Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup

VMSL Masters A Cup Champions.

• Metro Ford Wolves

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • West Van FC

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • West Side

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Vancouver Firefighters

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if Surrey starts enforcing this rule, all hell will break with the Rangers I am sure. Cormack will have to quit the FVSL exec. and try to get elected to Surrey council. You think the Rangers would whine and act childish as you call it if this happens..

Shhhhhh.
For the love of Baby Jesus.
Talk about fighting words Francis. :D
And no we wouldn't whine or act childish.
The Rangers have never behaved in such a fashion.

RF,
Sherle is also a great beer guy, but that be a moot point soon if Keeper has his way. Traitor, you mean Izatt????? Luv ya Izzo.

No he WAS a great beer guy until he did the old Benedict Arnold.
And they were both our's before they were your's before they went across the river and then back again and then flaked out once again to go to the Wolves when Keith finally came back home, alone, and realized where his heart was along with the purest form of football around.
Davie just forgot his roots, turned his back, and succumbed to pressure from the in laws.
You can lick me today Richie.
He will never be forgiven.
Unless he signs for us again of course. :D

Well done on the win boys, ;)
RF

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shhhhhh.
And no we wouldn't whine or act childish.
The Rangers have never behaved in such a fashion.

RF

RF Just drinks the Jennie shakes after the games anyways ......
Francis - be careful - Keeper is really the Mayor of Port Coquitlam and is making the comments above to help his political career - lock your doors.

:bronco: :bronco:

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No game report from anyone on yesterday's other semi-final. I see on the VMSL website, although we beat Westside they managed to sneak into the final somehow and get another shot at us.

RF,
Sherle says hi and will always be a ND boy at heart, I will always be a Surrey boy heart, Izatt always goes home alone and come on, who doesn't love Bodnark!!!!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just an update on J.L. who had to leave our game yesterday due to a "I didn't touch him" challenge by Mac....4 cracked ribs...amazing how a guy can do that to himself eh? Crack his own ribs...hmmm. Whatever...guess Sir M,you guys have a chance to avenge your...what was it..5 or 4 to 1 loss to MF in the last league game.

Cheers!

ps: might I suggest not passing back to the keeper....

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just an update on J.L. who had to leave our game yesterday due to a "I didn't touch him" challenge by Mac....4 cracked ribs...amazing how a guy can do that to himself eh? Crack his own ribs...hmmm. Whatever...guess Sir M,you guys have a chance to avenge your...what was it..5 or 4 to 1 loss to MF in the last league game.

Cheers!

ps: might I suggest not passing back to the keeper....

PS.. you might also want to suggest not doing a diving header back to your keeper.

Scotty, I guess West Van will get a chance to avenge their loss next week to MF :rolleyes:. Did you have sour grapes for breakfast? I believe in that loss to MF in the last game of the season, West Van may have had a few reasons for it ( as borrowed from ScottyShells book, 101 reasons the fireman did not win)

undermanned again..oh well
had no CAT players to call upon
Had guys working shift work
They literally "threw" that game away....one of Their back up keepers
Had to play on the parking lot
They didn't want to be ranked too high
everyone on the field was 40 yrs old
The ref was terrible...

and so on.

Unfortunate injury to J.L. Both players collided in the air going for the ball.

I watched the Fireman vs West Van game. Couple bad goals from both teams. Fireman started strong, and went up 1-0 on a nice header. After about first 15 mins I thought West van started to slowly take over pocession and had a few chances/crossbar. West Van tied game with a PK. Fireman went up 2-1 on a pass back to westvan's keeper that he layed off for Firman forward to put in the net. Fireman thanked Westvan by later heading a cross into their own net to tie the game. Scicoli then stopped a PK, but West Van finally scored a third goal with about 20 mins left. Not a bad game to watch, thought West Van deserved the win. Score probably could have been about 5 or 6 to three Westvan had they put some of their chances away.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shoulda woulda coulda eh?? I guess the Firemen can't win all games. After all, they did manage to "sneak" into the Provincials. Your right though I have heard of those excuses.

I heard Columbus had a good game against Sapp boys. Hose must be too busy celebrating to post a report...or visiting with his family.

RF: Yes, I keep bangin away, at least I have the balls to do it properly like I've done all year. And we aren't even in the Provincials, a hole. We'll just see how the MICKEY Mouse Rangers do.

SCK

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the Fireman vs West Van game.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dickens ......... I know the coach forgot about you on the sidelines yesterday, but when I was on the field, I thought you were as well. I recall this to be true, as there was a statement from someone about too many bear cubs on one side of the field, and that a certain left back and certain left midfielder might have started into a greco-roman wrestling match in the middle of the game. Glad I got the switch to right back and did not have to 'layeth the smackdown'. Are you planning on "WATCHING" the game next week.:D :D :D

JAGS

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shoulda woulda coulda eh?? I guess the Firemen can't win all games. After all, they did manage to "sneak" into the Provincials. Your right though I have heard of those excuses.

I heard Columbus had a good game against Sapp boys. Hose must be too busy celebrating to post a report...or visiting with his family.

RF: Yes, I keep bangin away, at least I have the balls to do it properly like I've done all year. And we aren't even in the Provincials, a hole. We'll just see how the MICKEY Mouse Rangers do.

