Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 1 vs 4 Aryana: Wow. Even in the dark days of last year where we were lining up with 9-10 guys for games, I never felt like this. Norvan deservedly up 1 goal midway through the half on a cross and header. We then narrowly miss the 2nd goal on a couple of ocasions. A defensive error gives Aryana a tying goal before half. Having being left in the lurch for keeping duties, we were using a newly signed player who said that he had played goal and was more or less eager. The amount of experience was exposed early in the second half as a shot from a bad angle was not collected. Down by a goal we then started playing terrible soccer for about 10minutes. More importantly a coaching decision to leave the keeper in would sink the game for us. 2 similar goals were given up on partial breakaways. Up 4-1, Aryana circled the wagons and their goalie made some nice saves to keep the scoreline where it was. Aryana have a couple of highly offensive skilled players but still have enough defensive holes to drive a truck through. We had a cross bar a post a volley over the cross bar from 6yards and a lot of opportunities squanderd. We have given up at least 4points this year uncessarily. Hopefully, the lessons are learned.

Who is that damned Norvan coach anyway... :rolleyes: (Doh!!)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 1 vs 4 Aryana: Wow. Even in the dark days of last year where we were lining up with 9-10 guys for games, I never felt like this. Norvan deservedly up 1 goal midway through the half on a cross and header. We then narrowly miss the 2nd goal on a couple of ocasions. A defensive error gives Aryana a tying goal before half. Having being left in the lurch for keeping duties, we were using a newly signed player who said that he had played goal and was more or less eager. The amount of experience was exposed early in the second half as a shot from a bad angle was not collected. Down by a goal we then started playing terrible soccer for about 10minutes. More importantly a coaching decision to leave the keeper in would sink the game for us. 2 similar goals were given up on partial breakaways. Up 4-1, Aryana circled the wagons and their goalie made some nice saves to keep the scoreline where it was. Aryana have a couple of highly offensive skilled players but still have enough defensive holes to drive a truck through. We had a cross bar a post a volley over the cross bar from 6yards and a lot of opportunities squanderd. We have given up at least 4points this year uncessarily. Hopefully, the lessons are learned.

Who is that damned Norvan coach anyway... :rolleyes: (Doh!!)

FFS, how many teams is Millar coaching in the club?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice P.T Captain...Does Millar prowl these boards?

I think he is primarily coaching the Premier side.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher is pissed off. Team is winnig big and he can not play.Go figure it out.Who is next on the kill list.Cloe's were no match. Div three would be a good place for them.
Not fit at all. They will have to work dam hard to get there. Watcheris getting bigger every year. Preacher is still doping his thing.And coach is getting crediot for development that he never did. It is all fun in div three. Atleast you have good refs. In youth they let in few offside goals just to make it fun. Forget ball kicking walk in it is all good.We tuns of seniors that could do wanderfull job as AR's and it woud bring people out more. Insted they send kids that do not care and do not know the game.
They call it youth movment I call it distruction to youth soccer. So you boys in div two thank your refs each game they are ok.Game recording is more fun than teaching. At least you can slow it down and replay to see the details. Agly guys. Good on U Nk for hard work.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB do not know what is that you are trying to say. I head one tomany when i posted that last post. It will get better as i get in shape. Watcher is trying hard to go bigger but Mr base only took loyal guys this time. And might take back thee that were wit him before.Try to use femails to do his dirty work. No more nice guy. We have to watch the water and snacks. When we play out east. Drove past watcher knight time out. Dam it 10th and Mar Drive have lots of scuncks doing their thing. Could not wate to get out of that area. Bought a new truck and god darn it still stinks.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish: Not going to play in goal again?:D

Somebody must have cheesed off the coach at NK's last practice - they were running at least 4 extra laps after scrimmage...:rolleyes::D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good burger is always good. Just do not go with Watcher to McDonalds or you will not be playing fore sure.
Take out is an afull thing. You must be alert and well protected before you go. He loves to eat and drink beer and hates to pay.Five in ten out.Quick pick.Side lines are very dangoures if pockets are not well zipped.
Best of luck to the boys on weekend. Tenty five guys it is going to be infighting soon if player do not get playing time.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown FC 0:2 Sikh Temple

