Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup

VMSL Masters A Cup Champions.

• Metro Ford Wolves

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • West Van FC

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • West Side

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Vancouver Firefighters

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like MF over WFC. Not overly impressed with WFC seeing we played them and should have won.

I also like West Van over the Firemen. There just that much better than the other guys and appear to be on a roll. The Firemen luck will run out.

MF over the West Van in the final due to goaltending....

For those that are still in it, good luck!

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So:

Metro Ford is scheduled against West Side on Friday eve at Charles Best turf at 7 PM in one semi-final.

Vancouver Fire are scheduled to host West Van at BLSCW #2 at 1 PM on Sunday in the other.

And...

The VMSL Masters playoff game for the final BC spot is Columbus against Sapperton Rovers at Hastings Bowl North at 10 AM.

chooch

Apr 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the vote of confidence SCK. I'm not sure I agree with your view

that luck has played a roll in our 6-0 run over the past few weeks. I'd like to t

think it had more to do with greater numbers for training and games, as well

as a resolve to make another serious run thsi Spring. we'll see how this

weekend plays out.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A note to the Columbus boys...as I guess they are the home team...you'll need to line the field and bring your own nets....

SCK...hey...what luck...good teams make their own...which we've been doing the past 6 games...and look at the park we get to play on...might as well play in the parking lot...it's alot easier on your body.

Cheers!

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford over Westside .. Regulation time
Van FF vs WV .. going to say Van FF Possible OT

Final: Metro Ford Regulation Time

sg48715

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF over WFC in PK's. Not to sound biased but MF should have finished things in regulation time. WCF had their chances but MF hit 4 posts and were stoned by Merkle several times. Good match, no beers, no showers.

:knvb:

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We actually did find a place to drink pints after the game. Coquitlam is being absolutely ridiculous right now with respect to drinking at the fields. A parks guy actually searched the change rooms at Best during the game to make sure there was no beer in them..............ah the game.

Pretty evenly played game in terms of posession, I thought we had way more quality chances and should have finished it off in regulation. As stated above, we hit the woodwork on several occasions and Merkl made some great saves for them. We won it on PK's just as the lights were about to go out on us. Our keeper, Dave Sherle made some absolutely great saves in the shootout, he is one of the most underrated keepers around anywhere. I must say that him and Merkl are probably the top 2 keepers in our league.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We actually did find a place to drink pints after the game. Coquitlam is being absolutely ridiculous right now with respect to drinking at the fields. A parks guy actually searched the change rooms at Best during the game to make sure there was no beer in them..............ah the game.
It's kind of understandable considering the fact that it's a high school and there are probably youth games in the morning.

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's kind of understandable considering the fact that it's a high school and there are probably youth games in the morning.

Being a high school is irrelevant on a Friday night at 10:00pm. There are also youth games at every other field around in the morning, what's your point? All teams in Coquitlam are having this problem right now, it's not that we want to be able to drink whereve we want, it's that no common sense is being used right now. They are doing the same thing at Town Center, the guy down there tried to kick us out of the change rooms while we were showering and told us we were lucky he even opened the change rooms for us. There is more to this but I don't feel like blabbering on.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So exactly what's the problem? Is it that (1) you're not allowed to drink there or (2) that you're being given a hard time just trying to use the facilities legitimately?

I can understand being pissed about point #2 (and I'm not sure about the background regarding it), but whining about #1 is silly and childish. You know the rules -- they're the same everywhere. So why complain that one particular municipality is trying to enforce them?

Besides, being a high school is relevant. Most parents and persons of authority don't want teenagers thinking that drinking out in public (or at their high school) is appropriate. What are they going to think when they see a bunch of 40-year olds out having some beers after their game?

The same issue came up at Point Grey Turf in Vancouver. And you know how it was solved? Guys just went across the street to the Cheshire.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please note Keeper is a teacher as well as just having his first child days ago.
And by the looks of things, he resides in Coquitlam.
Them's fighting words Francis.

Oh, and Dave Sherle is a traitor.
Damn good keeper, but a traitor. :D

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,
Give me a fcuking break pleasssssssssse.........whether it is a park, parking lot, field, school or whatever is irrelevant. All municipalities have a no drinking policy in public places, agreed. Each municipality seems to enforce this rule differently even pertaining to different fields in their own municipality.

For instance, Burnaby rules Burnaby Lake with an iron fist, but go Riverway any Sunday morning or afternoon and you find senior teams emptying coolers outside the change rooms as youth teams play on the 4 fields. Is this sending a bad message to those young kids, I don't know?

My point is that for 20 years we have not been bothered too much about this issue in Coquitlam, so why now. We are trying get the answers from the city and come to a common sense understanding (which I have been told will happen). We just want to be able to have a pint in the change room while we change or shower.

What if Surrey starts enforcing this rule, all hell will break with the Rangers I am sure. Cormack will have to quit the FVSL exec. and try to get elected to Surrey council. You think the Rangers would whine and act childish as you call it if this happens.

Answer me this, when was the last time you had a beer at a field after a game? Right, I thought so..........

RF,
Sherle is also a great beer guy, but that be a moot point soon if Keeper has his way. Traitor, you mean Izatt????? Luv ya Izzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0