Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK:
My predictions(Scottyshell are you listening?):
ICSF Inter/Cracovia FC(MOT)??

Columbus FC over Lobbans

Vancouver Firefighters over PCOV

WFC Westside over SFU

West Van FC over Sapperton

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Her over Crackatuba

The Bus over Slobbins

Kitchen Firefighters/Old Pork Chops - Tie

Westslipandslide/SnaFU - Tie

West Van FC over Snappleton ;)

JAGS :D

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
In an attempt to get more Div. 1 chatter going here's our fixtures for the w/end. :wa:

Lusitanos vs Westside Bulldogs
PAOK vs Richmond United
Metro-Ford Celtic vs Wickham FC
Canterbury vs SFU United
Cliff Avenue Utd. vs Covercrete

My picks:
Bulldogs : :bronco:
Richmond Utd.
Metro-Ford Celtic
SFU
Covercrete

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

Always so supportive of WVFC. :D :confused: :D Since you have become our #1 fan, might you wish to attend our Christmas Party? We try to hold it as close to the Westside of Vancouver as possible. I'm sure you would have your #1 foam WVFC finger and authentic game worn dicken_cider jersey out in full force if you attended.

inter, Columbus, PCOV, Westside and Sapperton, at home.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wishful thinking Jags, and a memory from last year playing them around this time at that park—besides it's not like WV neeed a lot of suppport what with Mrs. Besty and all...

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

With your betting prowess, can you let me know who is going to win the Grey Cup on Sunday. Knowing that you bet with your heart and not your wallet, I will be keen to drop $20 on the opposite team that you select.

JAGS

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS:

Sapp Park is going to be interesting especially with the recent weather. BTW, take the side closest to the ball diamond in the first half. Score a few goals and then play defensive. That field is not even close to being level. When we played there last year, a number of our guys picked up some needles,etc. on the field. Too bad they don't use Queen's Park Stadium like PCOV. Als by a touchdown.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp Park is going to be interesting especially with the recent weather. BTW, take the side closest to the ball diamond in the first half. Score a few goals and then play defensive. That field is not even close to being level.

SCK,

Thanks for the helpful advice. Have not played at Sapp since the days when Aunt Jinky was the Field General for Pocomo. The field at that time was cowpasturish (I love new words) and trust after a few more years, it is even worse. Is the Fireside pub down the street still in business?? Hopefully they will have their classic Labbatts Blue Grey Cup pitchers of beer on for $4.00. Maybe we will have an Aunt Jinky sighting on Sunday at our game. If so, pints are on dickens and myself for our favorite Tom Jones impersonator. :D :D

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure about the pub. Although, if it is open, enjoy the sightseeing on the way there. I always get a kick out of who you see in the "neighborhood" before the game. I know they must have quite the parties on Friday nights. One of our players is on the force. Let's just say, it is an active area. Good luck in the match. Their keeper lets them hang in there..

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 1 v. PCOV 1

Peter - 0
JAGS - 1

Peter, good to see the continuation of you poor prognostication skills. Let's hope you go for the clean sheet on the whole weekend fixtures.

Sir M and myself made the venture out to the cold, wet and windy confines of Mercer Stad in New West. Beer in hand, which was poor planning on our part, as we should have taken a dispenser of the ever famous Parkie Hot Rummers. (Not to be confused with the not so famous Remmir of the North Shore Coaches League).

Good first half, which went back and forth and a fair scoreline at the half, being 0-0. The second half started much the same as the first half, in that Sir M opened a beer, as did I. :D Once again, back and forth with Firemen opening up the scoring on a couple PCOV errors by their left back and then their Louis Saha lookalike. Cross from the flank, which was flicked towards the goal and went across the line, just inside the post past SCP. PCOV did not give up and scored the equalizer with about 5 min. left. A cross into the 6 yard box, that Professional Ticker Broker Steven Sicoli should have come off his line to gather, but he was busy trying to sell a pair of 55 yard line Grey Cup tickets to the PCOV left midfielder. Deal fell through for the Firefirghter Goalie/Ticket Scalper and the ball was in the net. Couple minutes left and there was an incident of 'handbags at 5 paces' between a couple players. Friday night dancing partners then paired up and Mauricio tossed one from each team and called the game a couple minutes early. Not a bad game and ties for everyone else is a good thing for WVFC. Post match pints for JAGS and Sir M to Mugs n Jugs, Chicago Tonights, Kits New West, Diegos on Kingsway and then home at a decent hour. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JAGS

Peter, I am still waiting for your Grey Cup pick. :D :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags it wasn't Diego's, it was Severins, after a stop at the Wagon wheel on Edmonds. And don't forget stopping at Goofy's, let in the side door by Jim Beam...and then up to Whispers for last call (a double Dirty Mother, of course) to catch Darby Mills belting out "Don't it make you feel like dancin')...

