Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2 -1 Richmond FC

Peg scored in the first half. We took a red in the second half with about 20 to go. Tied the game up with less than 10 to go. Peg scored in injury time to take the 3 points.

I am not one to moan about an official... but the ref was a complete disaster. We took the brunt of his brutal decisions and non-calls. The team battled hard and deserved the point. But the ref decided to add 3 minutes of injury time unmerited. Wouldnt you know it that Diaz would smash one from 30 yards for the winner in the 92nd minute.

Between a PK being called last week when the foul was 5 yards out of the box... and a re-take being called after the save was made... to an extra time goal this week... we are just not having any luck right now. We have literally pissed away 8 points this season through allowing late goals. Fcuk me.

Playing Peg again on Saturday in the Jelly Bean Cup or whateverthefcuk its called.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2 -1 Richmond FC

Peg scored in the first half. We took a red in the second half with about 20 to go. Tied the game up with less than 10 to go. Peg scored in injury time to take the 3 points.

I am not one to moan about an official... but the ref was a complete disaster. We took the brunt of his brutal decisions and non-calls. The team battled hard and deserved the point. But the ref decided to add 3 minutes of injury time unmerited. Wouldnt you know it that Diaz would smash one from 30 yards for the winner in the 92nd minute.

Between a PK being called last week when the foul was 5 yards out of the box... and a re-take being called after the save was made... to an extra time goal this week... we are just not having any luck right now. We have literally pissed away 8 points this season through allowing late goals. Fcuk me.

Playing Peg again on Saturday in the Jelly Bean Cup or whateverthefcuk its called.

Perhaps if you would spend your lunch hours in the gym rather than hunting richmonds finest deli's for the biggest bestest smoked meat sandwiches and amazing Taco's u could have probably got over in time to catch that floater from 30 yds out...

Too bad really....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2 -1 Richmond FC

Unless my watch was wrong, sixfyv, which it could have been, the goal was scored in the 39th minute? :confused: A late winner nonetheless. As for the red card, I was baffled as to why either player got a yellow card on that play? Sahil lost his balance and fouled Salty.....but I didn't see anything that warranted any sort of caution. It was definitely a game of two halves as ICST Peg dominated the first half in terms of possession/chances but RFC took over the game territorially in the second half and always looked dangerous on corners and free-kicks. It was a great strike by Diaz for the winner. It should be an entertaining game on Saturday as both teams might not be as 'cautious' as they were at times yesterday. It was fcuking cold there last night but big puffy kept me warm for the most part. :)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I started my watch when the red started the half. Pretty sure mine was right. Either way, same result.

Dr McGillicuddy

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny story coming out of the VMSL this last week. Inter FC signed Michael Winters at the beginning of the season and he has not played with them yet, as he was playing at SFU. Apparently he's been with Inter for 3-4 seasons. Over the course of the SFU season, West Van FC has been pushing him to come play with them. So they did what any honest club would do, they forged his signature and have now signed him with the league. Brilliant Azzi told Inter to rip up his card.....I don't think so. Firstly, if he's already signed with a team in the league, how can the league register him with another team?This incident speaks volumes to the integrity of the VMSL and to West Van FC. Why should Inter FC rip up his card? Winters never came to the team and asked to be released. Is he not a man? And now West Van are calling Inter to release him. In my opinion West Van broke the rules to signing a player and should be punished accordingly. The player should be suspended, the club docked points (10?) and the club should be fined ($1000). An example needs to be made of them. To make it worse, I believe the person who forged Winters signature is part of the coaching staff, so the club should be on the line for this.I don't know if the VMSL has the balls to do what's right in this situation...West Van obviously doesn't. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks. I'm sure 29 or Sir M will come on here and say that Winters signed himself, blah, blah, blah. He didn't. I heard from him directly who signed his form and why they did it.West Van and their coaching staff have a history of bullying young players into signing with them. Deny it all you want but the way you raped Norvan years back was piss poor.I'd be interested to hear what other TTPers have to say about this situation. As someone who doesn't play anymore but knows many players on both teams, I could care less about where Winters plays. It's just the principal of how things went down.I truly believe that the VMSL will drop the ball on this on as they do most issues they come across. I guess we'll have to wait and see.Ruben Tremarco and William Azzi, do you have the balls to do the right thing?The Doctor is now out.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny story coming out of the VMSL this last week. Inter FC signed Michael Winters at the beginning of the season and he has not played with them yet, as he was playing at SFU. Apparently he's been with Inter for 3-4 seasons. Over the course of the SFU season, West Van FC has been pushing him to come play with them. So they did what any honest club would do, they forged his signature and have now signed him with the league. Brilliant Azzi told Inter to rip up his card.....I don't think so. Firstly, if he's already signed with a team in the league, how can the league register him with another team?This incident speaks volumes to the integrity of the VMSL and to West Van FC. Why should Inter FC rip up his card? Winters never came to the team and asked to be released. Is he not a man? And now West Van are calling Inter to release him. In my opinion West Van broke the rules to signing a player and should be punished accordingly. The player should be suspended, the club docked points (10?) and the club should be fined ($1000). An example needs to be made of them. To make it worse, I believe the person who forged Winters signature is part of the coaching staff, so the club should be on the line for this.I don't know if the VMSL has the balls to do what's right in this situation...West Van obviously doesn't. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks. I'm sure 29 or Sir M will come on here and say that Winters signed himself, blah, blah, blah. He didn't. I heard from him directly who signed his form and why they did it.West Van and their coaching staff have a history of bullying young players into signing with them. Deny it all you want but the way you raped Norvan years back was piss poor.I'd be interested to hear what other TTPers have to say about this situation. As someone who doesn't play anymore but knows many players on both teams, I could care less about where Winters plays. It's just the principal of how things went down.I truly believe that the VMSL will drop the ball on this on as they do most issues they come across. I guess we'll have to wait and see.Ruben Tremarco and William Azzi, do you have the balls to do the right thing?The Doctor is now out.

