Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/rumours/banter, November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At BLSCW it was PCOV 1 West Van 1 tonight. WVFC failed to capitalize on several golden chances early, and were up 1-0 until the 80 minute mark. The game was really scrambly on a frozen field for the last hour or so. PCOV converted on a quite dubious free kick call at 81 minutes, at a time when the much vaunted and much larger WVFC back line failed to mark up. West Van needs to be much more disciplined in these type of games: a couple of points given away at the end by them.

Sir M.

I guess there was nothing in your game report on how for the last 45 minutes the ball was in the WEStvans end? I see we see the game from 2 different views... Give the first 25 minutes to you guys and give the rest to PCOV!! Lucky Sir M you guys even managed a pt if we didn t miss a clear cut break with 1 min to play... But a tie is a fair result! I will follow up on a game report later....

Off to do hot yoga... After Eagles visicious assaults from the sidelines i need some downtime to myself:)

Eagles looked good from the sideline except not to sure if you were wearing extra clothing or else you been visiting Mc Donalds like a few of the WEstvan guys :)

PS: Awesome job from the referee!!

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All that time in our end and not one shot on goal. How am I supposed to prove that I can catch the ball when you guys could not hit the net. Lots of tough guys on the sidelines for the Porks. Too bad none have the balls to put on a pair of boots. What does it mean when The Porks players on the field are telling their own fans to shut up. I think maybe they are ashamed of being associated with them. And that George guy, my god man, this is soccer, not the 3m diving championships. I could have sworn he had been shot three or four times. In the end a 1-1 result was fair.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV converted on a quite dubious free kick call at 81 minutes.

Dubious would have been calling a peno in the last minute!;) I can see how you thought it was dubious given your superior vantage point.:rolleyes: Your right midfield had not one, but both his hands on the PCOV players's shoulder. If you're being objective, really not dubious at all.

All in all I thought the result was fair. Both teams had long stretches of posession, and the field really made it tough with how slick it was.

:bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually thought the game was well officiated, the ref did the best he could, and officiated fairly despite a lot of diving by the home team. Plus the main thing is he let the teams play and did not make it all about him. All in all, a good job.

PS after all of the superlatives that have been strewn about on this thread about PCOV, I would have expected a lot more from them going forward. They looked a lot like the old PCOV to me.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucky Sir M you guys even managed a pt if we didn t miss a clear cut break with 1 min to play... But a tie is a fair result!

Lucky Sir M you guys even managed a pt......But a tie is a fair result! :rolleyes:

How clear cut was the break?? Thought the ball was taken away by the defender about 20 yards out? Was there a shot on net in this "clear cut" break away ? :rolleyes:

A tie was a fair result, thought WestVan stopped playing mid way through second half after playing keep away in the first half but only managing one goal. Props to Pcov for coming back later in second half.

Alot of diving out there, and some class comments by the Fantabulaous center back. Aftter the PCOV goal, yelling at the west Van side line " Go back over the bridge you F...gs!" and something about taking your Bra off and twisting you like a pretzel....Meet me in the parking lot after the game?

Sticks and stones will...never mind. Eagles will now be on the injury list as Day to Day; out with hurt feelings.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All that time in our end and not one shot on goal. How am I supposed to prove that I can catch the ball when you guys could not hit the net. Lots of tough guys on the sidelines for the Porks. Too bad none have the balls to put on a pair of boots. What does it mean when The Porks players on the field are telling their own fans to shut up. I think maybe they are ashamed of being associated with them. And that George guy, my god man, this is soccer, not the 3m diving championships. I could have sworn he had been shot three or four times. In the end a 1-1 result was fair.

Fantabulous, are you noticing a trend here? I happened to be playing in the right-mid position when we played you guys, close enough to be the target of the ridiculous comments from your sidelines. And I mean ridiculous. I got challenged by some twat who clearly hasn't played or never played in a long time.

Sort this out and instead of getting defensive, accept this as an honest comment. You have a very good team with a sideline entourage that compromises what you do on the pitch.

Fully agree with planks.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Sapperton righted the ship last night against Metro Ford. I think that this year, there is going to be a real dogfight for the #3 to #8 or 9 positions in the league, and of course, qualification for the BCs.

PS, Dickens is that guy FTab?

