Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  1. IFC Polonia -- Aryana FC: Aryana has not been filling the net like last year and I don't expect that to happen against a team that has not conceded a goal in its first 3 matches.
  2. City FC Cobras -- PCOV "A": Cobra's are still in search of a Shami capable of coaxing them out of their basket and out of the cellar of 2A
  3. Bosna SC -- Kosova SC: On paper this looks like a Kosova win but I am not sure if there are any sideshows that might make it more interesting.
  4. Signmaster SC -- Bombastic SC "A": This is the proving ground for Bombastic and their claim for legiticimey and they will be in tough. MOTW-2A
  5. Maplewood United -- Firefighters "C": Buoyed by last weeks success, The Wood have a good chace at points in this match
  6. Primo FC "A" -- West Van Royals:Should be clinical but W.V have potentail to wreck a season and did steal points last year.
  7. "B" United -- Cleo's FC: Cleo's finally get a "B"reak after getting worked over by top 5 teams.
  8. Belmont FC -- Unicorns FC:Belmont should get all 3 pts but their consistency is a bookies nightmare.
  9. Douglas Park -- Nomads FC "A": DP Rgrs are on a tear but is 3 games enough time for the nomadic ones to get it together?
  10. Richmond FC -- KLM Alemania FC: Alemania are well in the game but Richmond appears to be this year's "choo-choo". Can they stop the new Richmond train? MOTW-2B
  11. City FC Rangers "A" -- Green Devils FC: Will Irish grit win over Delta toughness? Neither team can afford to drop points. City has a formidable home field advantage but the Devils are well organized and can play on grass or turf. MOTW-2C
  12. Yaletown FC -- C-Men United: After last week's debacale, the C-Men will be without some key players and will be hard pressed to get any points.
  13. FC Sandzak -- FC Romania: My bet for the most fans in attendance. Romania by 2.
  14. EV Socceroos "A" -- IFC Zawisza: EV have a chance to get some points but after dropping 3 straight games the mental hurdle will be a challenge.
  15. Norvan JB's -- Westside FC Knights: Knights finally have their full roster back from suspension for what should be a well contested, high spirited, monday night affair under the lights of Confederation Turf
Undefeated Watch: Polonia, Signmaster, Richmond, Primo, Romania

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
  1. Belmont FC -- Unicorns FC:Belmont should get all 3 pts but their consistency is a bookies nightmare.

1. Really? We're actually the opposite I thought. We normally beat the teams we should and take points off or beat the teams above us. It's good money taking us against Unicorns :)

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-men United 1 Yaletown FC 4

Good effort by the C-men and actually carried the play for a good portion of the game. The difference was the quality in the final third of the field. We didn't have much today whereas Yaletown did. Our only goal came off of a pk won by one of our centre midfielders, who ran miles on the day. Lots of pressure by us in the second half, but few good shots on net, with the exception of a great volley that rang off the crossbar. Also, we had too many guys pushing up in the 2nd half, leaving our over 35 call up to try and fend off attacks by himself (sorry Fletch), though he didn't do too badly. Anyways, on to the socceroos next week for the battle of the basement dwellers in 2C.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Really? We're actually the opposite I thought. We normally beat the teams we should and take points off or beat the teams above us. It's good money taking us against Unicorns :)

Phew. Thank god I didn't see this tip till today!!! I would have been out a few bucks:rolleyes:

Oct 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Phew. Thank god I didn't see this tip till today!!! I would have been out a few bucks:rolleyes:

Handcamp has a tendency to go awol after a performance like Saturday's, so here is my theory about the game. The Irish flags that we have as our corner posts, that are supposed to intimidate the opposition, only served to motivate the 'Unicorns', while painfully reminding the geographically challenged Belmont team that just because a few of our guys are from Newfounland, that doesn't make us Irish.:)

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 3-Alemania 1
What a game! The ref handed out 10 yellows and 1 red (to a substituted player), most of which were for beaking at him. We wouldn't learn, and took many unnecessary cards. We carried possession for most of the first half and missed several great chances. They countered well and almost got a couple, too. Second half, they scored first. We picked up the pace and got 2PKs in about 10 mins to take the lead, and another goal on the final whistle to make it 3-1, to complete the hat-trick for our CMF. Coach 'Legendkiller' made some smart and timely subs that allowed us to get back into the game.
This was a gutsy win as we battled through some really inconsistent officiating to pull out the W. The return of our 2 strikers gave us a potent 1-2 punch up front. Once we start gelling as a team with these guys back, we'll be even better. A couple cheap shots were handed out by Alemania behind the play and when a guy was down (kicked him in the head), and the ref either ignored it or just didn't see it. Fcuking terrible. But we got the win, and that's all that matters.

On to the Unicorns for what should be a good battle.