For the most part, a pretty lacklustre game dominated by the ref's whistle, even though it was a clean game. No really superb chances by either side for the majority of the game. Sikh temple got the opener 80 minutes in with a crossing attempt that just seemed to have eyes and snuck in barely under the bar. I still don't quite know how it got in. After that YFC got a little bit scrambled, and had our sweeper sent off on a bit of a harsh straight red for an awkward tackle. After that and with YFC trying to press for an equalizer, ST got a clean break on goal and made the most of it for 2-0. Personally, I didn't think there was much between the two teams involved, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 2 Yaletown 0

We pretty much dominated this game from start to finish, with Yaletown packing the box with 10 men for most of the game and humping the ball out for most of the game. Looked like they were playing for the tie.

On to the Unicorns next week.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 2 Yaletown 0

We pretty much dominated this game from start to finish, with Yaletown packing the box with 10 men for most of the game and humping the ball out for most of the game. Looked like they were playing for the tie.

On to the Unicorns next week.

I hardly think dominated is appropriate here, as you guys had about 2 weak shots on goal all game prior to scoring. We had our fair share of chances on the counter and on set pieces near your goal. Just because your forwards didn't really have a sniff at goal doesn't equate with "packing the box", as all we did was man mark and shut you guys down that way. Face it, you got a lucky goal on a stray cross that put you out front with hardly any time left, and that's the only reason you won that game.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hardly think dominated is appropriate here, as you guys had about 2 weak shots on goal all game prior to scoring. We had our fair share of chances on the counter and on set pieces near your goal. Just because your forwards didn't really have a sniff at goal doesn't equate with "packing the box", as all we did was man mark and shut you guys down that way. Face it, you got a lucky goal on a stray cross that put you out front with hardly any time left, and that's the only reason you won that game.

I guess packing the box with ten guys is considered "good marking."

As for your counter attacks, all your shots were from about 30 yards out, as were all your "set pieces".

We can agree to disagree. At the end of the day, we scored two goals, our defence shut you guys down, we won and you lost.:)

Time to move on....

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess packing the box with ten guys is considered "good marking."

As for your counter attacks, all your shots were from about 30 yards out, as were all your "set pieces".

We can agree to disagree. At the end of the day, we scored two goals, our defence shut you guys down, we won and you lost.:)

Time to move on....

Agreed, you scored twice and us not at all, but it was an even game. Even then, your second goal came with 3 minutes left and we're at 10 men playing a 2-4-3 trying to equalize. Losing 2-0 instead of 1-0 makes no difference. To say you dominated the whole game is a load of horsesh!t.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh 0 Wickham 2

Pretty terrible game. We outchanced them heavily, and carried the majority of the play. They scored on a a free kick from centre that our goalie fumbled and left right behind him for a tap in..and an own goal off a cross (with no one pressuring our player)
They had zero shots on net other than the tap in, they just kept hiumping it forward to a big guy upfront, who would turn at the 40 and try shooting it.

We missed too many chances. Even Rene was laughing at us...Anyway, I REALLY don't think Wickham will go up, and if they do, its a real shame.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown FC 0:2 Sikh Temple

After that YFC got a little bit scrambled, and had our sweeper sent off on a bit of a harsh straight red for an awkward tackle.

You could see that tackle coming from 15 yards away as your sweeper made his run. Be thankful he got a red because he probably wouldn't have been able to walk off the field on his own had he not. Honestly it was a brutal tackle and had the Temple player not turned to try and avoid it, he likely would have ended up with a broken leg.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PG Rangers 2 - GFC 1

We scored early, they got a red late in the 1st half for a retaliatory kick (dumb move by their guy). We scored again early in the 2nd (on a fortunate bounce for us), then just sat back and mailed it in. They scored about 3 minutes from time to make it somewhat interesting as we were essentially down to 10 as well with an injury to our centre back and no subs left.

They actually have a couple of decent players, and play a pretty good ball possession game. But their lack of finishing in the last third of the field is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0