Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Starter said:
Can anyone tell me what happened tp PCOV team they used to be a good org., they seem to have sucked the last couple years.

all I know is when they came down last year they lost a number of players. I knew their keeper fairly well and talked with him quite often. They had a bit of a family feud last year (during games) and all I know is this year their keeper went back to Premier as a back up because of the feuding and disorganization of the team. No team game plan or at least guys woudl not stick to it for 90 minutes and next thing you had 10 individual Ronaldo's running around.:bronco:

THey also have a very strong O35 squad(s) so I will assume some have moved on to pasture like myself.

Restricted

Jul 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it PCOV got acouple of new coaches !! One who came off the plane from portugal and the other who came from edmonton! Nice guys but no ABSOLUTELY nothing about soccer! But super nice guys!! So what the sayin goes ( Your only as good as ur coaches ) lol.. Cheers... We play them in a few weeks and its gonna be nice handing them another loss!! Cheers! :knvb:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Restricted said:
Rumour has it PCOV got acouple of new coaches !! One who came off the plane from portugal and the other who came from edmonton! Nice guys but no ABSOLUTELY nothing about soccer! But super nice guys!! So what the sayin goes ( Your only as good as ur coaches ) lol.. Cheers... We play them in a few weeks and its gonna be nice handing them another loss!! Cheers! :knvb:

What's with all the !!!'s? That's a little creepy...like clowns.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
What's with all the !!!'s? That's a little creepy...like clowns.

I hate clowns.....so I guess if !!!! are like clowns then I hate !!!!!!!! too. See those tricky IQ problem solving questions are really helpful in real life.

legendkiller

Oct 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys,

I guess the scores showing how the mighty Richmond FC is yet again victorious may not have been a surprise (not!!). Well boys, as TS had stated in great detail the mighty D of the Richmond FC played a great game. I must admit that the D was awsome, but I would not take it as far as TS!! But the game was ugly, but it was a great result for the boys.

As you may have read from above posts' the team is only as good as it's coaching. And I must tell you that the Richmond FC has got the coach of the year!! Maybe I might be a little biased!! Well good luck to the other squads, but the RFC is on it's way to the top, and I must admit that the air up here smells great!!

Well, to the boys from the West sy-ide!! I have the transfer papers for you rattle snake and maybe we will take Wheels!! We might even take the other richmond-ite, but you know that he has to tell me how tough he is!!!

Good luck boys,

Peace Biach!!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
C-men 0 Norvan 4 Three red cards for us including one for yours truly.
The cards did indeed start flowing and had we followed 5th back and co, we would have had some reds as well. As it was the 4 yellows we took might factor in later in the season. If I have said it once, I have said it a million times, as soon as you start talking to the ref, no matter how good your intentions are, you are doing a disfavor to yourself and most importantly, your team;And, as was the case on Sunday, the cards continued after the final whistle(1-2 Reds to the C-men). It was a close-ish match until the 2nd half which preceded a first where, the JB's had the majority of possesion but were unable to make the right decisions in the final third of the park. This was sorted out early in the 2nd as we were able to solve the scoring riddle. The C-Men worked hard throughout. Perhaps it was a letdown at the first couple of goals that set-off some of their players but the ref made some calls and they wern't the worst I have seen and they were consistent in that were going both ways. Anyways, water under a bridge and a lesson learned for some(hopefully). Good Luck the rest of the way and it will be nice to see you on our home turf after a McBride park that was in serious need of a clipping.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
The cards did indeed start flowing and had we followed 5th back and co, we would have had some reds as well. As it was the 4 yellows we took might factor in later in the season. If I have said it once, I have said it a million times, as soon as you start talking to the ref, no matter how good your intentions are, you are doing a disfavor to yourself and most importantly, your team;And, as was the case on Sunday, the cards continued after the final whistle(1-2 Reds to the C-men). It was a close-ish match until the 2nd half which preceded a first where, the JB's had the majority of possesion but were unable to make the right decisions in the final third of the park. This was sorted out early in the 2nd as we were able to solve the scoring riddle. The C-Men worked hard throughout. Perhaps it was a letdown at the first couple of goals that set-off some of their players but the ref made some calls and they wern't the worst I have seen and they were consistent in that were going both ways. Anyways, water under a bridge and a lesson learned for some(hopefully). Good Luck the rest of the way and it will be nice to see you on our home turf after a McBride park that was in serious need of a clipping.
C-Men took three reds in a match against us last year. I wonder if it was the same guys. I haven't seen the team yet this year, but they had three fairly skilled South American (?) players last year, and they just snapped one game and all decided to get sent off. They would just walk up after the ball was out of play and kick our players in the back right in front of the ref, take their red card, and walk off. It was pretty surreal. The remaining 8 players played really hard until the end, but there really wasn't much they could do at that point. It also screwed them for the next two-three games. Was this a similar fiasco?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Si, algunos jugadores lationos fue al centro de este burro, pero, sin violencia. They are going to be behind the 8 ball for the next 1-2 weeks too.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan Lions 1-3 Lobbans

Lobbans controlled most of the play and the score could've been worse. I believe the refs name was Jasmil. Anyone else had this guy. I'm hoping it was just a bad dream and I'll wake up smelling roses. Father John is Collina compared to this guy. Christ almighty:(

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught a little bit of that C-Men/JB's game as I was kicking a ball with my daughter and it was comical. The South American dudes just couldn't control themselves (and 5th Back I believe?)and the ref just stood there and handed out cards as one after the other had a go at him. To get yappy cards like that is just juvenile and embarrassing and warrants a fine (beer) on my team.

