Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Div 1 Predictions, Results and Banter 2012-2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Utd 0 - Bombastic 1
Van Utd started with only 10 players and fianlly got 11 in the 2nd half. Despite the possession domination we couldn't convert our chances. Van Utd had a couple of good chances themselves and on another day could have nicked it. Full credit to Van utd for putting in a tough shift. a good group of guys who I hope do well. Nice to see a couple of old Point Grey stalwarts kicking about.

We have finally adjusted to th pace of Div1 and picked up some new guys to give us more strength in depth. We have been unlucky in previous weeks so I expect us to slowly climb the table. but whether that happens is another matter!

Yes, tough game for Van Utd as we had 18 committed bodies for Sunday only to show up to the park and have just 11, with one guy going down in warmup. Bombastic did very well on the day exploiting our lack of depth and were full value for the win. They probably should have had many more goals if they'd brought their shooting boots on the day :)

On a positive note, we played our second game of the year with an actual keeper. New signing will help. Now if we can just get some bodies out we'll be fine.

I've now seen every team in the division except for the Flying Horses and Lomas and I have to say that all are very even and it really just comes down to who's in the lineup on the day and how many bodies come out. Alemania was organized and had plenty of bodies so I think they deserve to be at the top, Roma probably will fall out of it a bit...but everyone else seems even.

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may have been guilty of mising several chances....

I'm quite enjoying the competition of this level. It's a lot different to Div 2 and a hell of a workout!

wutthefuk

Sep 7, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may have been guilty of mising several chances....

I'm quite enjoying the competition of this level. It's a lot different to Div 2 and a hell of a workout!

We are not that good of a team! It is all equal out there! any team can beat anyone on any giving day! We are like wv we have a good group that hang together,but we bitch at each other on the field.1 lol wish we played saturday. would have been nice to have some beers after the game. We were planning a nite out. would have been a better game on the grass. We are okay as a team. Not much above the rest,except our keeper is the man of the match every game. We have had many chances to score,but have not put them in yet! cheers to all..

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big match this Friday night on the turf at Ambleside "E". Flying Horses vs KLM at 7:45 pm. This is a must win for the horses if they want to have a shot of winning league championship. Right now, the horses sit 5 points behind, in tough spot. Horses want to reverse the 1 to 0 scoreline from 1st game of season.

A win by KLM could give the league title at the half way mark. They could be 8 points up on Horses after 9 games and 11 points up on 3rd place Meralomas after 9 games.

Good luck to both teams - weather is supposed to be decent - no rain just a little cool.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice win by the Flying Horses last night over 1st place KLM. That tightens things up a bit at the top of the table.

images

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well hard to keep the horse down heard they should have won bye a few more.....how does this work they have a team in MASTER PREMS already will they give up spot.....they have worked to hard to just give it up,maybe they will sell it like the Crotian got in div1 where is that conductor fella wonder if he is sniffing around

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Decent game by Horses last night. Came out and had a great first half. Second half was a slow start. Bronco awarded KLM two PK's in the second half. First sailed 20 yards over the bar. Second one our GK made a great save. Bronco did a great job in the middle of the park. They had big George up front - dangerous when he had ball. This could have been one of the best games for the Horses since inception.

Our guys battled hard all night!! Hope to go on a winning streak now!! Best part of the night - out of the 19 guys at the game - all stayed for beers after and then 17 of the guys made it to the pub. THAT IS WHAT MASTERS SOCCER IS ALL ABOUT - GOOD TIMES WITH YOUR MATES!!

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our guys battled hard all night!! Hope to go on a winning streak now!! Best part of the night - out of the 19 guys at the game - all stayed for beers after and then 17 of the guys made it to the pub. THAT IS WHAT MASTERS SOCCER IS ALL ABOUT - GOOD TIMES WITH YOUR MATES!!

Well done boys!!!!!!! Myself and the other Bear Cub watched the match at Mooses in Maui on ESPN8. Good to hear the dulcet tones of Vic Rauter again. Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggllllleees!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, Eagles ....... I would like to discuss the two players that did not go to the pub. Should we be making some mid-season personnel changes? (that does not include me retiring).

Well done Horses!!!!!!!!

JAGS

wutthefuk

Sep 7, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done boys!!!!!!! Myself and the other Bear Cub watched the match at Mooses in Maui on ESPN8. Good to hear the dulcet tones of Vic Rauter again. Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggllllleees!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, Eagles ....... I would like to discuss the two players that did not go to the pub. Should we be making some mid-season personnel changes? (that does not include me retiring).

Well done Horses!!!!!!!!

JAGS
Well done Horses! You uys played well! Your the better team! you have more skill! You all know what do with the ball before you get and after you get it! good luck to ya!!

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deserved win by the Flying Horses. They came out glying the first 20' and scored 2 goals. KLM battled hard in the second half and deserved at least 1 goal. Important to mention KLM missed 2 penalties.

Wow all other games were ties this week.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flying Horses 4 - 0 Westside Rangers. Watched the game in Maui again on ESPN8. Johnny V with 2 and City with 2. Solid away win. Will be interested to see how KLM v. Merelomas goes on Sunday. Conductor, how are The Horses doing now vs. adversity? We are rounding into good form past the midway part of the season. All about Coaching. Hi Eagles.

JAGS

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, after two strong performances in the last two weeks - the Horses are now in 1st place. KLM lost to Meraloma's today 2 to 1. Horses are 1 point up on KLM and 5 points up on 3rd place Meraloma's.

Should make for a great last 1/2 of the season.

Horses host Bombastic this Saturday on the grass at Ambleside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0