Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staff are projecting the following final standings for this season:

1. Westside FC "M-A"
2. Westvan FC "M"
2. PoCo Castillians
4. Columbus FC "M-A"
5. Sapperton Rovers
6. Richmond FC Olympics "M"
7. Coq. Metro-Ford "M"
8. PCOV "M"
9. 22nd Ave Lions "A"
10. Romanian FC "M"

League Cup and Provincial Cup winners picks to come a bit later.

Sir M
Lol

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well welcome to the big leagues, poco, and it wasnt the start you were looking or hoping for. wonder when last time you lost your 1st league game of the season. poco played a good game ,it was fairly evenly matched except columbus did have more possesion and did get the result they deserved and with no protest hahahah. poco will make it a better league but they wont even come close to running the table like they did in the fvsl.
And now that poco and peach arch have both left the valley league i hope that bc soccer sees that valley and the north van league dont desreve two spots each in the bc's (as both those leagues are so week comparedto the vmsl and island.maybe the winner of both of there leagues should play each other to see who gets in bc.s and now that thevmsl is a much stronger division we should get more spots in the provincials.
Lol

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money

There's nothing there that I said that u can bug me bout. Did u run the table like u did in the valley league ... No. Did u win your games by more than 4-5 goals like u did in the valley league... No. U guys won the league, good job but now u could be cursed. Only 1 team , that won the vmsl league , in the last 5 yrs (at least ) has gone on to win the b.c's.
Member everyone, u have to make it in the top 4 to be guaranteed a spot in the b.c's
Top 6 if the two finalist are in the top 4. Or u make it to the finals of the league if u are not in the top 4.
And good way to spend a sat. Soccer at 2 then the NHL begins ... Go Canucks go

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, those of u who had doubts and thought my math was bad, Poco clinched the league last night with a 2-1 win over us. Congrats!! We got off to a good start and had a few GREAT oppotunities to take the lead but instead had Poco score two in the first half on the counter attack. The first was deflected in off a free kick which gave our keeper no chance...2-0 halftime. We carried most of the play in the 2nd half and had Poco kept coming at us on their very dangerous counters. We finally got a pk with 15 to go which Gomes scored to make it 2-1. The last 15 was one way traffic and we through everything at them but just couldn't score the tying goal. A tie would've been good enough to clinch for Poco but held on for the full 3 points. On to the the brutal long lay off before cup play starts.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's nothing there that I said that u can bug me bout. Did u run the table like u did in the valley league ... No. Did u win your games by more than 4-5 goals like u did in the valley league... No. U guys won the league, good job but now u could be cursed. Only 1 team , that won the vmsl league , in the last 5 yrs (at least ) has gone on to win the b.c's.

That's precisely the reason we came the the VMSL. Better competition. And that's what we got. We never said we'd do any of the above, and didn't expect to.
Still, like most teams, the BC's championship is the goal.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters Premier 2012-2013

You'll have to provide a wee bit of context here mate....I have more to do than keep/look for past posts. Assuming you play for Poco, congrats on winning the league. It's never a massive deal in the VMSL for some strange reason......but you have the tools to win the one you can really 'lol' about. Good luck.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Which would be us.......which apparently is a curse as well!

Lol:rolleyes:

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, those of u who had doubts and thought my math was bad, Poco clinched the league last night with a 2-1 win over us. Congrats!! We got off to a good start and had a few GREAT oppotunities to take the lead but instead had Poco score two in the first half on the counter attack. The first was deflected in off a free kick which gave our keeper no chance...2-0 halftime. We carried most of the play in the 2nd half and had Poco kept coming at us on their very dangerous counters. We finally got a pk with 15 to go which Gomes scored to make it 2-1. The last 15 was one way traffic and we through everything at them but just couldn't score the tying goal. A tie would've been good enough to clinch for Poco but held on for the full 3 points. On to the the brutal long lay off before cup play starts.

How many penalties have you had this year?? Every week Gomesy seems to be scoring one :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're hoping to avoid the sophmore jinx next season. :)

DB,
If memory serves, which normally it doesn't at my age, he was referring to a post from Bored about how other teams chances of winning the FVSL league got better now that we were leaving, but ours didn't. Paraphrasing of course. ;)

Funny we said the same thing about Gomesy last night on the field when the PK got called.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Perfect game recap. The 2 counter attacks took a lot of life out of you guys. I will say, had we buried our numerous chances before the PK, the last 15 would have been much different. But we didn't, so we scrambled to hang on. Good game. Ref had a few odd calls and handed out a good amount of yellows as well.

On to Cup or makeup games. No idea whats next.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a team we had 9 this year. I personally had 8. Crazy, but I have never played a season with that many PKs. I thought we should have had another last night when Chris Clarke grabbed the ball just inside the box and carried it out of the 18, but the ref gave us a free kick instead.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a team we had 9 this year. I personally had 8. Crazy, but I have never played a season with that many PKs. I thought we should have had another last night when Chris Clarke grabbed the ball just inside the box and carried it out of the 18, but the ref gave us a free kick instead.

No no, the ball stuck to his jersey, there was no hand ball. Like all his other calls, the ref nailed that one. Besides, there's so many lines on that field it's easy to get confused. ;)

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2-2 West Van Final.

The draw was a deserved result for both teams. Croatia has a real good team n was missing the starting goalie the1st half. I made some key saves but in my eyes was caught napping on their 2nd goal, which was a rocket of a shot. We just have to pick up our fitness n we will challenge for the league cup n b.c.'s. this will be a very close last few games for all with the standings. Lots of movement to come I predict in the standings , with sapp, west van,rich n west side ... Good luck to all .
In my eyes I had a really good debut....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0