Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done richmond. Shitty loss for us today. 4, 5, maybe 6 balls cleared off the line. One crossbar i think. Just couldn't score. Westside plays like the new jersey devils with everyone behind the ball and then try the counter. Gutted we lost 6 points to that team this year. On to inter.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnsie,

7 buzz final, could have been much more, but their goalie made some very good saves to keep under double digits.

Gilly

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
7-0 Punjab over Sapp ... WTF???
Hurricanes deserved it, their new signings were very impressive, Gagan, Doutkevich and Bennett. Douts scored 4.
Sapp were slow and out of shape, not having played or trained in two weeks due to the snow. It showed in the result.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST Peg 2-1 Akal...I wasn't at the game but heard Meysam scored very late in injury time (95th min) for the winner.

Hard Ballz

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 1 - Surrey 0

Felt very nice and relieved to get the three points tonight, especially after taking a 6-0 drubbing from these guys a week and a half ago. A lot of things change when you can have your whole team out and playing as a team. We got the only goal of the match at the 33rd min mark when Bobby Jhutty chipped Shepard from about 10 yards out. We hung on for the win with our goalie Richard Goddard solid in net making a few huge saves.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting weekend in the VMSL...........bottom two teams both win............top three teams all lose.......I know there was/is concern about the level of play in Premier and the BC Premier League, but it appears that this year even with the addition of two teams that there is no easy game (besides the occasional poor performance, ie/ Sapp and Serbia). With three teams to get relegated this year, it will be an interesting 2nd half:

Currently in the bottom half (I believe),

Inter 15
Akal 14
Indo 14
Croatia 14 (1 game in hand)
Sapperton 11
Hurricanes 10
Serbia 7

I feel that the relegated teams will come from these 7 teams, and besides the former Gorge FC (because the current one doesn't seem as dominant based on the VISL standings), any other team in a proposed BC Premier League would be in a similar situation as the aforementioned teams.

Now if the league were to go to 10 teams after this year, then 5 of these teams would be relegated with the winner of Division 1 promoted......now how good would that league be!!! It is coming soon!!

Good luck to all teams in the second half, hopefully it gets a little cooler and we can see more leotards :rolleyes:

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done richmond. Shitty loss for us today. 4, 5, maybe 6 balls cleared off the line. One crossbar i think. Just couldn't score. Westside plays like the new jersey devils with everyone behind the ball and then try the counter. Gutted we lost 6 points to that team this year. On to inter.29

The goal wasn't scored off a counter and we had other chances. We did live dangerously at times and got fortunate on occasion. You also stoned our forward late on. That being said, W Van were unlucky not to get something from the game but they aren't the side they've been the past couple of years.

Of course, neither are we.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
all those balls cleared off the line. It's hard just to beat your keeper, your best player in my opinion, and we did at least 4 or 5 times. Your late chances only came when we pressed at the end. You had one half chance in the first and you scored. We were the better team on the day but you guys finished and walked away with the three points. Your team has definately improved from the last few seasons but you play frustrating defensive football and your attack, 95% of the time, comes off your keepers punts during the counter. That is what i meant by you guys playing the counter. Hope to see you in cup.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 2
Inter 1

First goal came from an intercepted pass by Phil Lensky who played a nice through ball to Blakeway sending him in on a breakaway which he calmly finished. We had a couple more half chances in the first but nothing too dangerous. Inter had a couple crosses into dangerous areas but we were able to clear those.

In the second half, we missed a couple glorious chances and as fate would have it, Inter comes back and gets a great goal. Not sure who scored it, but it was a rocket of a shot from about 25 yards out and at the corner of the 18 straight into the top corner of the net. No chance for London.

Later Herman made a great fingertip save on Blakeway from a header off of a free kick crossed in by JB. We then broke the deadlock on a corner taken by Harp and finished by gomesy_jr (Mike) with an off balanced header past a diving Herman.

It was a great result as all four teams above us in the standings, lost. And also nice to get some revenge on losing to Inter in the season opener.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes deserved it, their new signings were very impressive, Gagan, Doutkevich and Bennett. Douts scored 4.
Sapp were slow and out of shape, not having played or trained in two weeks due to the snow. It showed in the result.

fcuk me I didnt know Cloughie was playing again?
whats up bob ?maybe you can sell the team & its 30 sets of jerseys for a whoping 30k:knvb:

sidtheskid:wa:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 0 - Hurricane 7

I'm just in shock like the rest of Sapp. I really have no comment because I wasn't there. I guess when things get bad they can go really bad.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 2
Inter 1

Later Herman made a great fingertip save on Blakeway from a header off of a free kick crossed in by JB. We then broke the deadlock on a corner taken by Harp and finished by gomesy_jr (Mike) with an off balanced header past a diving Herman.

*Erman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0