Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 March Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave vs MFFF

Well if the head-to-head game vs Cliff Ave wasn't incentive enough, if MFFF wins, then they play a SU team down 5 red carded players.

This is without a doubt the best opportunity for MFFF to get out of the relegation zone. 2 wins and they're in a playoff. It is very much a possibility that had faint hope before last night. It's going to be a great battle on Sunday.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can a coach/manager go to disipline hearings to make a statement?

I have a feeling that other than Wickham, no other div 1 team wants to come up anyways...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can a coach/manager go to disipline hearings to make a statement?

I have a feeling that other than Wickham, no other div 1 team wants to come up anyways...

I have done so (that's because I was being disciplined as well:D) but I don't think it holds much weight with the board.
In 2006 Miro had an atrocious game with us vs Surrey. I was so disguisted and turned off of soccer because of him, I actualy hated Miro for the entire 2006/07 season. I couldn't look at, shake his hand after a game, or even talk to him. That's probably how a few SU guys are feeling right now.

As for Div 1 teams other than Wickhan - they'll get absolutely crushed in Premier. Abby Ancient Mariners like dismantling.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could see the 22nd Ave Lions wanting to come up and then being merged with Inter. But then again, I have heard that Inter may disban.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few comments/questions:

1. Regs, I do not think a coach can go to a hearing.

2. When and where is the MFFF/Cliff game?

3. If two Div 1 teams do not come up, maybe an SFC entry?

4. Comparing Miro to Rene is really no comparison. By way of contrast, as I thankfully was not at the Sapp/SU game, but was at the game at Ambleside last night, Rene put on an elegant performance in a highly charged NS Derby/Imperial Cup match. I am not sure if he even showed a card, and I do not think anyone has any complaints.

My opinion.

Sir M.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy, this won't happen!

I could see the 22nd Ave Lions wanting to come up and then being merged with Inter. But then again, I have heard that Inter may disban.

From what I have heard 22nd Ave Lions are very happy and content to be in Div 1. They may be Inter's farm team on paper, but other than that these two teams would never merge. Rumour I have heard is that Inter may merge with Cliff Ave, as Edgar might have had enough of trying to get players out to games for Cliff. A Cliff and Inter merge could make for a pretty strong team considering the talent signed on paper between both teams. The only problem is trying to get enough guys to field a team with a reasonable amount of subs for both of these clubs.:eek: As for Wickham coming back up to Premier next year, I think they will hold there own, and be in the middle of the pack somewhere. Unless of course they show up with only 12 players to each game like they did in Cup against Sapp!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3. If two Div 1 teams do not come up, maybe an SFC entry?

Note to sure about that SirM, the reffing is far better in the Valley, but that may be due to the fact that there is alot of "play on" calls.

But you never know, it looks like we may be needed, the other Surrey team does not know how to stop the Sapperton train, everyone saw it stop at Newton last year.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really, who did they sign that is different from last year in Cup, they were pretty damn good last april, but not that good.

So who is in the BC's from VMSL?

hos

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again Conductor you are correct! Let me tell you there is no way Inter/Lions merge...In fact, the lions are there for a reason. They enjoy playing in div 1 and do not want to play up. The Cliff/Inter merger plans is only a rumour. There has been no talk or discussion about it. Doesn't mean it won't happen but it is a far from happening. Inter, IMO, won't be able to field enough guys for div. 1 unless a number of East Vaners get back into shape and are commited to playing. We had a tough enough time getting 12-13 for each game. And, unlike, Columbus, West Van, and Sapp, they we didn't get ANY guys from their Open team. WAB, Sir M. and Rob A. have done a great job of that. We haven't.....

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp
Columbus
WestVan
RCIU
PCOV
Westside

So here's a question about BC's that someone on here probably know's. How does it work for BC's, I've heard that all 16 teams just get put in a hat and it's a random draw. If that's the case how do they determine who are the home teams? Or do they split the VMSL and put 3 teams on opposite sides of the draw and also split the Island and put 2 teams on opposite sides. I'm not sure how they divvy up the FVSL 3 spots and NSCL 3 spots?

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again Conductor you are correct! Let me tell you there is no way Inter/Lions merge...In fact, the lions are there for a reason. They enjoy playing in div 1 and do not want to play up. The Cliff/Inter merger plans is only a rumour. There has been no talk or discussion about it. Doesn't mean it won't happen but it is a far from happening. Inter, IMO, won't be able to field enough guys for div. 1 unless a number of East Vaners get back into shape and are commited to playing. We had a tough enough time getting 12-13 for each game. And, unlike, Columbus, West Van, and Sapp, they we didn't get ANY guys from their Open team. WAB, Sir M. and Rob A. have done a great job of that. We haven't.....

Unfortunately the Inter open team had no one fit of the appropriate age available to play over 35 to help that team. One obvious candidate is the immortal Ivan Lee but he has unfortunately been a bit mortal this year recovering from a long term knee injury. Everyone else is well below 35.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If there was an Inter/Cliff merge I could see a goalkeeping controversy brewing. I have heard a rumour of that merge as well.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, as far as Sapp goes, and we have played them several times over the last few years, I can tell you that they are a much different team. WAB could probably answer your question better than I, but they are much more focused and tougher (as in more skillful, they were always tough) than the past. I am not sure if that has anything to do with anyone they have signed, or if they have dodged injuries, or the fact that their club has committed to going with younger players on their Div 1 side, and committing their older players to the Masters side. Don't forget that not very long ago, Sapp were BC Champs, and some of their older players from that championship side are now with their Masters team. You can tell that their level has raised significantly.

In my opinion anyway. WAB may want to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0