Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL MASTERS 2008/09] September Results, Predictions, and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, I will get this started (Regs this strikes me, can we do some sort of token related contest on this, kind of like Premiership Predictor?). In any event, refocusing, after speaking to staff about week one, which is usually a bit of a lottery, the following are Sir M's predictions for this week:

Sunday AM, Cliff Ave vs. Columbus.
Sunday AM, Inter vs. Sapperton.
Friday eve, West Van vs. Surrey Utd. Draw.
Friday eve, Richmond United Club Ireland vs. VancouverFirefighters MetroFord (sorry ran out of space there). Draw.
Friday eve, PCOV vs Westside. Draw.

Sir M

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters' preseason 2008-2009

I've already got a suicide pool in place for VMSL Masters, watch for an announcement later today or tomorrow. Rough set-up is here:

VMSL Masters Suicide Pool

Rules and such will be added for those not familiar with suicide pools (dead simple, pick one team per week to NOT lose, can only use a team once during the pool competition, if your team ties that is considered a win, if your team gets game postponed that is considered a win).

Last man standing wins a TTP Hoodie.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I clicked on that link, but it won't let me put in my TTP username...? I type it in, but it ignores it...

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I clicked on that link, but it won't let me put in my TTP username...? I type it in, but it ignores it...

Sort of like Mrs. Sir M does on a Saturday morning after a Friday night game.......

JAGS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 1
WV 0

A draw would have been a fair result but we'll take the 3 points.

Only goal was on a floater/cross that I'm sure Planks would like back.

Jinky was very dangerous for them and we cleared 2 off the line, unfortunately the ref made an unbelievable call on one of them to award a PK. Clear off our defenders head and he says he stuck out his arm - I still cannot believe he said to me he saw it as clear as day :mad: Of course I said he was wrong somewhere in the tirade/hissy fit I threw at him :rolleyes:

So we get a red (hand ball) but Jonesy makes the save on the PK and we hold on for the last 5 minutes or so.

We received something like 6 cards to their none in a game that didn't have any nastiness to it whatsoever. When questioned on this, the ref apparently said that it was a case that we just wanted the game more.

WTF?

Anyways... I'm safe in the suicide pool :D

Anyone know the scores in the other 2 games tonight?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU Athletics 1 MF Firefighters 0

I'll let the lads recap but MF had a guy sent off in the second half but both teams put a good shift in in the parking lot right after the game. :)

Nice win for the lads.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great shift I must say but RCIU still won the cooler battle as it was 3-0 at the very bitter end.

Lets not be too harsh...... At 1pm there was still 10 guys at the cooler and they all had too drive home too Coquitlam area........... easy 1 dart.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,
You got that right. I wish I had an excuse, but I don't. A 40 yard looper is a tough pill to swallow. Well at least I got out early in the season. I thought we had most of the play throughout the game except for the first 20 mins. It was an entertaining game at that. Unfortunately we came out on the wrong side. Strong showing by our boys unlike, past season openers. Ref sucked as usual. Some very suspect calls.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets not be too harsh...... At 1pm there was still 10 guys at the cooler and they all had too drive home too Coquitlam area........... easy 1 dart.

Coquitlam guys definitely put in a good shift.......as they had music going too. Well done Leitchy.......:)

As for 1 PM, did your game start at 9:00 AM, Deucy? I must have been there at the wrong time............:D In fact, it must have all been a dream........:p

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 4 Westside 1

Should have been 5 - 0, JC scored in the last minute of the game. Was PCOV that good or westside that bad? Anyways, PCOV outplayed and outclassed Westside, still it was only the first game of the season on to the beer bowl next week where it should be a good measuring stick for our squad.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dickens, you will like this one. I just got off the phone with JAGS who told me this story as I was in Whistler. The SU goal, and Regs' description of the brutal PK call by the same guy that called back Denis' perfectly good goal to hve us knocked out of the BCs a couple of years back and then came up to me and apologized, saying he was out of his league reffing a that level. Anyway, with Davey, JAGS, and everyone else on the WV side calling for Jinky (arguably one of the best set piece guys in BC) to take it and with him standing by the spot, another WV player grabs the ball and hits it on the ground at Jonesy :confused:. 1-0 SU. Oh, well...

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside came out on fire for the first 10 minutes.... After that they seemed to lose their legs early.. The portuguese than picked it up and took the game from there. Acouple great goals early from batista... Second half seemed to start off like the first half. Westside came out and than seemed to lose their legs.... Great start for the portugese and some good signs from the Westside group. Great coaching from the portuguese coach as he has gotten his boys off to a good start... Rumour has it he came on late in the game and was a minus 1....

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU 1 MFFF 0

MFFF were probably not happy with some of the calls .. but he did the same both ways - we kept our Mouths Shut after we were warned
MFFF were rather unfortunate on not scoring a few times ..
solid ,skilled , big team to say the least ... our effort i would have to say cannot be questioned
... Lets say both teams deserved the 3 pts .... pass the Advil

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both teams deserved the 3 points...I'll agree. The ref...............does anyone ever rate these guys?? Maybe they could get paid on their performance......thus...I believe our Mr.Referee got overpaid. He didn't affect the outcome (our own fault on that part) but he did try to ruin a good game.....See you Friday Sir M...watch for the "real" bears in the woods.

Cheers!

poggieandproud

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Scotty,
looks like the same old as the past 2 years. Ref was shite but I would say he is just keeping up with the 45 and older crowd that he is reffing on 1 team. GET THE HINT . Time for you and 10 others to move UP to 40's and come to the conclusion all your days are done!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0