Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2 Results & Banter, October 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain Heights 5 MacDonald Realty 1

Vinnie with the own goal to break the shutout! Seeing as he is the coach I will take the high road and just say it was a well intentioned attempt at clearing the ball out from the front of our net. We should have had a few more but must have hit about eight crossbars. The parks board has still not looked into my complaint about oversized posts/bars. Our goalie (not CK, who was playing stopper) got a little bored and started making runs with the ball to center. He took a few free kicks from far upfield too. It was pretty funny as the Realtors' pressed to get the ball down the pitch and into the open net as Kenny is speed-walking back, only to lump the final shot out for a throw-in. The Realtors are a good bunch of guys, just a little short of touch. Thanks to Stilopolous (sp?) for setting me up for the final goal. I was not looking forward to the barracking afterwards had I not scored after shitting the bed many times.

On a side note, the ref was not terrible but was on a power trip. What's with handing out yellows, to both teams, for swearing after a mistake? For fcuks sake, a person's natural reaction is to say "shite!" after an error. He even went so far as to say he'd call the game if it didn't stop. What the fcuk are you talking about, numbnuts!? Call the game!? Unreal (incredibly, I took a yellow for saying the word unreal...to myself, in disbelief). Last weeks ref, tallish, thin fellow named Bob was quite good. The league needs more refs like that, not primary school hall-monitors with an inferiority complex.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter, Oct. '04

SmartCoach said:
Well done Socceroos. We see that you've beaten the only team in the league which is older, slower, and fatter than yourselves.

Have fun losing to Club I. next weekend. Keep dreaming of getting a chance to play Kosova (your only other possible win this season).

Socceroos 3 Club Ireland 3
The Roos played without a Goalie and scored a goal for Club Ireland.
Does that mean Club Ireland is as fat,slow,old and badly coached?
You are going nowhere this year.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Socceroos said:

I imagine this score is a result of Club Ireland's players going away for the long weekend. They probably only played with 8 men. Obviously your defence sucks if you scored a goal on yourselves, but we'll see next week when the floodgates open and 6 goals are scored next weekend.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Socceroos said:

I was not at the game as I had my own, but to say we're fat slow and old is a joke. What game were you watching. More importantly how badly coached are you lot when you can't field a proper keeper, and score goals for the opposition.

BTW, please enlighten me as to where your squad is going this season? Top of the league I imagine. No wait I know, your going on an amazing run in the Div 2 Cup, humping every team along the way right? Now that sounds more like the powerhouse Elephant Walk Socceroos we've all come to know. Putz.

Your going nowhere this year :rolleyes:

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto,

I agree with your comments, wholeheartedly. My team (YFC) has had had an incompetent and/or domineering ref for each game so far...until Saturday, when we had a no nonsense (I think German) ref who ran the match with expected teutonic effiency. (As I was walking my dog yesterday, I saw him ref another match at David Lam: competently). As for the tallish, thin ref a previous poster mentioned, we had him last week, and he was tits-on-a-bull useless. Condescending, with that fcuking schoolmaster David Elleray attitude. It's nice to be, as an adult, treated like a bedwetter at summer camp. I felt as if he tried to favour the losing team (heavily), with the hopes of keeping it interesting. I was hoping that a strong wind would blow him into False Creek, but no such luck.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess Dap if I was in net maybe they could have scored a few more I mean Dial said so. Anyways McDonald's are a hard working team that don't give up and are fun to play against. Their main problem is their goalie is very slow and can't get to balls he should get 2. We missed a lot of sitters and they actually did score another goal in the first half but the guy that put the rebound in was offside. Dap I think it was Snuffleupagus (sp?) that set you up. Good try on the name but it is Spiliotopoulos, shite it's even one letter longer than Snuffleupagus. Now that the monkey is off your back can we get a few more goals or else you'll be seeing me beside you on corners and freekicks more often.

P.S. Vinnie way to pop one in where momma hides the cookies...awesome finish!!!

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with the boys it was a lackluster effort against the Mcdonalds crew, but how do you get motivated when you have to only for 15 mins in the whole game. While your goalie decides to run all over the field and take free kicks and run back to his net from the their 35. But they are a bunch of nice guys. As usual our coach, Vinnie decided he need to score a goal, so he decided to shoot against us, and it took Dap 80 mins to finally get a shot on net, which he scored. Any shot on net either hit the post or went it, feel for the Reality, that had one decent player I think he was thier Captain on the the backline. I still can't belive I got a card for telling my own player it was a shite play. Well next week should be much more intense game against the Ravens.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Signmaster 1 JimBeam Turkey-Egg,

In a tightly contested game that came down to finish, Signmaster prevailed in a hard fought(not always well played) battle in Yaletown. JimBeam had the majority of play early and were unlucky not to be up a couple after some hard work been done down the wings. Signmaster pulled up their socks and had a few chances of their own towards the end of half. In the first 10 minutes of the opening half some missed marks and poor clearance resulted in what turned out to be the game winning goal that looped over the keeper into the far corner. Shortly thereafter, yours truly had a breakaway but failed to convert it after hitting the ball a tad to far ahead. We also had a crossbar late in the game but came out short against Signmasters speedy defense. In a game where we should have been prepared to play our best soccer, we looked disorganized far too many times.

In terms of the standings, this was a decisive game but the consolation is that the season is 18 games long. Game number 2 between the 2 teams should be quite a tilt as the build-up of a rivarly between these two squads is well underway.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok....ok....OKAY!!! already...enough of the piss-taking.

