Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the WVFC Masters team has about 21 or 22 signed, and the same for the Flying Horses more or less.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Left work early today and caught the last 30 minutes or so of the PCOV vs WS game. I guess WS had a guy sent off early, but watched them come back with ten men to tie it in the last 15 mins on a lovely ball from Dancing Bear. Conductor, what is your basis for saying PCOV will be top three this year? Maybe they were missing players today (for sure WS was) but I do not see it from what I saw today, it looks like they are the same team with a few North Shore league players added.

Just my observations..Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, I don't doubt what you saw today or are saying about WS missing players. Unfortunately I didn't see the game as I had to ref at my daughters soccer jamboree for CMFSC. PCOV will be there at the end of the season in the top 3 unfortunately unlike you guys WV, WS or Columbus for that matter. Where all of those teams usually pick up players from there open teams, which most of your clubs already know the player and have played together either through practices or from open age days. PCOV has picked up from what I know about 5 or 6 new players, not sure if they were all there today. It will take this team some practicing together and a few games under their belt before they start to jell together. WS has usually had PCOV's number in league play over the last three years so to be honest I am not really surprised with this result. As for Deucy and Richmond well done, especially on getting a road win on the North Shore where Wickham seems to do well. Maybe your team put my predictions and comments up on the board before the game and used it as Motivation!;) As for WAB and his crew, usually WAB's team is good for myself on at least getting one pick right a week. Unfortunately they helped me out again but for the wrong side of the score column. Usually I pick Sapp for the W's but think they will find themselves hard pressed to win above the norm like the usually do!! Sir M I know you got the W this week, so congrats on that, hopefully you guys don't get Miro next week and are able to get a full 90 min game in!!:eek:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will leave it at that, SU is a proud club, and I am sure Friday was a one off for you guys.

Sir M

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The other team went from 11 to 8 in about 10 minutes, fouled like crazy when under pressure, and then yelled/swore at the ref, got cards, got sent off as a result and then they just quit. If it went 90 it could have been really ugly for them. Hopefully we get a better run this coming week before the Western Canadians.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
very much a borderline sending off at about 25 mins. "last man" straight red, that was, (imho), not a last man situation. that being said....should not have put ourselves in the position to leave the ref with that decision.

beyond that....we played quite well with 10 men, and i was a bit suprised that pcov didn't push more. heat on the turf at our age was a telling factor, but we fought through it, carried the game through the second half and were justifiably rewarded with an equalizer. i foresee a 3:00am, screaming cramp session tonite that i'm sure the mrs. and the wee one will enjoy. off to a cold bath...

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy, I was pretty shocked we didn't push more and pressure you guy's when you went down a man. You guy's played much harder with 10. Well done on fighting back and getting the tie. It was still a positive game for us and we can build from this. The heat was a factor in this game forsure. Sir M, we were missing some bodies cause we couldn't get them signed in time but no excuses, we had chances to bury them but couldn't get the next goal. All in all, it was a good, clean game.

Hard Ballz

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fouled like crazy when under pressure
Not quite sure why you need to make stuff up for this game.

If it went 90 it could have been really ugly for them
Considering you would have been up 3 men for 60 minutes, that's pretty insightful.

Let me try: If Planks hadn't have made that point-blank save on Arnie or we didn't flub the chance with a wide-open net, it could've been ugly for the current BC Champs.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if Fantabulous is on vacation or was even at his game yesterday, but I usually like to hear his post game comments on the Pork Chops.Mind you now that Hard Ballz is with PCOV , maybe Fanta has passed on the torch of TTP comments onto Hard Ballz. I just hope Fanta doesn't become the next WAB and you only hear from him when his team wins!!:eek: Another guy gone missing on here is Scilaci? I'm surprised he hasn't talked about 22nd ave Lions very impressive result against Metro Ford. Here was a guy making all this noise when Cliff got relegated and now is back in the bigs, mind you on a team that bought their way in. But the doesn't matter now, the Lions may have a chance to surprise some teams and take points early in the season. As for WAB and Bohica they may be on the same vacation as Fanta, there hasn't been a report on their opening loss to Columbus. Curious to know if Sapp were missing players for this game as I heard some reports that the 3-0 score line actually flattered Sapperton!:p

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what you are on about Regs. As I said, hopefully that was a one off for SU, but oh my I cannot recall ever seeing a display like that in recent memory.

Hopefully the suspensions will not be that bad for SU.

Sir M

fireball17

Jul 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
IF your aunt had balls, she would be your uncle....but there's no IF Surrey had cried, bitched, moaned, packed up their purses and headed for the 'burbs...they did exactly that....Miro wasn't good, but if all you have to do is shut the cake hole and take the 3 points that you gave to WV...then take your medicine and redeem yurself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0