Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-men 1 FC Romania 5

Just simply got outrun and outworked in this game. Gotta give props to Romania who run off the ball very well and are dangerous on counter-attacks. We only had 12 signed for today and had to recruit some over-35s for support. We'll have better numbers for next week and hopefully a different result....and the beer will taste better...

stunatman

Oct 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to richmond/europa fc got to a good start with a win.This team will surprise alot of teams this season.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 6 - 4 West Van Royals (2B)

Ugly but it counts. Started with 8 guys, 11th at half time. Got 4 straight goals in the second half to take the points.

West Van are pretty average and should find themselves near the bottom this year. We had a very patched together line-up and made them look quite a bit better than they are I think.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Socceroos 1-4 Yaletown

Good, hard game on a decent Memorial pitch. Yaletown scored a couple of goals fairly early, with Socceroos pulling one back before the half to keep things close. YFC had a goal right after the restart, but the ref called it back for offside, and the game continued to be pretty close. #9 for Socceroos had a great game, scoring their only goal and rattling the crossbar once. With Socceroos pushing forward late in the game, YFC punished them with two goals on counterattacks to put the game to bed. The game was certainly closer than the scoreline suggests, and the 'Roos have made a few good signings over the summer. They won't be pushing for promo yet, but they certainly have the potential to act as spoilers. Especially if they learn to keep their shots out of the way of low-flying aircraft.
I'm looking forward to next weekend's replay of this summer's Wish Cup final between YFC and Los Diablos Verdes, who will be looking to put some points on the board after their draw with Jimmy and the Beamers.

I hate to make excuses, but I will anyway.
We started the game with 9 players and half a goalie. Called up 2 guys from the B-Side, who wouldn't even make the B-Team.
If this is Yaletowns best effort against a seriously depleted Roos side, their season is going to be long and ugly.
The City Rangers will get their nets filled this coming Friday to make up for the loss against the Latte Slurpers.:knvb:

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
I hate to make excuses, but I will anyway.
We started the game with 9 players and half a goalie. Called up 2 guys from the B-Side, who wouldn't even make the B-Team.
If this is Yaletowns best effort against a seriously depleted Roos side, their season is going to be long and ugly.
The City Rangers will get their nets filled this coming Friday to make up for the loss against the Latte Slurpers.:knvb:
Good to see that Socceroos are still in top form, at least online. I don't think that starting with nine makes much of a difference, since the score was still 0-0 when your other two showed up just a few minutes in. I would also point out that we had only one substitute and were missing six (6) starters, so this was hardly our "best effort". If we brought the full team out, I think the scoreline would be closer to the 7-0 thrashing we handed you last season.
As for the "net-filling" that you have planned for City Rangers, be careful that it doesn't end up being the usual "pants-filling" that the 'Roos perfected last season.:D

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 1 Green Satans 1 (my take on it)

I agree mostly with Bonefish's game review, but I think he gave them a bit too much credit. Their chances weren't that great. The D cut the angles and all but two shots were routine.
I think that we lacked in any sort of build up through midfield to forward. We didn't create the usual amount of offense that we usually do. I blame it on first game of the season jitters and rustiness that the JB's usually show. Really, it was a game thrown away.........but it was nice to at least salvage a point.

my drunken thoughts........

Bifficus

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos,

Good to see after being away from your team for a couple of years you still haven't changed. It is always someone elses fault, rather than yours for not fielding a team.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond FC 6- B Utd 1
As posted earlier, a great result for us to start the season. They scored with maybe 3-4 mins left to break the shutout, on some sloppy defending by yours truly and our sweeper. For the first time in years, we actually had more than 12 guys at a game! We used all our subs and had 2 injured players and a player/coach still on the sidelines. To the rest of you, this may not mean much but when we've struggled for years to get the numbers, it's great to have such depth. Merging with 'europa' from summer soccer has given us a huge boost. After years of mediocrity, this could be our year. ;)

TS

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bifficus said:
Socceroos,

Good to see after being away from your team for a couple of years you still haven't changed. It is always someone elses fault, rather than yours for not fielding a team.

