Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suprised to see HNK Vatreni handle a good PCOV team with such ease. Who played for HNK (Rueben) and how did the scoring go? Did PCOV ever threaten?

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher their keeper made 2 back to back saves when it was 1-0, the second of which i dont know how it was stopped. After that we had a penalty claim that wasnt given and they got a penalty (correct call but shitty ours was turned down) right by the half to make it 2-0. That kind of put us with our backs to the wall and not even 5 mins into the 2nd half their winger with an absolute cracker right under the bar sealed it for them. At 3-0 down against that team not many will come back. They will be one of the top three I am guessing but are definately beatable. We will also rebound

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos putting his foot in his mouth? Surely you must be mistaken. :D

With all due respect.
I never come on here making any excuses for the sad, sad performances of the Socceroos. As a team we have been taking a beating for a long time, and we take it in stride and we don't bitch about it.
Compared with the success we enjoy during the summer month with exactly the same team minus a few Summer Roos, our performances in the winter usually suck.
However , today we played the entire game with 9 guys. For about 15 minutes we actually had 10 guys , until the drugs the Referee took before the game, started taking effect on his judgement.

Gorgo Allah, the Referee, actually send one of our guys off for a no contact foul, with the explanation that our # 2 and #15 had a yellow card before. When we confronted him at half time , he said that the Coach was drinking Beer on the sideline ,and that this was the reason, The previous un-booked player was sent off.
The entire 90 minutes of Gorgos refereeing was a "shite Show" I hope that the report I will be sending to the League will actually stop Fukcheads, like him from stealing $60.00 from teams playing in the Metro League.
How can I explain to guys on our team, who work for minimum wage, that this Cnut ins getting almost $40.00 per hour for a horrible,incompetent performance?
Here comes the slag: The Vancouver Stars have 3 good guys on their team.
They all play on the forward line. The Defence is horrible.. and one of their Midfielders needs to stop eating at the Mac Donalds Restaurant were he works. At 170lbs. he is the biggest guy on their team.
I still predict the the Vancouver Stars and The GFC-men Lions will be relegated to Div. 3
:mad:

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the score 5-0. How could the defence have sucked? Did you not get a shot on net or beat their shite d-man one on one?
Switch feet and insert the left one Peter!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all due respect.
I never come on here making any excuses for the sad, sad performances of the Socceroos. As a team we have been taking a beating for a long time, and we take it in stride and we don't bitch about it.
Compared with the success we enjoy during the summer month with exactly the same team minus a few Summer Roos, our performances in the winter usually suck.
However , today we played the entire game with 9 guys. For about 15 minutes we actually had 10 guys , until the drugs the Referee took before the game, started taking effect on his judgement.

Gorgo Allah, the Referee, actually send one of our guys off for a no contact foul, with the explanation that our # 2 and #15 had a yellow card before. When we confronted him at half time , he said that the Coach was drinking Beer on the sideline ,and that this was the reason, The previous un-booked player was sent off.
The entire 90 minutes of Gorgos refereeing was a "shite Show" I hope that the report I will be sending to the League will actually stop Fukcheads, like him from stealing $60.00 from teams playing in the Metro League.
How can I explain to guys on our team, who work for minimum wage, that this Cnut ins getting almost $40.00 per hour for a horrible,incompetent performance?
Here comes the slag: The Vancouver Stars have 3 good guys on their team.
They all play on the forward line. The Defence is horrible.. and one of their Midfielders needs to stop eating at the Mac Donalds Restaurant were he works. At 170lbs. he is the biggest guy on their team.
I still predict the the Vancouver Stars and The GFC-men Lions will be relegated to Div. 3
:mad:

Fire the coach!:rolleyes:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 2 Aryana 0

We controlled the game pretty much start to finish. They must have signed a new goalie, as they guy they had playing net made some amazing saves to keep the scoreline respectable.

Aryana are good group of guys, and have a few players with some good skill, but they don't play as a team, which is what hurts them. They had a couple of good strikes, but most were from well outside the 18 as our defence held strong.

On to to UBC next week.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mamasboy he will only play for a good top tip.HNK Vatreni have a good team no BS. PCOV head no chance in this one. I was surprised to see how well they played. Dennis is not a chobby boy any more. He is in better shape than when he was twenty five. This just a start true test will be November-December games. It all depend how hard you work on your fitness. If guys play indoor fitness falls by thirty percent and it all evens up.As older guys get in shape game outcome starts to change. Watcher is jumping the gun again it might bit him in the but.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PG Rangers 3 - PCOV Europa 2

Kind of a lazy game by both teams. We were up 1-0 at half, stretched it to 2-0, then 3-1 and the ref decided to call a very dubious penalty shot against us, which PCOV converted for 3-2. A last second goal mouth scramble was a bit dicey, but we managed to get the win. Not a particularly strong win, but we'll take it as our first of the season.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave. Cobra 1 - 2 Yaletown FC

It was all YFC in the first half, when we actually managed to convert 2 of our many chances. I wish I could say the same for the second half, but the cobra put on a good fight and got one back off of a set piece in a pretty even second half. Not a pretty win, but it's three points on an away field so we'll take it.

Ref was decent, but he decided that he didn't want to call any of the 4 or 5 defensive hand balls in the cobra penalty area. I mean, if you flail your hands around all over the place and the ball hits them, you shouldn't be penalized right?

On to Sikh Temple next week..... it's always fun to play a team for the first time, I'm looking forward to it.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 3 Norwest 0

After a dissapointing opening to the season with a rough loss to the mythical beasts ('corns) we rebounded with a well deserved win. Not much to report as we could have had a few more in the onion bag today but we'll take the 3 points and get the ship righted. Both teams played well but simply put we were the better team today and won. On to Alemania next week .... cheers , the Rattler

yoyoyo

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van Royals 5 Bosna FC 1

Bosna FC scored first on one hell of a goal from 30 yards out but it was all down hill from there. They never quit though and kept pressing all game long. Full credit to them.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk head no match today. C boys were god afull. Way out of shape and very little skill. Coud have been twenty to zero. Nk will only be tested when they get Sarajevo ,Hnk Vatreni till then it shoud be walk in the park. Five guys that came from Croatia soccer club made a huge move in div two. It is nice to see that there is three good Croatian Clubs in VMSL. Future looks good youth is going to have a place to play in. Only conser is the cult in on of the clubs.

Spickard

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unicorns 2 - Alemania 0

A tough game against a physical KLM side. 0-0 in the first half with a few goal mouth scrambles that we couldn't put away. The Alemania keeper had a great game saving some point blank shots.

We pushed in the second half and limited their chances. The deadlock was broken midway through the second half with a shot from 25 yards that looped over the keeper. It was probably lost in the sun but it was a well taken effort. We managed our second on a defensive error when the ball slipped through for our striker to run through and convert the chance.

denosana

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised to see NK boy's being so quite considering that they hade 2 huge wins. Are you guys instructed to keep quiet or what?? In past they would have hundreds of comments have the train is rolling all over teams and this is the year. As much as i do not want to admit, I'm starting to miss it.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suffer baby suffer!!!!!

However, if we are so fortunate as to better you guys on Sunday, then the watcher will treat you to a poem. choo choo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0