Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Div 1 Predictions, Results and Banter 2012-2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bumped into Bro this morning and he told me that the Flying Horses came from behind to defeat Shaheen 3-2 up at William Griffin late last night. Apparently newly signed Dickens opened the scoring for the FHs. It is reported there was a distracting UV light shining from out of the trees; probably an indication that the old tanning bed was getting fired up again Trece.

Sir M

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent question Trece...Dickens or Eagles, any input or info on the FHs coming from behind victory last night? Did any game balls get nicked?

Sir M

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent question Trece...Dickens or Eagles, any input or info on the FHs coming from behind victory last night? Did any game balls get nicked?

Sir M

Sir M - no report from me on the match I am Ontario for the weekend - made it to Ivor Wynne Stadium last night to watch the Tragically Hip.

Was the Anti Fan stealing balls again on Friday night?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went on one of those travel websites Eagles, and they said a great place to go as a follow up to Ivor Wynne Stadium is the Velvet Underground. They also recommend a day trip up to Moncton to take in the Scotty's Tournament of Hearts.

Sir M

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, that's a long way off Lonsdale. Seriously. I know it's only a couple of inches away on the map and all...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rangers 5 - 0 VUFC Knights

Ouch. Rangers played a solid game and I'm surprised their results have not been better this year. They were probably the best we've played this year.

We will continue to struggle without a goalie. We signed one last week...he played...now hurt himself in a trail run just before this past weekend. Anyone know of any old keepers out there?

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses had a decent game yesterday beating Van Utd 4 to 1. Van Utd only had 12 players and they had an injury in the first 10 min. Sccoreline could have been more. Horses are now tied for first with KLM, with KLM having a game in hand.

Anti Fan was hovering around the field all day - he was actually chatting to our goal keeper from behind the net when Van Utd scored - obviously distracting our keeper.

Meraloma's next week at Jericho - looks like a Bimini's night after match.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses tied Meralomas last night 3 to 3. Ugly night at Jericho and an ugly game with some extremely dodgey tackles by some Lomas. Then again I am used of this shite from this club - most of them are probably putting the rugby uni on today for the Meralomas. Oh well, still good to get a point.

Only 14 guys out last for us last nite, looking forward to having a full squad in next couple of matches.

Great night at the Cove Pub on 4th and Alma - good having my gal Gail there to drive the team home after.

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
KLM 1 - Shaheen 0. Not a bad game on a beautiful day. KLM's goal came on the 35' mark. Precise cross from the right mid in the box and beautiful finish with the head by the forward. All and all a pretty equal game.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the Flying Horses ain't flying so high anymore????:eek: KLM is starting to pull away from the pack with their make up game against the Bottom feaders or I mean Bombastic. Plus their last game of the first round should be another easy 3 points against Van U. As for FH after the last two seasons of beating up on everyone, they have finally come into a league where teams have some talent and will compete.:rolleyes:

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Utd 0 - Bombastic 1
Van Utd started with only 10 players and fianlly got 11 in the 2nd half. Despite the possession domination we couldn't convert our chances. Van Utd had a couple of good chances themselves and on another day could have nicked it. Full credit to Van utd for putting in a tough shift. a good group of guys who I hope do well. Nice to see a couple of old Point Grey stalwarts kicking about.

We have finally adjusted to th pace of Div1 and picked up some new guys to give us more strength in depth. We have been unlucky in previous weeks so I expect us to slowly climb the table. but whether that happens is another matter!

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the Flying Horses ain't flying so high anymore????:eek: KLM is starting to pull away from the pack with their make up game against the Bottom feaders or I mean Bombastic. Plus their last game of the first round should be another easy 3 points against Van U. As for FH after the last two seasons of beating up on everyone, they have finally come into a league where teams have some talent and will compete.:rolleyes:

Conductor,

Yep this year a little more difficult, with us getting a little older and us not performing the best!! It is good for the FH's to have competitive games week in and week out. In the end, as you know Conductor, the reason the FH's were created were for a bunch guys from the North Shore (We have 3 non North Shore guys) to play together and have pints together - that is what masters soccer should be about!

We are hoping to give a few teams a good run when it comes to Masters A Cup, we will have nothing to lose when it comes to that competition. Hopefully, we will have a full squad when it comes to that!!

All the best Conductor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0