TS

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BFC A 0
Signmaster 0

I only watched the first half but it was pretty much the game I thought it would be. We attacked and created some chances but only one sure thing (which obviously ended up not). I would say we out chanced Signmaster in the first half but they did have one good one of their own on the counter. One man offside coming back not involved in the play while another ran through on side for a 3/4 break from 20 yards up the left side of the box. He shot into the side netting. With Mosher (sp?) on their back line they hard to penetrate. The ball has to swish and move quickly as he really reads the play well. They limited chances and then they break on the counter they use their big lunk up front well to hold the ball up and distribute wide or knock back to a midfielder. I would never call them a lunch bucket side but they certainly just go about thier business and see what that brings them.

Anyone have a report on the 2nd half?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
C-men United 1 Yaletown FC 4

Good effort by the C-men and actually carried the play for a good portion of the game. The difference was the quality in the final third of the field. We didn't have much today whereas Yaletown did. Our only goal came off of a pk won by one of our centre midfielders, who ran miles on the day. Lots of pressure by us in the second half, but few good shots on net, with the exception of a great volley that rang off the crossbar. Also, we had too many guys pushing up in the 2nd half, leaving our over 35 call up to try and fend off attacks by himself (sorry Fletch), though he didn't do too badly. Anyways, on to the socceroos next week for the battle of the basement dwellers in 2C.
A fair summary. It was good to see Fletch come out for the third consecutive season of YFC-Cmen encounters. The officiating was pretty random, and while there was no bias, the referee did tend to award calls to whichever team grabbed the ball and ran to the corner/goal kick/throw-in first. That said, the only call that really had an effect on the outcome was a missed offside on our first goal. Everyone was lined up on the top of the C-Men box except for our center forward, who was on the penalty spot. Our CM sent in a (wide) shot that was cleverly deflected by our (shockingly offside) center forward into the corner of the net. We ran the play for the whole first half and scored three good goals after the dubious first one, but it was a bit of a sucker punch coming only five minutes in. We lost the intensity a bit in the second, and the C-Men came very close several times, and certainly deserved a goal for the effort they put in in the second half.
I wish them luck in their rematch against the woeful 'Roos, who seem to have gotten much quieter in the last couple of weeks. :confused:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
I wish them luck in their rematch against the woeful 'Roos, who seem to have gotten much quieter in the last couple of weeks. :confused:

Yes Peta goes walk-a-bout when ever they start the season 0-4....and only score an average of 1.25 goals per game and leak over 5 per game.

Then again who wouldn't. Not much you can argue with there. They can't score and they can't keep them out. You woudl have to say they are clearly closer to being the "Mc"Rooos than Socceroos

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 3-0 over Knights. Complete domination. One team showed up to play,one obviously did not. I missed the first goal,which was scored very early. In the second half, Bonefish looked all world out there with several dangerous runs and one goal to show for his efforts. It would seem that he has found balance since removing his cast. JB's would be a lock for promotion if they could play all of their games on turf. I wonder if Holly will be as kind to them later on? As for the Knights, there are many questions to be answered. When will they learn how to defend, pass, shoot, show up, etc... Meanwhile,Dr J. has yet to partake this season due to suspension and now illness. One wonders if he will get a reduced rate on his team fees due to a lack of participation? Thank goodness there are no demotions from this division.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always fun playing the Knights. We came out hard from the start and it paid off 10 minutes in. Kudos to my team for playing solid in every position.

Good luck to the Knights the rest of the way.

legendkiller

Oct 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello all,

Well boys, yet again the mighty Richmond FC has won again!! Well todays game was really hard for us, it was the first true test of the year. We were as TS said hard into it for a while, but a few timely subs and we won the game in the end. A great game by our mid, especially one of them. It was a great match and we deserved to be the ones who walked away with the win!! I guess we have our year cut out for us, the way the boys from the west van are playing, the rest of the league is taking notice, even me!! Well today will be the true test for them, let's see if they are up to the hype they have created on their own!!

As for us, we will see how it oes for the season, if we stay healthy, then we can contend for the championship!! I am very sad about one thing, what the hell happened to the mighty Westside Nights? Maybe they reall y are missing DR J! or maybe it's the texas rattler and the rest of his merry men!!

Good luck to all during the week!!

Cheers

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zawisa (a few) Roos (not enough)

Sat and watched this sorry sideshow after our game earlier. Always a treat to be able to laugh at somebody else's misfortune after experiencing your own, especially when the lawn chairs are comfy, it's sunny out, and there's still beers in the cooler.

Lowlight of this one was a scud missile launched by one of the boys in blue towards the Roos' net. It bounced in front of the keeper, over his heed, and into the back of the net. It was very quiet in Rooville after this one.

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0