Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL MASTERS 2008/09] September Results, Predictions, and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dickens, yes indeed. We spotted them 2 in the first 15, due to...go figure...Cliff wanting it more, and several no shows.

Some players on the West Van Masters team lack character, and it is costing the team as a result. Plus, all the goaltenders did not attend the game, so that is a challenge when the captain (an outfield player) had to play in goal.

It is the manager's job to fix this problem, according to staff.

Sir M. :mad:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 1 - 0 Westside....more to some when we actually leave the park.

JP

Not much to write here. It is hard to do much more than tie if you don't shoot on net. I think we had 1 shot the whole game. Richmond were hungrier, hit a couple of posts, Merks made a nice save, but we gave up a shitty one from the back on their goal. They deserved the win.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess Regs had the clubhouse open again this weekend...no report yet. He must be having too much fun!@

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 1 - 0 Westside

Freddy hit the nail on the head.......we wanted this game more........evident that @ 9:30 we had 18 guys out dressed and running across the field while Westside had one loan soldier putting up both nets solo:confused:

We came out well and should have been up at least a goal in the firist half only to miss some quality chances but we never game them a sniff.

The second half was more of the same until Merkle and the back four turned the ball over and Tor slotted home the eventual winner with still 30 minutes remaining.

Smally and Dancin Bear could never get the there engines going today........actually no one could with the job the man in the middle played in today's match. He gave out at least 6 yappin yellows and mysteriously was calling fouls on players that neither team could understand :confused: He was just awful............but at least consitently awful.

Side note.........what a fcukin brilliant morning to be playing soccer! Just a fabulous day and really if you didn't want to play and play well today, well you shouldn't be playing at all. I am sure it is about to rain consistently any day now until February but for today at least.........it doesnt' get any better than that!

Cheers,

JP

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Side note.........what a fcukin brilliant morning to be playing soccer! Just a fabulous day and really if you didn't want to play and play well today, well you shouldn't be playing at all. I am sure it is about to rain consistently any day now until February but for today at least.........it doesnt' get any better than that!"

too true .... where's my umbrella

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside vs Richmond Utd -A WS letdown after that monsterous tie last week.
Cliff Ave vsWest Van FC - It'll take another week before WV finds their groove
Columbus vs Inter - Tie:rolleyes:
Metro Ford vs PCOV - This one won't be close
Surrey Utd vs Sapperton - That always dangerous "sandwich" game for Sapp. Must avoid the early game coffee gitters and break out early, go down to 10 men, and win it late.

5 for 5, well 3 for 3.
Do I win something?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - SU 1

Couple of observations:
1. I rag on the refs all the time, so finally we had a good ref in the middle, and kudos to him. Cap Sham played the game and knew what to look for. He made one off-the-ball call that most refs would never see. What the hell is he doing reffing us? He should be reffing the open prem. Even Kent, "Mister by the book soccer rule knowledge guy", didn't yap once - that's a miracle.

2. Regs and a couple other players are the only guys SU have that either are in shape or actually care. Down 3-0, while most others just watched, he was busting his ass. It had to be frustrating.

We were on today and everything went our way. If we played like that every game, no one would owe us points. But that level of play will be hard to maintain.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 1 - 0 Westside

Freddy hit the nail on the head.......we wanted this game more.......

JP

Like I wrote, Westside's game-of-the-season was last week. That big tie had them partying until late last night. So you knew there would be a huge letdown this week. They'll now re-group and get back to there winning ways.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess I'm joining you two on the survivor pool sidelines....Freddy....one guy at 9:30am putting up the nets?? How come that never happens when we play you?

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe Capt. would not pick RCIU, i thought with dirty daddy3 and kippax both playing, it was an easy pic :)

I didn't realise they would actually be playing at the same time. I thought Brinks could only insure one of them per game when bringing them to the match. :confused: Oh well, I'll know next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0