It is also good to see you still standing on the sideline waiting for a sub that never happens.
Maybe Soccer is not your thing after all. :bronco:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
It is also good to see you still standing on the sideline waiting for a sub that never happens.
Maybe Soccer is not your thing after all. :bronco:

So you had enough players when he played for you?

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
#2 is correct in saying that the Knights average age has dropped to about 33. Of course it will rise back up as soon as yours truly and the Knights version of Harold Ballard get back from suspension. Despite missing four regulars, the Knights gave a decent effort. Rangers are probably better than they showed, as are the Knights. Both teams struggled with their finishing, as well as passing,dribbling tackling, fitness etc.... Some timely substitutions by Greg and excellent team defending, to help cover for the Rattler who had to go in goal, got us off to a good start. There probably won't be too many walkovers in division 2's toughest bracket this year.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 1 had not real shocking results. The Knights - Rangers game in 2C would be close to it. It is early however and it will take a couple more weeks for some clarity.

This week, 2A has some good matchups among contenders with:
IFC Polonia vs Kosova SC
Firefighters "C" vs Bombastic SC "A"
Signmaster SC vs PCOV "A"

In 2B, Richmond and Primo both have a chance to pad their stats but the remaining 3 games should be closely contested.

Over in 2C a couple of key matchups between some favorites:
Yaletown FC and Green Devils FC
FC Romania and Westside FC Knights

Sandzak and Zawisza did not play the other week so it will be interesting to see if these teams have change since last year.

A game with the best side show, however, is City FC vs Peter and Roos. Will they be able to pull off the upset or will Socceroos be on here late Friday night with a bunch of gooseshit for excuses....

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since Army hasnt been on here to defend anything I will.

The City FC Rangers had a horrible game last week handing Knights three wide open breakaways for goals but thats all Knights had and we simply couldnt finish anything, with the guys coming back form missing that game it will be a much different story.

Especially under Friday Night Lights out at Holly.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
A game with the best side show, however, is City FC vs Peter and Roos. Will they be able to pull off the upset or will Socceroos be on here late Friday night with a bunch of gooseshit for excuses....
Geese don't like plastic grass, so the Roos' will have to bring their own guano out to Holly Turf. I hope there will still be room in the team bus for all their "A-Team" players who couldn't make it last week...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DITH,

what has there been to defend. We were shitty. theknights were simply good enough. A pretty terrible game all around last week to even watch.

Friday Night will show a different Ranger side. We'll see how the Roos are able to handle it.

Also, check your spelling and see if you make sense next time. form = from.

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
DITH,

what has there been to defend. We were shitty. theknights were simply good enough. A pretty terrible game all around last week to even watch.

Friday Night will show a different Ranger side. We'll see how the Roos are able to handle it.

Also, check your spelling and see if you make sense next time. form = from.

I should check my spelling since i forgot we play ed the theknights last week, nice try buddy have another one in T Dot

legendkiller

Oct 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to let you guys know,

This is the year that Richmond FC changes it's ways. The focus is now on winning and many guys will see them selves sitting on the sidelines, which was something that has not happened with the club before. The coaching staff, that was so heavily critacized over the past seasons is now in the right situation to take a run at promotion!! Who knows how the season may go, but if we stay healthy, we got a great chance at it all. With the addition of the boys from europa, Richmond FC is the team it should be, on and off the field. Good luck to all clubs, Especially my favourite club other than ours, Westside Nights!! Tubby good result, but if you can score the team you played must have been shite!!

Keep up the love for the former COUGARS of Richmond!!!

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
if you think Richmond FC has a chance perhaps you need to stop dreaming :D .....if the diet don't work, don't try it :p looking at your group, I say you will finish in top 4, if you stay healthy, you guys have a good team and its too bad you had so many guys hurt last season....good luck to you guys though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0