SCK

SCK.. Columbus went up 2-0 on two Pk's in the first half. Second half Columbus started strong, but then started to sit back and SAPP had a few chances. SAPP scored with about 20 mins left to make it interesting and while they were pressing, Columbus scored on the counter attack to make it 3-1 in the final mins. Was a fairly even game, but Columbus was better on the day and deserved the win. Sapp had couple CAT guys playing and Columbus looked to have full roster as well.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
at least I have the balls to do it properly like I've done all year.

Heavy sigh.

No, you don't do it properly, because you still have not figured out the theme of this web site yet.

I simply showed a possible typo between the numbers '2' and '3', from another one of your whiny bitch posts, like fcuking two weeks ago, in another thread, to have a laugh, yes at you, my sincerest apologies, about an old thing between you and me last year to offer a twisted olive branch.
You didn't get it and you never will I suppose.

Unlucky on not making it to the dance.
Your side, in my humble opinion, should probably be there over some other sides that qualified.

Done,
Bootlickerforever

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty my thoughts on this, seeing you addressed some of your comments to me:

West Van, including Stevie M is very sorry to hear about the Firemen player's injuries. I personally saw Steve reach over and apologize to the VFF player after the collision, and he later told me that he felt bad and did not even think it was a foul. My read on this is that VFF had a strategy to play very physical against us, and this resulted in a number very late or high tackles, cleatings, especially after WV kind of took it to them, and a couple of PKs given up as a result, and resultant injuries to WV players. I had a front row seat to the collision, and have spoken to SM about it, and it appeared that the FF player was about to come in high and hard (some have described it an effort to "do" Steve), and Mac put up his forearm to defend himself, and unfortunately this hurt the other player. But Steve is probably not a guy to come at like that I would think, otherwise the opposing player has a very good chance coming out second best. It was just a physical challenge, and I think he is used to that. I was unfortunate that the FF player was injured: nothing more, nothing less. He just made a bad choice as to who to go in high against. As far as the rest of your post goes I guess it stands for itself.

MF vs WV at Kinsmen in the Masters A Cup final at noon Sunday, the Imperial Cup Final (ICSF Inter vs Columbus-Clan) goes right after.

Regards.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty my thoughts on this, seeing you addressed some of your comments to me:

West Van, including Stevie M is very sorry to hear about the Firemen player's injuries. I personally saw Steve reach over and apologize to the VFF player after the collision, and he later told me that he felt bad and did not even think it was a foul. My read on this is that VFF had a strategy to play very physical against us, and this resulted in a number very late or high tackles, cleatings, especially after WV kind of took it to them, and a couple of PKs given up as a result, and resultant injuries to WV players. I had a front row seat to the collision, and have spoken to SM about it, and it appeared that the FF player was about to come in high and hard (some have described it an effort to "do" Steve), and Mac put up his forearm to defend himself, and unfortunately this hurt the other player. But Steve is probably not a guy to come at like that I would think, otherwise the opposing player has a very good chance coming out second best. It was just a physical challenge, and I think he is used to that. I was unfortunate that the FF player was injured: nothing more, nothing less. He just made a bad choice as to who to go in high against. As far as the rest of your post goes I guess it stands for itself.

MF vs WV at Kinsmen in the Masters A Cup final at noon Sunday, the Imperial Cup Final (ICSF Inter vs Columbus-Clan) goes right after.

Regards.

Sir M very diplomatic and respectful post - thanks for your "sorry to hear comment". JL is a tough guy and never goes out to injure anyone - goes in hard but things happen.
As for strategy - we don't really need one - our only strategy was to rest those that were injured and to come out with no injuries waiting for the real dance - no Dickens not an excuse - but we will have our best foot forward in a few weeks minus JL.
Random thoughts - I am sure Oliver Heald had a tough time in midfield - playing against someone already playing at SFU the day he was born. A few more years and we will have Tyler Rosenlund come out - really don't understand what joy Ollie gets playing in the over 35's when he could still be playing elsewhere but those are the rules so good for him. Rumour has it that the WV players are complaining about playing time and they really are pissed to be sitting watching when they have played all year and others come in and eat up their time.
For entertainment - As for Stevie Macs hit on JL - I think a few of us took some shots from him - quite a few in the back - but then again he is a defender. He is welcome in my Octagon anytime. Actually I didn't get a clear view but hard to believe a forearm could crack four ribs - I thought it was a knee or a foot but it is not going to change anything.
Seems like everyone on here is on the _ag lately - pull out the string - remember boys it is just a game and everyone has to work the next day - unless of course you are the Moneyman.

Two weeks to take the non-VMSL teams out of the BC's.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure is quiet on the FVSL thread.....although our good friend ForeverRanger seems to be enjoying the banter here as I guess the Moneyman has gone on the road in search of talent for next year...

Cheers!

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it that the WV players are complaining about playing time and they really are pissed to be sitting watching when they have played all year and others come in and eat up their time.

:eek: Taxman, The only complaining with this team is probably that the playing time is cutting into their pinting time and poker Games. Not sure who the "others" are that you are referring to? Seems to be the same team We saw earlier in the season.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No there were a couple of guys one tooth that were injured and came back around Christmas. I think that may be who they are referring to. And of course Ollie had that Bar Mitzvah thing.

By the way, I see our favourite official was out at the game, sporting a pretty stylin' hat I must say.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, congrats on the victory Sir M. I am sure it was a hard fought battle. Now, on to the provincials. Don't forget what happened to the past few Cup champions though...Especially your first one out at UBC. Good luck to all!

SCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0