It was nice though when all the dust settled they were able to sit in a circle (sans drums) and fire up a fatty before heading off :) Looks like a team that's going in one direction fast but I guess that's expected with the C-Men as it always has been more about the party. Maybe they need some Beam???

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
If I have said it once, I have said it a million times, as soon as you start talking to the ref, no matter how good your intentions are, you are doing a disfavor to yourself and most importantly, your team;

Well said - this is the message that I've been trying to get through to some of our players, but obviously it hasn't sunk in yet. They are quite young though and will learn to not take things personally and just play the game.
Yes Oggy, it was the same players that got sent off against you guys last year, but this time they didn't retaliate against the other team. They did complain to the ref though, about some tough challenges (questionable fouls) who had zero tolerance for complaints and started handing out cards, threatened to call the game with 15-20 minutes left, etc. It was too bad because we had kept the JBs off the score sheet for the first half, but let ourselves get distracted and abandoned the game plan in the second. I think that Norvan's experience showed through and we can learn from it. Bonefish- looking forward to the rematch as well - good luck.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did. Rangers controlled play and had more of the ball and territorial advantage but Romania were able to finish their chances and we were unable to finish ours. they are a counterattack team and hump the ball for their foorwards to run onto to. Forwards are quick and skilled and it is suicide to leave them 2 on 2 or 1 on 1 with the defence. 1-1 at half and they score one 5 minutes into second on a shot that was blocked and went right to a forward who was able to easily side foot in. We started to push to get the leveler and they hit us on the break with about 10 to got. We scored right after that and they were able to hang on for the victory. We need to pull our socks up and start get results or we will find ourselves to far out to be in contention for the group.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
I caught a little bit of that C-Men/JB's game as I was kicking a ball with my daughter and it was comical. The South American dudes just couldn't control themselves (and 5th Back I believe?)and the ref just stood there and handed out cards as one after the other had a go at him. To get yappy cards like that is just juvenile and embarrassing and warrants a fine (beer) on my team.

It was nice though when all the dust settled they were able to sit in a circle (sans drums) and fire up a fatty before heading off :) Looks like a team that's going in one direction fast but I guess that's expected with the C-Men as it always has been more about the party. Maybe they need some Beam???

Ya, I guess maybe they should have smoked the joint before the game :rolleyes: . Bandcamp, you sure can tell a lot about a team from watching 10 minutes of one game. You know we won 3-0 the week prior - if you had watched that would you say we were bound for premier division? And your team never argues a ref's calls - ya right!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Ya, I guess maybe they should have smoked the joint before the game :rolleyes: . Bandcamp, you sure can tell a lot about a team from watching 10 minutes of one game. You know we won 3-0 the week prior - if you had watched that would you say we were bound for premier division? And your team never argues a ref's calls - ya right!

Fair comments. Yes to the pre-game joint as it enhances creativity. I am fairly familiar with the C-Men and so maybe my judgement is altered by their history - although from what I witnessed it is in line with my view of the team. I like Fletch but his teams will always be fairly similar...no?

My team has argued calls for sure but with a different approach. I can't even remember one of our players getting a red for yapping at a ref. Can you guys say that? Rhetorical.

We had a situation on the weekend where the ref did not red card Alemania's keeper for a professional, last man back foul. He gave the foul but no red...which goes against what's in the rule book. We beaked for about 3 seconds and then got on with the game as the red was not coming...obviously. Any amount of chatter is not going to get it pulled out. I spoke to the ref after the game about it and it still doesn't affect anything except maybe he'll go brush up on the rules. I didn't swear at him and wave my arms at him and keep approaching him - nor did my team mates. Big difference in the approach - regardless of how hard done by you feel.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Satan. The Romanians play much like Blaze says. The young guy up front is quick and skilled enough for our level and finishes his chances. Play him physically and he, like the rest of them start bitching. Half their sideline would walk out onto the pitch to complain about the most innocuous of challenges. They don't defend well, and are easily exploited from the flanks. By the way, they are flop artists and scream in pain after every challenge. You might as well hit them hard if the ref of the day is willing to buy into that bull. Army's boys are pretty solid throughout. I assume that it is youthful exuberence that often leads to late or unnessesary tackles. I am sure that they don't play as chippy as they seemed to play against us. Better finishing could make them contenders for the "upper" echelon. Lippy as hell though...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did forget to mention that they are flop artists. A strong wind takes them down like they were run over by a truck. Snipers are definitely in attendance whenerver they play. THe ref we had loved to call the fouls so every time there was a challenge a whistle blew it seemed. Guys were winning balls clean and getting cards for shouldering the guy before they got the ball.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
I did forget to mention that they are flop artists. A strong wind takes them down like they were run over by a truck. Snipers are definitely in attendance whenerver they play. THe ref we had loved to call the fouls so every time there was a challenge a whistle blew it seemed. Guys were winning balls clean and getting cards for shouldering the guy before they got the ball.

You mean shouldering the opponent before he even receives the ball? Sounds like the Rangers I know and I wish more refs would card for that.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guy had the ball and was pushed off it by our smallest guy who he tried to dribble around. It was a little bump and their guy didn't even go down which tells me he thought it had no hope of being called as they went done on anything they thought could get them a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0