Ironically, I tweeked my back when so graciously potting in thier only goal.
But, in my defense I did save a goal about 10 minutes earlier.
I'm going to kill that F*%@*in dog, which belongs to our keeper, one of these days. Stupid thing never stops barking.
As for our play, as I stated at the pitch "Good enough for today, no where close to good enough for next week".

It's good to see that Dap finally got the Mickster curse off his back.

Tough game next week against the Ravens.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SmartCoach said:
They probably only played with 8 men. Obviously your defence sucks if you scored a goal on yourselves, but we'll see next week when the floodgates open and 6 goals are scored next weekend.
Just a quick correction here. We only had 8 players available against Club Ireland. Most of our guys will be back for the next game including our Goalie,so we will see if the floodgates are going to help sad sack Westside Rangers ,Rinos ,Buffalos, Gaylords.......shite,who are we playing again?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Socceroos said:
Just a quick correction here. We only had 8 players available against Club Ireland. Most of our guys will be back for the next game including our Goalie,so we will see if the floodgates are going to help sad sack Westside Rangers ,Rinos ,Buffalos, Gaylords.......shite,who are we playing again?

There's obviously something wrong with you if you think you can beat any Westside team. You wouldn't even have a chance against the Westside Bulldogs who play in the Over-35 League. As for our girls' teams you might be lucky to get a tie seeing as they won the provincial championship last year. We do have a Women's Over-35 team who might move at the same pace as you lot.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SmartCoach said:
There's obviously something wrong with you if you think you can beat any Westside team. You wouldn't even have a chance against the Westside Bulldogs who play in the Over-35 League.

I bet my Dad can beat up your Dad though.

If the VMSL was a prison your entire team would be my wife.See you next week.

amazing_hands

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to help Socceroos out, here is the standings. You may want to pick up a few wins before running your mouth anymore :D

GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Richmond United "B" 5 4 1 0 12 3 13
2 Westside Rino "C" 5 4 0 1 9 5 12
3 WFC Rangers "B" 5 3 1 1 9 3 10
4 Surrey United "C" 5 3 1 1 8 5 10
5 Sikh Temple "B" 4 3 0 1 9 3 9
6 Socceroos 4 1 1 2 8 8 4

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
amazing_hands said:
Just to help Socceroos out, here is the standings. You may want to pick up a few wins before running your mouth anymore :D

GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Richmond United "B" 5 4 1 0 12 3 13
2 Westside Rino "C" 5 4 0 1 9 5 12
3 WFC Rangers "B" 5 3 1 1 9 3 10
4 Surrey United "C" 5 3 1 1 8 5 10
5 Sikh Temple "B" 4 3 0 1 9 3 9
6 Socceroos 4 1 1 2 8 8 4

Thank you for that. Even though we have one game in hand we are right there. Club Ireland seems to be missing though. Has anyone seen Club Ireland anywhere???

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple vs Croatia

Sikh Temple ""B" got past Croatia Classic 4-0 out at Hastings Bowl yesterday.

We scored our first goal very early in the game, when the Classic defender mistimed an unlucky bounce allowing Hard Ballz to have a clear path to the net. Hard Ballz scored another before the end of the half to put us up 2-0. Two more goals in the second half sealed the deal.

Classic did have a few good chances, putting the ball over the net in close once or twice, but I think the first goal really sunk them. The score would have been closer if Classic had finished on there chances.

Overall, a very clean game with no chirping (as commented by the ref).

On a side note, thanks to Croatia for agreeing to move the game to Monday, as some of our players had to attend a funeral. Classy move by a classy team. Though I am sure after the Saturday night Octoberfest, they probably would not have been in any shape to play Sunday anways. ;)

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's good to see that Dap finally got the Mickster curse off his back.

Vinnie, if only I had a team like CH to play every week then maybe there wouldn't be a curse :D Glad to hear you're back from the dead and burying your chances!! Dap scoring on and off the field....geez this new chickie sure has sorted his sorry ass out :D

Disappointing result for us as Bones mentioned. Too many missed chances and some slow defending..... yes me, allowed Sign to take the points. They worked hard and beat us to most of the loose balls but with finishing the result could have been different. Looking forward to the rematch.

Taj, whats up with RFC. 2 losses in a row..... and the latest to WV... please tell me thats a misprint :confused: After the game you played against us I figured you guys would be in a promotion battle again for sure.

As far as reffing, we're 5 games in and haven't seen a bad ref yet. Guess we've been on the lucky end of things in that department. No Paul Wards yet (cause we're lowly div 2) but decent quality refs.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Gurps,

Even though I was not at the game I heard you guys played good and capitalized on your chances. I am still nursing some injuries from our game against socceroos. I look forward to playing between the pipes next time we play you.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
this coming weekend predictions 2c

This is a pivotal week in 2C for sure as the top 6 teams play against eachother. And with only six points serperating the top six, each team will be looking to get the maximum points. In my biased opinion, I'd like to see them all tie, and have us(cham) beat the ravens...so i'll cross my fingers.

anyways:

Yaletown - elephant
Belmont - Burnaby
Alemania - Shaheen
Champlain - Ravens :rolleyes:
C-men - Realtors

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
Thank you for that. Even though we have one game in hand we are right there.
Make sure you win that game in hand: you'll still be in 6th place. :D

Stay in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0