Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter November, 2005

Who will win this epic encounter, the Kangas or the Realtors?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Now that I just wasted twenty minutes of my life the games will most definitely be cancelled. At least Bonefish can't tell me to do my job.

If games are cancelled I have a suggestion. Why don't we have more posts about the JBs-Knights tilt from this past Monday night? Rivetting stuff.......fascinating.......really.......zzzzzzzzzzzz

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Rivetting stuff.......fascinating.......really.......zzzzzzzzzzzz
I gather that your 3-1 loss to the Socceroos, followed by a 6-1 collapse to Kosova and the 3-1 icing that Zawisza put on ya, have left you a bit bitter. No worries, you will be playing this Friday and I am looking forward to a "Rivetting and Fascinating" recap about the hole that gets drilled in the C-Men's collective backside by SPH. Get 'er done!!!

sensible soccer

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SPH Vs Yaletown.

This game will probably be cancelled with this shitty weather along with the rest of the games. If we can get a turf field for Friday or Saturday then we should consider re-scheduling. We've have already approached Yaletown to move the game to Friday, but they don't seem to be interested in playing us.

Also next week's game at Mercer against C-men is on turf.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
No worries, you will be playing this Friday and I am looking forward to a "Rivetting and Fascinating" recap about the hole that gets drilled in the C-Men's collective backside by SPH

sensible soccer said:
Also next week's game at Mercer against C-men is on turf.

Allight, nothing like using up a pisstake a week early. You may be stellar at reading weather forecasts but your schedule perusal could use a little work.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So thats what it has come to Dap...You could have used your superpowers to H.A.B.O. with some behind the scenes editing but you decided to stall me out...A'ight then....

Help A Brother Out(H.A.B.O.)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, I'm sorry. I'm trying to think how I could have creatively edited your post to save you some face. What do you think of the version below?

bonefish said:
I gather that your 3-1 loss to the Socceroos, followed by a 6-1 collapse to Kosova and the 3-1 icing that Zawisza put on ya, have left you a bit bitter. No worries, you may be playing us in the cup and I am looking forward to a "Rivetting and Fascinating" recap about the hole that I drill in the C-Men's collective backsides during the after-game festivities in the porta-potties at Conferederation Park. I'll get 'er done!!!

P.s. I sure hope there are some real soccer games to talk about next week.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn you Spudato-Head...If I wasn't trying to change gears from barely working to hardly working, I would get you back...Keep your head up my light skinned Potato.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensible soccer said:
SPH Vs Yaletown.

This game will probably be cancelled with this shitty weather along with the rest of the games. If we can get a turf field for Friday or Saturday then we should consider re-scheduling. We've have already approached Yaletown to move the game to Friday, but they don't seem to be interested in playing us.
What the hell? You asked me about moving the game to Friday because you might be missing some players, and after asking around my team, it turns out that 4-5 of them have to work that day. Since it's our home game, I don't think sticking to the original schedule is that unreasonable, especially after we had to play our away game against you without any central defenders because they couldn't get out to New West by 7pm on a Friday. This has nothing to do with not wanting to play you guys, but about not wanting to play you twice with a decimated squad just so you can have a full team. After going to the trouble of asking my team about the change, I didn't really expect you to come on here and make jackass comments.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
What the hell? You asked me about moving the game to Friday because you might be missing some playersQUOTE]

For the record, SPH will have a FULL squad this weekend. The only reason why we wanted to change the game to a Friday day game was that we had access (holiday) to turf and wanted to play, rather than wait and see if Mother Nature will cancel the game or the Parks Board.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
Oggy said:
What the hell? You asked me about moving the game to Friday because you might be missing some playersQUOTE]

For the record, SPH will have a FULL squad this weekend. The only reason why we wanted to change the game to a Friday day game was that we had access (holiday) to turf and wanted to play, rather than wait and see if Mother Nature will cancel the game or the Parks Board.

Oggy - sensible is being insensible. This has nothing to do with your team not wanting to play us and so on. We wanted the game moved to Friday to accomodate some of our players and other committments this weekend - however, it only made sense if it worked for both teams. That being said - let's hope the weather cooperates this weekend - seems unlikely right now.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strictly Business said:
Oggy - sensible is being insensible. This has nothing to do with your team not wanting to play us and so on. We wanted the game moved to Friday to accomodate some of our players and other committments this weekend - however, it only made sense if it worked for both teams. That being said - let's hope the weather cooperates this weekend - seems unlikely right now.
Cheers, Stribus. If it just keeps drizzling a little bit every day we might have a chance, as long as the torrential rains of last week don't return...
Nothing to do but to wait and do the Good Weather Dance :knvb: :bronco: :wa:

sensible soccer

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
What the hell? You asked me about moving the game to Friday because you might be missing some players, and after asking around my team, it turns out that 4-5 of them have to work that day. Since it's our home game, I don't think sticking to the original schedule is that unreasonable, especially after we had to play our away game against you without any central defenders because they couldn't get out to New West by 7pm on a Friday. This has nothing to do with not wanting to play you guys, but about not wanting to play you twice with a decimated squad just so you can have a full team. After going to the trouble of asking my team about the change, I didn't really expect you to come on here and make jackass comments.

My apologies. It seems I was misinformed by the management. They said they tried rescheduling the game with you guys and that you were not willing to move the game, regardless of the time and day.

At the end of the day we just want to play as I'm sure you do. It would be shitty if we were to miss another weekend without a game.

STD - sensible insensible!!!!!!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At The 5th Sack's request Keeper has taken pictures of the riveting Westside-JB matchup on Monday. I know T5B has been anxiously awaiting their arrival so go to the VMSL section in the gallery to view them T5B.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensible soccer said:
My apologies. It seems I was misinformed by the management. They said they tried rescheduling the game with you guys and that you were not willing to move the game, regardless of the time and day.

At the end of the day we just want to play as I'm sure you do. It would be shitty if we were to miss another weekend without a game.

STD - sensible insensible!!!!!!!
No worries. Unfortunately this morning's monsoon rains mean we've got about a 10% chance of any games taking place on grass this weekend. And I'd probably put that figure at 5% for David Lam since the city once again did only half the work that needed to be done this summer and simply put new grass over the big sponge with no drainage that is DL. :rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn, no footy again

The Parks Board has closed all Vancouver fields for this weekend already. Go here if you don't quite trust me.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver has got to get more turf based fields. The league already extended the schedule by another week until December 18 to compensate for the postponed games but the weather isn't going to get any better.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
I gather that your 3-1 loss to the Socceroos, followed by a 6-1 collapse to Kosova and the 3-1 icing that Zawisza put on ya, have left you a bit bitter. No worries, you will be playing this Friday and I am looking forward to a "Rivetting and Fascinating" recap about the hole that gets drilled in the C-Men's collective backside by SPH. Get 'er done!!!

A bit bitter, no kidding, Dr. Phil. But since you're looking forward to hearing about our next game I'll try and get at least six players to post about it so that you can get all the various viewpoints, game highlights, weather conditions, sideline atmosphere, number of beer consumed, pre-game and post game meals, in-depth interviews with spectators, photographs, etc. I bet you can't wait, huh? Unfortunately you'll have to (wait that is), since fields are closed this weekend. Have fun reading game schedules and results in the meantime, bonehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0