Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
Mickster..looking forward to seeing you guys but I guess it will have to wait till later in the year......By then we may need binoculars!

Nice one watcher. You may want to have your eyewear, checked; Namely, the dark shades that might be hiding the truth and the contacts that may be out a few magnitudes. You don't want be caught slipping and have your train conductor card yanked.

"Objects may be closer than they appear"

Attachments

• objects.jpg
    objects.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 47

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
The Watcher was on his way home Sunday when he stopped at a railway crossing and he heard this sound off in the distance. It was coming closer and closer. It sounded like chchchch…chchchch…chchchch….chchchch. Naturally he thought it was the NK train rolling through another opponent. chchchch…chchchch…chchchch….chchchch. choochoo…choochoo. Much to his surprise it was the Primos limping home from Richmond. It sounded more like chchchch…chchchch....chchchch….chchchch .....chokechoke
....chokechoke

Well watcher lets slow down all this "hype" that you seem to be talking about and ask you a couple of questions:

Firstly since you are no longer the "conductor" of the train what part of it are you?

Secondly, if your first answer was caboose, how much of this cho cho choing are you doing?
:eek:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay said:
Keane,

After what your greasy Mexican centre-midfielder said to our guy as he came on the field, he is 100% entitled to taking cheap shots against you guys. But there's no way he's as cheap as the little Mexicali that roamed the right wing (talented, but was in love with swinging his elbows). I enjoyed playing against the Irish guys on your team though - seemed like a good bunch, and no doubt they can polish off a few pints :D
Yes and when they are not swining the elbows they are flopping around like a jumping bean diving off the cliffs of fricken Acapulco. All this and talented too!

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
intence practice today..... i never knew that the NK guys can run that much.....2 laps around the field in about 30 mins, our best time ever, the things these guys would do for beer (one for the whole team) :p

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
intence practice today..... i never knew that the NK guys can run that much.....2 laps around the field in about 30 mins, our best time ever, the things these guys would do for beer (one for the whole team) :p

I don't know what practice you were at, buit unless you were late maybe you ran 2 laps. Unfortunately there were no laps ran, just the obstacle course type.

But nevertheless chances are you are one of the "lazies" on the team.

As for what NK will do for a beer, that has some truth. However there are some who enjoy having beer to relax with their teammates, rather than leave to go home and (a) Do nothing to help your own cause, (b) jerk your chain (c)have you leash on too tight.

Whatever the cause slowmotion says your just hating on those who are better or more fit than you. :knvb:

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slowmotion,

I think FCbytca was kidding, but in his defense, he does try to encourage us to sprint hard during our warm downs. :p

As for me, my Wednesday night commitments are over and I will be attending practices regularly again....but ironically my game shape is better than ever as I have been doing endless laps around my school with my fashionable picket sign draped around me.

Let's get some predictions for this weekend?

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
Slowmotion,

I think FCbytca was kidding, but in his defense, he does try to encourage us to sprint hard during our warm downs. :p

Yes, I too was only kidding,our team is filled with members who would love to get drunk lol.

I will predict later :wa:

Roy Keane

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
News Flash the Green Devils have signed an ex rookie of Manchester United Sergi Koncheckkey I trained with the kid last night he is only 23 and couldnt continue playing professional as he had to over come some disease, he has over come that now. I reckon he will get at least 30 goals for the remainder of the season he is lightining quick!!!!! WATCH OUT FOR THIS KID the whitecaps are after him already.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roy Keane said:
News Flash the Green Devils have signed an ex rookie of Manchester United Sergi Koncheckkey I trained with the kid last night he is only 23 and couldnt continue playing professional as he had to over come some disease, he has over come that now. I reckon he will get at least 30 goals for the remainder of the season he is lightining quick!!!!! WATCH OUT FOR THIS KID the whitecaps are after him already.
So he's playing in Div. 2.

Riiiiiiggghhht. :rolleyes:

Cookie Monster

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's predictions:

Douglas Pk. Rangers over Richmond FC - I think Richmond probably had a lucky game last week and Douglas should take them.

NK Hrvat over Primo FC - NK should take this game, but I thought the same with Green Devils vs Primo and we know how that turned out. I appears that Primo rise to bigger games so this may be close.

Westside Knights tie Nomads FC "A" - too close to call.

Green Devils FC over Unicorns - easy, especially with Beckham and Keane in the line-up.

Norvan JB's over "B" United - JBs are coming to form.