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby, If you were playing right mid you should have heard that the comments started from your sidelines (Eagles) and that PCOV retaliated from those comments. One of your guy's ran over our goalie for no reason and that's what started it. I seem to hear "pigeons" a lot from the eagle. If i'm not mistaken you guy's received a 4 game suspension for yapping on the sidelines. That #20 has gotta be the dirtiest player in the league. Kudos to the ref for a good game and for Sir M making those key subs.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby plays for Surrey United, so he is talking about a different game, same theme I guess.

#20 gets stuck in. He is not dirty, never has been.

city

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby, If you were playing right mid you should have heard that the comments started from your sidelines (Eagles) and that PCOV retaliated from those comments. One of your guy's ran over our goalie for no reason and that's what started it. I seem to hear "pigeons" a lot from the eagle. If i'm not mistaken you guy's received a 4 game suspension for yapping on the sidelines. That #20 has gotta be the dirtiest player in the league. Kudos to the ref for a good game and for Sir M making those key subs.

Ironic that Fantubby goes on about the lack of class Westvan showed over an accidental locked change room, when PCOV and entourage lowered themselves to challenging opponents to fights in the parking lot. Team Starter if #20 is "the dirtiest player in the league" show me his red cards this year...You guys should worry about your own team :rolleyes:

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of your guy's ran over our goalie for no reason and that's what started it. QUOTE]

give your head a shake :rolleyes: I believe the goalie made a decision to get a piece of the 150 lb mid fielder as he held up and was trying to get out of the way... As Sirm would say, " give me strength"

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dickens_cider;296587 ....Meet me in the parking lot after the game? [/QUOTE said:
DC, perhaps he just wanted to make you an offer on your girlfriend's green GMC Tracker.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. Lots of pot stirring. It will be interesting to see how these two teams perform down the stretch. PCOV is definitely a better team than I remember a number of years ago.
I would have loved to have played our game on grass though...much different result as the turf really changes things especially for West Van's speed IMO.

I agree with Sir M's analysis of refereeing. He didn't need to make that many difficult calls and he was fairly neutral. If he had given the call at the end that would have been diabolical and unjustified.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He would not have SCK. As a person in authority, rule #1 is that your are always neutral, and always fair. Otherwise, no one respects you. I am sure he gets that.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DC, perhaps he just wanted to make you an offer on your girlfriend's green GMC Tracker.

Classic.. that was left in the richmond parking lot when I decided to steal CS's bike at nations cup. Last time I saw the tracker it was painted with hoops and CS was cruising down #3 rd with th top off listening to Neil Diamond.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classic.. that was left in the richmond parking lot when I decided to steal CS's bike at nations cup. Last time I saw the tracker it was painted with hoops and CS was cruising down #3 rd with th top off listening to Neil Diamond.

Hey Cap ....I found who has your bike

And I now have found my CD ...Nearly

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in game last night PCOV vs WV and I thought a tie was a deserving result for both teams. WV had the better chances in the first 30 minutes. Mind you when PCOV put Battista on after about 35 minutes in things started to change a bit as PCOV started to carry the play. I do agree with Planks though that he didn't have much to do as I can't recall PCOV taking any shots on net. Planks is maybe lucky though, as the only shot on net did go in to give PCOV 100% shooting accuracy. As for the hit on PCOV's goalie, I felt WV players over reacted quite a bit, and soon realized that there intimadation tactics wouldn't work with PCOV as some tempers did flare up. I believe PCOV should have tried to have gotten Vito back in the line up as he did make some room up front when he was on. As Sir M pointed out WV has a Big back line that is pretty solid. Glad to meet SCK last night, as he seemed to fit in more with Pork Chops after the game then he does with his own team. I have heard that WV doesn't really make the east end guys feel welcome as they are pretty cliquey up there on the North Shore. If you don't believe just ask Big M who played there a few years ago!:eek:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Conductor. I think you may have had a few too many last night...
West Van are in first in part to some of the additions on the club.
Good guys on and off the park too. Hope to see you at the dog again sometime.
Cheers.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard that WV doesn't really make the east end guys feel welcome as they are pretty cliquey up there on the North Shore. If you don't believe just ask Big M who played there a few years ago!:eek:

East end guy? Your too kind to Big M... he was more of a west end guy :eek: Conductor I hear you have MT on speed dial trying to Lure him back to the North Shore to help Roma. Will the Hay wagon make it over all those bridges to the north shore?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is this Conductor? Sounds like the real Anti-Fan.

~backtomysabbaticalinthejbl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0