Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
if you think Richmond FC has a chance perhaps you need to stop dreaming :D .....if the diet don't work, don't try it :p looking at your group, I say you will finish in top 4, if you stay healthy, you guys have a good team and its too bad you had so many guys hurt last season....good luck to you guys though

What?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With McDonald Realty no longer in the picture, which teams are going to "battle it out" for the Swiss Cheese award(Most Goals conceded).
2A: Cobras, Aryana, Bosna
2B: BUnited, WV Royals
2C:Socceroos,Zawisza?

For the "BulletProof Vest" award(Fewest goals conceded):
2A:Signmaster, Bombastic
2B:primos(They also win the special category for combination of fewest goals conceded and scored)
2C:Green Devils,JimBeam,Yaletown

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about most for? I'd throw us in there as we have Joey who fills the net (just 3 last weekend)...although we may give up a bunch as well :)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"What about most for?"

You have been in this league for a while so how about you throw something out there. I would think Romania(2C), Polonia(2A), Richmond(2B)

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are my selections:

Least Goals Conceded:

A Polonia or BFC
B Primo or Richmond
C JB's or G Devils

Most Goals Scored:

A BFC or Signmaster (could be Polonia)
B Primo maybe Richmond
C Romania or JB's

Div Winners (1 only):

A BFC (bit of a homer pick but the squad looks very solid this year...scary pace and probably the best squad in 4 years)
B KLM Alamania (just a hunch)
C JB's (tough group to pick but through by a point)

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who gets up that early on a Saturday? Besides those with kids or ten a.m. games... So tell us about the greatness that is Rangers. Perhaps Bonefish can ask for predictions for which of the thirty five Rangers teams in Metro will finish with most,least etc...

legendkiller

Oct 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca,

The saying goes don't diet, try it!! You idiot!! If your going to quote me do it right. Besides I like your predictions of us placing 4th. Here is a quote for you "Eat A Dick, You Dirt Bag":) . Your right about one thing though, we do have an easier go of it this year. We dont have to play the three teams that made it to the cup final last year to get promoted!! We will see how the mighty richmond FC will do this year!! West seaide biach!!!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dr.j said:
Who gets up that early on a Saturday? Besides those with kids or ten a.m. games... So tell us about the greatness that is Rangers. Perhaps Bonefish can ask for predictions for which of the thirty five Rangers teams in Metro will finish with most,least etc...

Seeing that i am in Toronto at the moment its not that early.

I also assume that seeing that i posted this as well as being only one Rangers team playing the Roos on friday night you could figure out who it is.;)

I also think ithere are only 32 Rangers teams in the Metro league. :D

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BFC A 4
Firefighters 1

Not at the game so I can't really comment on play. 1-1 at half was my understanding but could have been 2 or 3 to 1 at the half

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 0-2 Greenies

A shocking penalty decision about three minutes into this one had YFC chasing the game the whole way. The referee afterwards apologized to our defender for a call he must have immediately regretted making, but didn't have the cajones to retract. That said, the GD's did an excellent job defending their lead against a very unimaginative and lethargic Yaletown side. Not many other chances either way in the rest of the game until our keeper, who had forgotten his boots and borrowed a pair that were a size too big, tripped over the ball while making a routine clearance and let their striker slot the ball into an empty net. It was especially unfortunate because he played an absolutely stellar game apart from that one moment. The GDs keeper also impressed with some good saves, although our (especially my) shooting could have been much better. Might have been a different game without the bogus penalty, but the GD's definitely outworked us and did well to preserve their lead. We'll definitely have to step it up a bit, and hopefully we can get a better result in the away leg later this fall. On the whole, though, a good-spirited game between the old downtown rivals, and good luck to them until our next meeting.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pete:

Be careful when you talk about Jerrod's diet. Remember that he tried to eat Jaime in the summer league....:eek:

Trece

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 3- WV Royals 1
Wasn't at the game today but heard lots about it from some of our guys. From the sounds of things, WV had 2 point blank chances early on with the score 0-0, that our goalie made 2 great saves on. And from that point on, it was all Richmond! Sounds like the score could've (and probably should've) been 5/6-0, with WV getting a late tally to ruin another possible shutout. We apparently only had a couple subs, but filled in the gaps well enough to pull out the W. That's the difference this year compared to the past couple years, where now we have enough depth that even if we're missing 3-4 starters we can still beat teams.
I'll let the legendkiller give more details about the actual gameplay.

Anyways, so far.......so good.

TS

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-Men United 3 Sandzak 0

Pretty uneventful game, to tell the truth. Our first goal came off of a freekick to the far post which was headed home by our right mid. 1-0 at half. In the second we capitalized on some poor clearances to add two more. Sandzak was definitely frustrated at their lack of chances and there was some infighting amongst them- they probably thought they should be doing better. Once we were ahead though we shut them down. For those of you wondering what they're like compared to last year, I'd have to say pretty much the same. They still have the two big guys in the middle, and have a few new faces but no real upgrades.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Romania 3 Westside Knights 1

This game was horrible to play in and was extreemly frustrating having to watch us lose to these guys as yours truly had to don the goalie gloves. Romania had a few chances and did well to finish when they were presented with opportunities , however this was not a game that the knights played to their full potential. It was good to see that we broke the shut out 2 minutes after I came out of the pipes and I look forward to a rematch later in the year. Gonna give some props to Randy Orton the LegendKiller and his band of merry Richmond FC lads as they join the Chicago Bears with a 2-0 record to start the season !

To Backwater Louisianna Stew and Red Light Nk if your gonna use my name fcukin' spell it right you Knuts ! p.s. have a nice day:p

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha rattler i'm sorry, I never looked at your drivers licence :( so you must forgive me. If you need any pointers how to get 'em shutouts jussssss hollar at me :p I'm a bit suprised that you guys didn't win but i'm sure you will get the next one right? Perhaps I'll come watch one of your games if you're playing near by.

And FOR crying out loud Stew!! who the hell gets up to play a game at 10 am ??? I have troubles making it to our 2pm games....gah now u know i'll never play over 35's

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
And FOR crying out loud Stew!! who the hell gets up to play a game at 10 am ??? I have troubles making it to our 2pm games....gah now u know i'll never play over 35's

Ahh but the upside of a 10am game is an 11:45am beer and more beer till 4pm while watching footie all afternoon in the rain.

Magic!!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 2 - 0 Cleo's

Good to get the points...pretty uneventful game. The difference being our striker, Joey...5 goals in two games. Div 2 defenses have a really hard time dealing with his speed and strength and he'll win us some close games this year for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts