Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL MASTERS 2008/09] September Results, Predictions, and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the Div 1 and Div 2 threads are getting a lot more chat lately than this one. I will throw out a few predictions for this weekend, after which the rankings will be posted.

Westside vs Richmond Utd
Cliff Ave vs West Van FC
Columbus vs Inter
Metro Ford vs PCOV draw
Surrey Utd vs Sapperton draw

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My picks for the week are

PCOV by at least 2 over mffm- PCOV
WV over cliff ave, two struggling teams but WV has better coaching!:D -WV
columbus and inter an Italian derby that will end in a tie
Surrey looks to avenge last weeks loss, plus Sapperton hasn't had an early morning game in awhile now.-SURREY
Richmond is my pick for upset of the week vs westside. - Richmond

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor....keep the mask on baby...PCOV 2 - MFFF 2...good thing they had a full bench and that we played with 10 men (2 yellows = red) for the last 30 or so mins.....actually ask anyone of them how they felt after going up 2-1 and then being scored on less than a minute later??? Enjoy the weekend!

Cheers!

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV felt bad and gave you one at the end... We don t wanna see you guys get relegated so we helped you out with 1 pt. Sometimes Christmas comes sooner... HAve a great weekend :)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell, to be honest I'm glad I have the mask on! As for MFFM jamming one right away, to be honest I blinked and next thing I know you guy's are celebrating the tying goal. For those that weren't there PCOV scored to take the lead 2-1 with 3 min's left and then still celebrating, thinking of the 3 points they had just earned, saw MFFM come down in literally 20 seconds tie it up. If I was a religious person, I would have thought I saw the second coming of Moses just part the "White Sea" as it was three passes all down the middle and then bang a goal from Fiddiler(sp). As for the mafia derby I ran into some of them at the drive in Coquitlam which is known as the John B and was told that Columbus tied it late in the game for a 3-3 tie!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a great rendition of our last goal...maybe with a few more healthy bodies we'll make it more interesting in the next meeting. And our black moses is spelled Fiddler...he couldn't believe it either (parting of the "white sea".

SCK....come on...let's hear it...does Columbus owe you points?

Cheers!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell - with the merging of your two teams, how can you guys still be showing up with tight numbers to games?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside vs Richmond Utd -A WS letdown after that monsterous tie last week.
Cliff Ave vsWest Van FC - It'll take another week before WV finds their groove
Columbus vs Inter - Tie:rolleyes:
Metro Ford vs PCOV - This one won't be close
Surrey Utd vs Sapperton - That always dangerous "sandwich" game for Sapp. Must avoid the early game coffee gitters and break out early, go down to 10 men, and win it late.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This link on youtube reminded me of PCOV last night against MFFM, when they made it 2-1 with only 3 minutes left. I won't give it away until you watch it but you can take a geuss as to which team MFFM where last night!:D

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=XywVAH9EEgU&feature=related]YouTube - Croatie vs Turquie 1-1[/ame]

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB....nice of you to post you predictions "AFTER" two of the games have been played...and the quote...MFF vs PCOV "won't be close".....give your head a shake! See ya Friday night.....

Cheers!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK....come on...let's hear it...does Columbus owe you points?

It was another fantastic night for a match on Friday. Starting to like these night games...
Columbus are a solid team with many skilfull and talented players...this includes their new addition, GG, former Inter player btw.
We thought we came out strong and put one in early to start things positively. Sure enough Columbus would wake up and tied it prior to halftime. However, we replied in the second with about twenty or so to go. Their goalie kept them in the game as we had a number of chances only to be denied by some great saves.
Columbus replied again off a strong cross I believe from Hose who also performed well on the night...nice wheels too!! Wow what a goal by their new addition!
Not to be outdone we put another in on this offensive showcase with only four or five to go...thought we had sealed the deal yet after some brutal giveaways, KC finished off a nice cross to tie with a couple of ticks left...
Quite typical to tie yet again...we've only lost about six points to stay in the relegation zone.
Always nice to get a good quality game in. Good luck to the teams on Sunday as we rest our aching bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0