Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I suppose it's time for this thread. Gentlemen, start your piss-taking. Therapist, start drinking.

By the way, how's everybody's fitness? Hoho, haha, just kidding around.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Registration lineup last night; Bonefish looks to be adding to the JBs with a couple of slightly underaged looking players snuck in just under the wire. That and the backfat looks intact. :D

Trece

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B

Belmont v West Van - pretty evenly matched teams unless West Van has totally revamped. We've lost some key guys but hopefully will still be competitive.

Does anyone know if Ambleside B is turf or grass?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ambleside B is grass(Located between the turf fields and Tennis Courts)...It is a pretty good pitch at this time of year if it has been cut.

Trece Verde,

The U-4 squad decided to make the trip to see Mr Azzi that night. I think my eldest son's comment to him was, "Your'e Grumpy!!"

My BFR (BackFatRatio) is not too bad this year. Still could make the weigh-in for a cruiser weight match(200lbs)

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I had better switch from Subway to McDonalds if I am going to stand a chance in Div 2 playing against you fat bastards!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger:

No worries about me; I gave up on youngun's soccer a long time ago to play the gentleman's game of over 35's. But I'll smack you silly for calling me a "fat bastard" if I ever meet you on the pitch...:D

Much more likely you should be worrying about those svelte JBs, especially if you stay on Jerrod's slimming :rolleyes: Subway diet...

Trece

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Ranger:

No worries about me; I gave up on youngun's soccer a long time ago to play the gentleman's game of over 35's. But I'll smack you silly for calling me a "fat bastard" if I ever meet you on the pitch...:D

Trece

Hmmm, I might consider suiting up for the Westside O-35 team just for that match, should you play them of course....

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sat Key Matchups
KLM Alemania FC vs Nomads FC "A" - Will Charlie be able to run rampant over the demoted Alemania side?
Green Devils FC vs Norvan JB's - The makings of a good rivalry
Westside FC Knights City FC Rangers "A" - Apple Crisp supplies should be plenty early on in the season.

Sunday Key Matchups
Kosova SC Signmaster SC - Has Kosova learned from last years lessons? Will Signmaster be able to smother the Kosova snipers?
EV Socceroos "A" vs Yaletown FC - The Geese haven't quite arrived in force yet so Peter will have to find some alternate ammo to hurl at a serious Yaletown crew.

Seems that there have been quite a few changes in personnel from the Primos, Richmond, CMen, Socceroos... Should be an interesting season. Good luck all.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Sat Key Matchups
KLM Alemania FC vs Nomads FC "A" - Will Charlie be able to run rampant over the demoted Alemania side?
Green Devils FC vs Norvan JB's - The makings of a good rivalry

Actually, Charlie was playing for the Green Devils in the summer. I don't know if this was just temporary or not, but he may be running rampant in the other matchup at Kensington. We (C-men) have Romania on Sunday - they have a couple of forwards that you have to pay close attention to as well. With a little luck, we'll keep them in check. Should be fun.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Signmaster 3 City Fc Rangers 1 on Thursday.

No idea about game as i was working. :eek: Not sure who played for us or what happened. All i know is we are missing about half our team this weekend at a wedding that was badly scheduled. No luck so far in trying to split the soon to be "happy" couple apart in time to have access to all our players.

Hopefully we can show a little bit better against the Knights tommorrow.

Rattler, Any chance the Samosa lady will be around apres game tommorrow.

Hmmmm Samosas.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights FC 3:1 City FC Rangers "A"

The crisp tasted great today. Looks like the Knights have the makings of a pretty decent squad this year if we can continue the play displayed today. And it looks like our average age has dropped a couple of years; from 36 to 33 is my guess.

It was good to get back on the pictch after taking the summer off. Although I'm already feeling sore after only 25 minutes on the pitch. I'll let the rattler expand on the game itself. Even though he look as if he was well on the road to party the way he was dressed after the game. Well done boys.

number2 - out.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic FC A off on the right track. 2-0 win. THe new pace in the squad is going to trouble a few teams. Bosnia played hard and battled but never really created any chances. Our back line was solid on the ground but unlike previous years we dominated in the air.

Good game all round and a well earned victory for week 1

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GD's 1 - JB's 1 - A well contested match that could have gone either way. GD's were strong in the first half against an 11 player side. A quick, aggressive midfield, made it difficult for the JB's to work the ball up the park and a bit of a airshow enused. The first goal came on a long range sky shot that the JB's keeper called for. The defender who had a line on the ball ducked and moved out of the way but the bounce proved to difficult to contain and the rebound was slotted away. 2nd half saw the JB's dig down and despite the non-existent bench, continued to work hard and keep the scoreline at 1-nil. GD's had several dangerous corners but it was the JB's who had a cornerkick taker score with a fortuitous delivery to even the game with 20 left. A see saw affair for the last bit of the game with chances on both ends. A well earned tie considering the missing personnel. GD's look to have another strong team and were full marks for the effort and the sportsmanship on the day.

BTW. Kensington, which was at its best for the conceivable next 9months, was shite with bumps and baseball diamonds.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weren't they only a third of the marks for the effort?

By the way... LOVE your hair. Kick ass.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Weren't they only a third of the marks for the effort?
By the way... LOVE your hair. Kick ass.
As always, Keeper keeping me inline. If the measure of a game is broken down to sportsmanship, game play, and a winning result...GD's got 2 out of 3.

Its all about the flytrap!. I came across an old box of photos and I will have some funny avatars for a while to come..

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In 2b action it was the newly combined team of Richmond FC giving "B" united a big ass whooping of 6-1. The score actually looks nice because it should have been at least double digits. Onto next week where I expect the scoreline to be alot closer, but with the same result for Richmond in terms of the "W"!

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos 1-4 Yaletown

Good, hard game on a decent Memorial pitch. Yaletown scored a couple of goals fairly early, with Socceroos pulling one back before the half to keep things close. YFC had a goal right after the restart, but the ref called it back for offside, and the game continued to be pretty close. #9 for Socceroos had a great game, scoring their only goal and rattling the crossbar once. With Socceroos pushing forward late in the game, YFC punished them with two goals on counterattacks to put the game to bed. The game was certainly closer than the scoreline suggests, and the 'Roos have made a few good signings over the summer. They won't be pushing for promo yet, but they certainly have the potential to act as spoilers. Especially if they learn to keep their shots out of the way of low-flying aircraft.
I'm looking forward to next weekend's replay of this summer's Wish Cup final between YFC and Los Diablos Verdes, who will be looking to put some points on the board after their draw with Jimmy and the Beamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0