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags,
That's quite considering last weekend your were no where to be found until a "cry for help" text came to Dickens. Apparently, We missed you. I would not know because I don't recall anything after Seymour's.
Planks

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell: How can you blame me for not being able to predict your games. I guess I should just say ties to all of them. Unbelievable that the Firemen have so many ties. On the other hand, I think PCOV are starting to come around. We've got three games to go after tomorrow. I hope Hastings is in good shape. Although, anything is better than Strathcona, Sapperton, or even Central Park. Good luck to all in the a.m. Yes, you too Sir M. Don't forget your pre Grey Cup beverage??

SCK

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 Cracovia 0

It was an interesting game at Hastings Bowl earlier today. We had a very inexperienced referee who was really out of her league. Many missed calls and cards and it could have been a very chippy game, but Inter took control of the match right from the opening whistle. Their keeper continued to stymy our frontrunners although yours truly made him look real good on a few spotters. We ended up scoring on a PK after a tackle from behind which was not needed. LG slotted it in for a 1-0 lead at the half. In the second, they were tired and we had numerous runs and crosses only to miss quality chances. Our defenders had a few challenges but they had few chances in the entire second half. Yours truly got one at the end which kept our players quiet only for a little while though. Not a great game but three points none the less. On to the turf next Sunday at Burnaby at 9:00. Look forward to catching your game reports, Peter and Sir M.
SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, SCK, et al: Oh my GOD. :eek: I thought you guys were totally exaggerating. We arrive at Sapp park and it is snowing like hell, and there is a big swath of mud up the entire center of the narrow, slanted pitch, and the southwest corner is 6 " underwater, as is both goal mouths. Of course we are informed by Sapp that the game will be played. We go to kick off and are informed that our $160 Nike magic game ball we offered up was being replaced by a rock hard $19 Canadian tire Special:confused: (why play soccer, right)? Very difficult conditions, but we scored in the 1st 5 (Besty on the set piece after Randy C. was denied by a special save). They came back on a mucker goal, we missed a PK and about 10 other bad hop chances. Spada finally got the winner in a game which I thought was the dirtiest in recent memory. A few choice quotes to end the day:

Sapp goalie to Bro after Bro challenged him for the ball and was knocked down,the goaltender pointing his finger an inch from the prone striker's nose, spitting: "Do that again and I will kill you". Nice.

Sapp midfielder to Besty: "@$@sucker mother%$%#%
". Besty (never at a loss for words): "Go back to prison mate."

Sapp defender or coach? to the ref after the game, shaking hands..." Nice game C#$ksuker...(Nice). Ref's response..."fcuk you, fcuk you I will report you, get off the field."

QOTD: Coach of the year: "How many people could go from standing at the Chevron on the corner of Vernon and Hastings eating a burrito at 6 AM to scoring the winner a couple hours later?"

Glad thats over.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M: Yep, that would be Sapperton. Both the field and the players. They don't have much respect for others. We saw that two years ago in the B.C. semis. Their goalie and maybe one or two players carry their team. It doesn't help playing on that uphill field. Why they don't get another field is beyond me. Our league has some great fields, but it is inexcusable to have to play there or Strathcona... Glad you guys made it through all that. Sounds like you had an interesting ref as well. Ours had no business refereeing our game. For example, an obvious and flagrant foul would be called two minutes later. Unacceptable. Hope the post game drinks were at least good...

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1-1 SFU

We went up 1-0 within 5 minutes and then let their big guy turn on one at the top of the 18 that he made no mistake on. The rest of the game was a rerun of a lot of other games where we had glorious unconverted opportunities...and some not so glorious. Another day another point.

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results from Div. 1, from a snowy. rainy, Sunday:

Lusitanos vs Westside Bulldogs 1-3
PAOK vs Richmond United 0-1
Metro-Ford Celtic vs. Wickham FC 2-3
Canterbury vs SFU United 3-5
Cliff Avenue Utd. vs. Covercrete 1-2

Not bad, 4 out of 5,

To be honest we got lucky against Lusitanos. They took the lead early, but we fought back to draw level. They missed a PK, and hit the post in the 1st. half. We managed to end the half 2-1 ahead. They spent a lot of time in our half during the 2nd session, and it looked like they were ready to set up camp there. 2 crossbars, another post, and some wild shooting. Kisses from Lady Luck, was the only thing that preserved our lead. Late in the 2nd. got the sealing goal. Maybe playing a Portoguese team under conditions may have helped as well.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
deenav69....the luso guys were more interested in drinking than playing yesterday morning especially when they saw the white stuff falling...most of them came to our club after their game before heading off to a AA meeting...

scp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0