Say it aint so Sir Fraud!

Say it aint so!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
$1000.00 is chump change to West Van...

That's Like Sir M leaving a tip at the Village Tap House on Friday Evening!

ilovesoccer

Sep 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Really?. Cry me a river, suck it up and go on with the season. You think that your team is the first team that has courted a player and he has decided to sign elsewhere?. Correct me if im wrong but officially SFU players cant even sign until their season is over. So if you did Inter would be in direct violation of those rules. The player in question hasnt even played a game and you want to dock the team 10 points? Im guessing that you play for Inter. BTW I talked to Leo Nash and Winters has been cleared to play for West Van and will be playing this weekend. Heard that Justin Thompson is making his way back onto the pitch as well.

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
In reading the Doctor's post, a player going to another club is his right I guess and therefore Inter can't be nor should be upset regarding that matter as I agree with Ilovesoccer. However, forging a signature on an "A" form after the kid was signed is wrong and just undermines the league I guess. In my opinion that is totally wrong and there should be some consequence on the team that decides to do that as no penalty can open a can of worms in the future. I don't know what the consequence should be but definitely any team be it West Van, Inter, etc. should not be allowed to do that in my opinion. That is why there is rules in place to get people signed. For example, what would happen if a player is signed for one team and another club forges that players transfer papers and submits it to the league. Surely, that club that forges the signature would be in trouble. Just opens up a can of worms if nothing is done.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forging transfer papers is a non-issue, because you are required to have the player's ID card as well. If the player's current team is not willing to sign the transfer papers, they obviously also won't give up his card.

If the league has really told Inter to rip up the player's card, will they also be refunding the registration fee they paid for him?

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In reading the Doctor's post, a player going to another club is his right I guess and therefore Inter can't be nor should be upset regarding that matter as I agree with Ilovesoccer. However, forging a signature on an "A" form after the kid was signed is wrong and just undermines the league I guess. In my opinion that is totally wrong and there should be some consequence on the team that decides to do that as no penalty can open a can of worms in the future. I don't know what the consequence should be but definitely any team be it West Van, Inter, etc. should not be allowed to do that in my opinion. That is why there is rules in place to get people signed. For example, what would happen if a player is signed for one team and another club forges that players transfer papers and submits it to the league. Surely, that club that forges the signature would be in trouble. Just opens up a can of worms if nothing is done.

It happened with POCO FC. Tino forged Ermans signature but in that case no other team wanted him so he stuck around and isnt doing too bad there. :cool:

Dr McGillicuddy

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The issue is not with Inter releasing him, because as you indicated, it sounds as though they did. I don't think they really cared too much. If Winters wanted to play with his friends at West Van he should have just asked for a transfer. The problem is the fact that his new team, West Van FC, violated the BC Soccer rules and forged Winters' signature on an A form while he was signed to another team and registered him. They did not forge transfer papers. Do you not see a problem with that?I doubt that Inter put up much of a fuss about this. I think they just wanted to hear from Winters himself. Lots of players move around the league during the season, however I would expect the teams generally follow the rules when transferring players. And no I don't play for Inter....never have. I stopped by their training last night and happened to hear all of it as it went down.

ilovesoccer

Sep 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The issue is not with Inter releasing him, because as you indicated, it sounds as though they did. I don't think they really cared too much. If Winters wanted to play with his friends at West Van he should have just asked for a transfer. The problem is the fact that his new team, West Van FC, violated the BC Soccer rules and forged Winters' signature on an A form while he was signed to another team and registered him. They did not forge transfer papers. Do you not see a problem with that?I doubt that Inter put up much of a fuss about this. I think they just wanted to hear from Winters himself. Lots of players move around the league during the season, however I would expect the teams generally follow the rules when transferring players. And no I don't play for Inter....never have. I stopped by their training last night and happened to hear all of it as it went down.

Seriously, you just happen to stop by Inter training and post on this subject that you defending Inter. Yes are not a Inter player and have nothing to do with the club but are hurt that they lost a great player to another team. Such a good friend you are to make this issue aware to all TTPers. BUT once again I wanted to make it clear to all of TTP that you dont play for Inter.

Dr McGillicuddy

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not defending Inter. I was shocked to hear what West Van did. That's it. How have defended Inter. I've never actually met Winters before. I have seen him play though and he is quite a good young player. And I'm not hurt that they lost a good player. I could care less. I have a few friends on the team and I went by for a pint. Pretty shocking isn't it? Retard!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Shore Derby result: West Van 3, Norvan 1. Norvan with a late one, Michael Winter got the opening goal in the third minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0