Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup

VMSL Masters A Cup Champions.

• Metro Ford Wolves

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • West Van FC

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • West Side

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Vancouver Firefighters

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs since you asked, we scored about 5 minutes in, and got another at about the 10 minute mark that was subsequently flagged off side. We then, much like the Firemen game the week before had a gaffe in the middle of the park and they tied it. We then really pressed them for the remainder, and got one with about 10 to 15 to go. With no time left, in the 95th minute, MF hit about a 50 yard hump right down the gut which kind of split the defenders, and one of our backs went into a tackle that some thought was a penalty and others did not, and the Nordic players and staff erupted into a big celebration of the penalty shot. Walks awarded the PK, they scored (I think it may have only been their second shot on goal), and the final whistle blew on the ensuing kickoff. The 2 OT periods continued much of the same, but both teams very tired. The 1st 4 WV penalty takers converted, and MF hit the bar with one, and Planks saved another, and that was it. I am glad that the players did not get any serious injuries before the BCs.

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF hit about a 50 yard hump right down the gut which kind of split the defenders, and one of our backs went into a tackle that some thought was a penalty and others did not, and the Nordic players and staff erupted into a big celebration of the penalty shot. .

It was about 50/50 the celebration of the PK. Friends on both sides. Even though I was pulling for WV I think the penalty was a good call.

Congrats on the win.

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was an all around good game yesterday.

Yes, WV scored early on a bad give away by us. I think the guy actually shanked it into the top corner but they all count. We tied it up when Meers chipped Maros on a solo effort. We should of had a PK in the first half when one of our guys was taken down from behind. I asked Walks why he didn't call it and he said, `what am I supposed to do, give you a PK' ummmm ya. To be fair, he did a good game, could have sent Meers off but only gave a yellow. I think alot of other refs would have gone crazy with cards yesteday, but he let us play, nice to see. First half was fairly even, I think WV had a slight possession advantage but both teams created chances, WV a few more than us.

Second half, WV took it to us, we adjusted after the 20-25 minute mark and settled down and played our way back into the game. WV second goal came from a bit of a scrammble in the box. We pressed forward the last five and just started launching balls into their box. Fiddler got on the end of one and was taken down for the PK. Sully hammered it home and the final whisle blew after the restart.

First half of overtime was evenly played but we really pressed during the second half but unable to get anything as most of our crosses were getting cut out. Got killed in PK's, end of story! It was fun to play in front of some people again with a good atmosphere around the park.....ah the good old days. Well done West Van.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Francis,
Give a little credit. We know how you hate to actually say that Planks stopped a PK. Anything that Planks does well you hate to admit. But then again, he's no Merks or Sherle. But then you are no Brolly or Catliff either. :wa:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may be a bit biased, but I would take Planks over any of those others.

Just my opinion.

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok ok ok.......Planks stopped a pk, there happy. I didn't know each shot had to be catalogued. I would take JM on my team again anyday, but prefer a keeper who can actually use his feet.

I can't believe you put Brolly and Catlif in the same sentence, one's a player and one isn't. You also must have me mistaken with someone else because I get nowhere near the front line.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that Planks stopped a PK against Columbus in the 1/4s. JM stopped the PK on Sunday.

:)

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am with you Francis... it is like guessing the notes of a good fiddler.....

It still sounds like rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0