes the Cloughie

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In every league you will have teams at the bottom and the top of the standings. It does not matter if you have 10 or 14 teams. Just like we saw yesterday, even a great team can lose 5:0. Furthermore, as I remember Wigan from EPL last year lost few games 6, 7-bagel but still managed to stay up.
The point here is that the league is competitive (as shown by this weekend), and cutting down number of teams means cutting down games. With 10 teams, you only get to play 18 games, and the season could finish in February. What then? Wait till September. Play more games let the season last longer, not shorter.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In every league you will have teams at the bottom and the top of the standings. It does not matter if you have 10 or 14 teams. Just like we saw yesterday, even a great team can lose 5:0. Furthermore, as I remember Wigan from EPL last year lost few games 6, 7-bagel but still managed to stay up.
The point here is that the league is competitive (as shown by this weekend), and cutting down number of teams means cutting down games. With 10 teams, you only get to play 18 games, and the season could finish in February. What then? Wait till September. Play more games let the season last longer, not shorter.

I disagree with this. You are confusing "competitive" with "watered down". And comparing Sapperton to Real Madrid may go down as one of the best all-time quotes on this site. :cool:

I think most would also agree that a 10 team premier division is ideal.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree with this. You are confusing "competitive" with "watered down". And comparing Sapperton to Real Madrid may go down as one of the best all-time quotes on this site. :cool:

I think most would also agree that a 10 team premier division is ideal.

If a 10 team premier division is the end goal then the league should drop 5 this year. There's no point doing things piece-meal and delaying the inevitable.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If a 10 team premier division is the end goal then the league should drop 5 this year. There's no point doing things piece-meal and delaying the inevitable.

I completely agree with you Dezza but unfortunately a committee was formed after the debacle last year and this is what they came up with...14 to 12 to 10. Unless of course we were to get the email thread going again and arrange another secret conspirator meeting. Damn, those were fun times :cool:

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
18 game season is good.

You could fill the lack of games problem with a couple of sponsored Cups. But then you you would need sponsors for that...

There's nothing wrong with stealing an idea from the FVSL is there?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes... lets copy the fvsl and have a fcukin megabowl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
worst movie ever.

Will should have passed on that one.

sixfyv

I aint bashin the league just offering a simple solution to a potential issue..

If i was going to bash the VMSL all i would need to do is simply compliment its website.

Maybe the guys at http://www.vancouverbasketball.ca/ could get some steal some ideas from them.
(A portion of the league fees from each player benefit the Canadian Cancer Society and its initiatives.)

Hell I heard even Mohan Kumar webmaster of metro vancouver cricket league is jealous of its layout http://www.mvcl.org/

DELTA TO WIN IT ALL

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
all those balls cleared off the line. It's hard just to beat your keeper, your best player in my opinion, and we did at least 4 or 5 times. Your late chances only came when we pressed at the end. You had one half chance in the first and you scored. We were the better team on the day but you guys finished and walked away with the three points. Your team has definately improved from the last few seasons but you play frustrating defensive football and your attack, 95% of the time, comes off your keepers punts during the counter. That is what i meant by you guys playing the counter. Hope to see you in cup.

I guess you would hope to see us in the cup. You're due a win after losing both league games.;)

Good luck the rest of the way.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza that's what i going to happen. Small clubs like you guys Croatia, Serbia ,Inter, Huricins and Akal most likley will be out. They are even doinig it in youth. North Shore is gone to one club from four before. Lions Gate, Lynn Valley, Mount Symore all gone as one.
Every time you play them is like plaing a select side. All the kids are capable to play on the team. You guys West side and Douglas Park should form a senior club. That will be the only way you will be able to get the best players for each team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight's result:

MetroFord 2
Sapp 0

6 game skid now for Sapp... huge game coming up for them this weekend.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza that's what i going to happen. Small clubs like you guys Croatia, Serbia ,Inter, Huricins and Akal most likley will be out. They are even doinig it in youth. North Shore is gone to one club from four before. Lions Gate, Lynn Valley, Mount Symore all gone as one.
Every time you play them is like plaing a select side. All the kids are capable to play on the team.
You guys West side and Douglas Park should form a senior club. That will be the only way you will be able to get the best players for each team.

You obviously have not seen the state of youth soccer in North Van

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 0 - Metro Ford 2

A couple of nice goals off midfield turnovers cost Sapp. Sapp looked very good at time and controlled a lot of play in the 1st half but just didn't muster the tenacity around 25 yards to score. Ted Ullrich made one good run but was denied by a great save by the keeper from about 6 yards out - it was a fantastic reflex save. Another off the crossbar in the 2nd from close range. Something has to change soon because we have some critical games coming up in the next few weeks.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1
Westside 0

tough one tonite. thought it was a good battle by two committed and evenly matched teams. we had a hard time adjusting in the first 30 mins to their floating 3rd midfielder, and just when it seemed we were on track, some poor communication at the back gave them a gift. both teams traded chances for the middle 30 mins and we had one off the bar/post stanchion that seemed harder for it not go in. last 30 mins we pressed but couldn't find the mark. disappointing result, but can't fault the commitment and effort by the lads. walks was a little to lenient imho, but allowed the boys to play which you can rarely fault, so have no complaints about the man in middle...today.;)

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 0 - Metro Ford 2

A couple of nice goals off midfield turnovers cost Sapp. Sapp looked very good at time and controlled a lot of play in the 1st half but just didn't muster the tenacity around 25 yards to score. Ted Ullrich made one good run but was denied by a great save by the keeper from about 6 yards out - it was a fantastic reflex save. Another off the crossbar in the 2nd from close range. Something has to change soon because we have some critical games coming up in the next few weeks.
hows about "FIRE THE COACH"
who ate all the chicken pies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
CLOUGHIE,cloughie
who ate all the sapperton players ...................
cloughie,cloughie:wa::wa:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 2 - ICST Peg 4

They scored 10 mins into the game off a scramble but we equalized shortly after on a giveaway by their defenseman and the game went into half tied 1-1. We went ahead 2-1 on a great finish off a freekick which was chested down and volley into the net. Peg then equalized 15 mins later on what was a clear offside but what can you do. They then really applied pressure and we were guilty of sitting back too much and they got the winner with 13 mins left and then put the game away in the 85th min. We played much better than we did against them before and hopefully can built on this game going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0