Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 March Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New month, not much left to go but everything could be sorted this weekend.

Sapp vs BRM Friday @ Queens Park 8PM
Columbus vs Westside Friday @ Burnaby Lake 9PM
Cliff Ave vs MetroFord Sunday @ Burnaby Lake 9AM

Anything less than a win by Slurrey gives Westside the last BC berth.

If Westside drops points, the door is still open for Slurrey.

MetroFord can still catch Cliff Ave but have to win. If they drop any points they are done and off to Div 1 with Inter.

Personally, optimal results would be:

BRM win
Columbus Win
Cliff/Metroford win/tie

Under those results, our final game vs MetroFord would mean nothing for them and everything for us - a win would put us into the provincials. If Westside were to get a point in their last game vs Columbus, we could still force a playoff game for the final BC berth.

As slim as it is, we still have hope :eek:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this could to be an ugly weekend for Sapp. If the stars ever aligned right for SU, this is that weekend.

Not only is Sapp without 3 guys due to other "commitments":rolleyes:, but Arnie and Brian D are both out with 3 yellows, and Flintoff and Johnston are still injured. We are down to 11 men as of now and top it all off Ryan McNabb still has to get his night shift off. As we have seen in the past, it's pretty tough for him to do. We might be with only 10 guys! At least it wasn't a Cup game this weekend.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB's Picks
March 2 2009

Sapp vs Surrey Tie 2-2. We'll still manage a point and for the 2nd year in a row Surrey will be out of the provincials.
Columbus vs Westside 2-1.
Cliff Ave vs MFFF 1-0.

Good luck to MFFF and SU. I would love to see that final game have so much riding on it. That would draw Croatia-Serbia like attendance figures.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New month, not much left to go but everything could be sorted this weekend.

Sapp vs BRM Friday @ Queens Park 8PM
Columbus vs Westside Friday @ Burnaby Lake 9PM
Cliff Ave vs MetroFord Sunday @ Burnaby Lake 9AM

Anything less than a win by Slurrey gives Westside the last BC berth.

If Westside drops points, the door is still open for Slurrey.

MetroFord can still catch Cliff Ave but have to win. If they drop any points they are done and off to Div 1 with Inter.

Personally, optimal results would be:

BRM win
Columbus Win
Cliff/Metroford win/tie

Under those results, our final game vs MetroFord would mean nothing for them and everything for us - a win would put us into the provincials. If Westside were to get a point in their last game vs Columbus, we could still force a playoff game for the final BC berth.

As slim as it is, we still have hope :eek:

Anytime I am about to write a post like this I don't feel great about it because it sounds like sour grapes and I don't want to take anything away from Cliff Avenue who obviously have a good team. But, how the hell we didn't come away with a win AGAIN is starting to really piss me off. It's been the strangest year I have ever experienced. At times we look like we should be the BC champs and other times we look like we should get relegated. We have had some very bad luck at times and you can only hope it will even up but we all know that hard work brings good luck.

What we missed in front of the net yesterday is almost laughable. Cliff's goal in the second half to tie was an absolutely incredible shot. I can't remember when we scored on an incredible shot. Don't need to because we create chances so that you don't need that incredible shot BUT maybe that is what it will take.

Regs, I suggest that we practice incredible shots on Wednesday night. I'll put together the training plan and try to find some extras to shag the balls that fly into the parking lot. I also suggest we all park at the far rear.:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anytime I am about to write a post like this I don't feel great about it because it sounds like sour grapes and I don't want to take anything away from Cliff Avenue who obviously have a good team. But, how the hell we didn't come away with a win AGAIN is starting to really piss me off.
What we missed in front of the net yesterday is almost laughable.

If Murray's miss against Sapp is any indication of the type of golden opportunities wasted then I concur.

On the positive side, if you do manage to squeak into the BCs, everything might turn around and go your way. 5, 6,7 goals will be the norm.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus versus Westside game, most the guys will be at a Bocce tournament that night so we are lucky to have 9 - 10 guys.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside have a bunch of guys getting their nails done Friday, it was booked a long time ago and Marcel can be a real bitch when we cancel...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucky for you guys. There is a Westside function on Friday with free beers. I am guessing we will struggle to get 7 out. Maybe we can play a half-field game?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I would like to jump in on this as well.

BRM will have all 28 guys available including all front-runners.

If only we had your troubles :(

:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM will have all 28 guys available including all front-runners.

If only we had your troubles :(

:D

Ohhhhh, a slag at most of the SU team. Troubles, but damn funny:)

15 is ideal, after that the depth issue usually kicks in.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least it wasn't a Cup game this weekend.

I am sure if it was a cup game or something PCOV would of accommodated you guys some how. We would of maybe got it postponed until a date where you guys were all there... Thats the last thing we need to hear if you guys were missing players.

BOHica : Please have WAB in the line up when you guys play PCOV.. Fanny doesn t ask for much... :rolleyes: Our chances will improve alittle if any. :)

bohica

Oct 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wab only gets into the line up when I have no other option. It is probably a very good chance he will play against you guys as are yellow cards are adding up. We will most likely pick up a few more against SU since our two teams battle on the pitch.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BOHICA: What are the chances of you and WAB in the line up at the same time vs our two big dogs.... Coach roger and racketts ? Is there anyway we can make that work?:rolleyes:

Coach Roger has been spotted at queens park at 6am doing yoga while his side kick Mr. Racketts scored a highlight reel goal last game during our domination of Richmond! So we are very confident.

Bohica, if we cannot get along, LETS GET IT ON!

bohica

Oct 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me and WAB in the line up at the same time, sounds like we would have to play at swanguard for the anticipated crowd

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had it all worked out, 19 guys out for this weekend, Saturday afternoon at Ambleside. Then the league gives us the day off for the first time since Sept. So, the following week, it will be difficult to get the 9 guys out of rehab again for that one.

Sir M.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had it all worked out, 19 guys out for this weekend, Saturday afternoon at Ambleside. Then the league gives us the day off for the first time since Sept. So, the following week, it will be difficult to get the 9 guys out of rehab again for that one.

Sir M.

i totally agree.... We were all pumped up for Sapperton and low and behold they give us the weekend off. :confused:

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rehab??? Just to let everyone know - I have allowed Sir M to relegate my role with the team. I am now the official field liner because we now play on grass. Never knew you could sweat so much lining a field. I may have to go on the injured list if this keeps up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0