Lets see what happens.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh man, i'm scared to post now, that was a sharp reply, like gettin stabed by a double sided knife...... so i'm gonna speed it up here a bit

NK will choo choo Primos, even thought it will be a tough game, especially with primos wanting their points back (but they are in the back of the train and they missed it :p)

GD will win, JBs will win, Nomads will win, Richmond will tie yet again

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good call Keeper ;

Why in gods' green earth would a 23 year old wanna play div 2 ? All I want to know is if he's been quarantined and climatized by being made to chug a 6 pack of canada's finest before being allowed to play.

:D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read the weather forecasts on Tuesday and assumed the fields would be closed this weekend. Of course its been brilliant outside the last two days. So either I'm on glue (entirely likely) or the weatherman is (also entirely likely). I scored mine off Roy Keane (obvious gluehead), I'm not sure where the weatherman gets his.

I'm now assuming the games will be played. Division 2A has Signmaster and Brothel FC (Cleo's) playing with each other. And against each other too. I'll take a big chance and predict Signmaster with the win.

Obviously the match of the week in 2B is the table-topper between the perfect NKH daisytrain and the undefeated Primodonnas. Really, it's time for NKH to walk the walk after all the choo-chooing on and off the pitch. Significantly though, Yomama has given up watching America's Top Model on Wednesday nights and will now sully himself by showing up for practice. But will it help? I will really go out on a limb and predict an anti-climatic 2-2 tie in this climatic battle. But really, the big question is whether or not the Watcher will do some on-field choo-chooing.

Group 2C is looking a little scarce for drama this week so I will choose the Socceroos v. Sandzak matchup as the game of the week in this section. The football-playing (if you can call it that) Kangas versus the Sadsacks of Division 2. What an epic encounter this could be. I predict a tight 3-2 win for the Roooooos.

Devils Advocate

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
jimbo will you shut up,ex man united player!what the **** are you on about?by the way,by the way cookie monster,who is the david beckham in the green devils side?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Group 2C is looking a little scarce for drama this week so I will choose the Socceroos v. Sandzak matchup as the game of the week in this section. The football-playing (if you can call it that) Kangas versus the Sadsacks of Division 2. What an epic encounter this could be. I predict a tight 3-2 win for the Roooooos.
This one comes down to whether or not Sandzak's #10 has recovered from his pulled hamstring. He's their only offensive threat, and if he isn't playing, Roos could squeak out a 0-0 draw or even win 1-0 if they were very fortunate. Sandzak has a good keeper, and he stopped a lot of shots against us to hold us to 1-0 against them. Roos scored three on the C-Men last week, but their real keeper wasn't playing and the stand-in was definitely not a goalkeeper. If #10 is fit and playing, I predict a 3-0 win for Sandzak.

Punjab should have no trouble rolling up Zawisza and smoking them. I predict 6-0 in New West tonight.

I'm assuming Bombastic will be up to the challenge posed by the newly resurgent Real MacDonald, but the Mackers might put one in. 5-1, perhaps?

I think the C-Men will be hungry after going down to the Roos last week, but the loss of the Loud-Mouthed Striker means that they have very little up front. Kosova play very well together and I can't really see them losing. I'd go with Kosova to the tune of 4-0.

As for the PCOV-Yaletown showdown, I know better than to predict the results of my own matches :D

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roy Keane said:
News Flash the Green Devils have signed an ex rookie of Manchester United Sergi Koncheckkey I trained with the kid last night he is only 23 and couldnt continue playing professional as he had to over come some disease
I heard it was gangrene and they had to amputate his right leg :D

Cookie Monster

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devils Advocate said:
jimbo will you shut up,ex man united player!what the **** are you on about?by the way,by the way cookie monster,who is the david beckham in the green devils side?

Your new ex-MAN UNITED player! Dude this is Div.2 VMSL for ****'s sake, lets not get over our heads.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The good news for all us teams in 2b that will have to face this Man U superstar is that he will have no juice left for the game after all the green diks line up and give him his pre game hummers. That by the way is his mystery disease ….green dik. And if he manages to still have some gas in the tank come game time against the Train. Well…. the Warlock will have to shut him down, much like he did to UBC/Belmont’s CrookShank in the semis. Anyone remember that!!!!

NK to paste the Primos racking up say…. three…four….maybe more.

Watcher must now go back to the caboose and rest up for the big game.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 1 - 0 Primos

NK played well in the first, but we left our game plan in the second and played "kick it out soccer!" Regardless, the 3 points are ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0