Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter November, 2005

Who will win this epic encounter, the Kangas or the Realtors?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B. Monday night. Knights vs. J B s. as M.O.T.W. as stated earlier by the yours truly. (Yeah sure I checked the synopsis first... ) This seems to be a fairly close call with the Knights having the edge in experience,of course, but J.B.s in playing regularly on that artificial crap. Will regular multistuds work on that stuff? Knights in a squeaker provided Texas Rattler shows up sober and the walking wounded heal up in time to play. It should be a good one...

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Yeah...we all appreciate it. It's amazing how he SLOWS IT DOWN FOR US and works us like puppets. He's so smart...

First off, puppets hardly more like PILONS.

Second Erion is that you talking...im sorry why ?
Oh yah you count your goals, sad that you cant count your points.

Finally keeper, I hope your prediction comes true for your sake just because we cant help you all the time. :knvb:

So let me Slow it down for bandcamp and erion - actually Erion you slow it down- Bandcamp you pick it up- erion slow it down---Hey hey bandcamp take your flute out of his a$$

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Second Erion is that you talking...im sorry why ?
Oh yah you count your goals, sad that you cant count your points.

So let me Slow it down for bandcamp and erion - actually Erion you slow it down- Bandcamp you pick it up- erion slow it down---Hey hey bandcamp take your flute out of his a$$[/QUOTE]

Ok go back to div 1 thread you are very good at this.
You certanly took the piss out of us now take the piss out of them and after go premier....and don't worry about Erion counting the goals worry more about the guys that are leaving your team.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
Don't be so defensive. . .after all the talk of Erion's improbable hat trick, one of the SPH players said something along the lines of "it's not our defense you have to worry about but how many goals we're going to score on you" or something like that. With this in mind, I reiterate Hawkeye's earlier assessment of your game: "SHOCKING!" Now cut the bullshit and the excuses and spill the beans of how a top echelon team like SPH can manage only one goal against a team that has already let in close to 30. Did you guys hit twelve posts? Was the one goal an own goal for Macdonald? Was Mickster striking for you guys? :p

Can't wait for the tilt against NKH, might just have to just off my goal scoring boots and fill the net against NK. Granted I haven't worn them since I was 8 but I'm sure they still have the magic touch!! Thanks for vote of confidence Mama!!

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Knights @ JB's tonight. I should probably be on the road by now. But just for the record, it is far to dark, and far to cold, and far to far away for us old people to be to venturing all the way up north tonight. It's almost the North Pole for some of us you know.

Is it too late to postpone it until it's lighter and warmer? Hope you have hot cocoa for the visiting team tonight.

Regards,
number2 - minding the net.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2:1 JB's tonight.

Good see Bonefish again and nice to see the rain hold off for just long enough to get home dry.

Sorry guys, but photos aren't gonna come until late tomorrow night. Wife's outta town and it's too tiring having to fend for food myself and deal with these pictures in the same evening. [insert sleepy smilie here]

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 2 Knights 1

I thought the Knights played well and worked hard to the end. We almost handed it to them in the first half with some sloppy play in our own end.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
We almost handed it to them in the first half with some sloppy play in our own end.

Let me guess, the Mick was thinking he was Franz Beckenbauer again? Geez, you can almost see the wheels turning in his head when he gets the ball at his feet in his centreback position. "I think I"ll just dribble past these five guys and, uh, er, oh, ah, shite, shite!!" :D

Should be some good pisstake material from the pictures I'm hoping.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB"s 2 Westside Knights 1

A great game I think played by both sides with JB's controlling the midfield and Westside squandering missed opportunities on the wings and in front of goal. Not much really to report on this one other than I think both sides left it on the pitch and gave it their all with the ever present Renee putting his usual staple on the game. JB's seem like a good bunch of lads nothing got to carried away by either side and to be quite honest losing sucks but it makes it a bit easier to take when both sides have fought hard and left it on the field. Dr J had a great game on the wing in the first half and it's a shame we were in N. Van cause the first beer went down pretty good and it woulda been nice to have a few more. Anyways great game both sides and I am out ... cheers the rattler

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 2 Knights 1

Fair Result but the result could have been different with a bounce here or there. The Beam started out with strong movement and passing but then faltered perhaps because of the cool night or perhaps the tenancity of Knights who were challenging us in every corner of the park. Hard fought, mostly clean match. We should have had a couple more tallies but the 3pts in the standings are ours.
Saw a few TTP'rs, Texas Rattler made me laugh a bit as he raced down the sideline to catch up to a ball that was heading out of bounds...When it seemed like all was lost, he summoned a growl(or was it a hiss) and he was able to snake it inbounds.
Keeper, the VMSL's very own paparazzi, braved the cool temps and kept him self warm by pisstaking (and capturing?) my failed efforts on goal. ( I was gonna sort you out but my lungs were burning from the cold after subbing on midway 2nd half)

Looks like their will be no games this weekend with the weather forecast as it stands.

Roy Keane

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a more serious note i think a guy from Ireland on the Green Devils team is good enough to play for the White Caps he plays midfield or up front. He is only in Vancouver for a year so he dosent really mind who he plays for but he is a serious player i think he should at least get a try out with the Whithecaps anyway his name is Eoin Carroll.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Let me guess, the Mick was thinking he was Franz Beckenbauer again? Geez, you can almost see the wheels turning in his head when he gets the ball at his feet in his centreback position. "I think I"ll just dribble past these five guys and, uh, er, oh, ah, shite, shite!!" :D

Should be some good pisstake material from the pictures I'm hoping.

Alas, I had to miss last nights tilt. Just recently home with a new baby girl so was home playing dad. I'm saving my Beckenbauerish runs for the Poo Poo Train. Should be fun as I wind my way around the likes of Watcher and Yomama. Hope we're playing on a wide field cause with their girth and mine I'm gonna need lots of room :D
Guess its time to start losing my sympathy pregnancy weight :eek:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roy Keane said:
On a more serious note i think a guy from Ireland on the Green Devils team is good enough to play for the White Caps he plays midfield or up front. He is only in Vancouver for a year so he dosent really mind who he plays for but he is a serious player i think he should at least get a try out with the Whithecaps.

What are you, this guy's agent? You know, most of the Whitecaps make better money playing Division 1 VMSL, you might want to take this into consideration.

On a serious note I think there is a guy on this forum who wishes he was from Ireland, is in deep, deep man-love with all the Green Devils and is so obviously delusional that he could have his own TV show, Roy Keane: At War With Reality

Pssst, Roy, just a little info for you. The Whitecaps don't play again 'til next summer so a tryout with the team might be a little far-fetched at this point.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are you like that? My nickname is Spud, so there's an Irish connection. You'd think you'd be fellatiating me like the rest of the boys.

Damn, I'd like to do whatever it is you just told me to but I don't know what **** is. Perhaps it's go 'wash' myself. That's probably it, right, I'm off to the bathroom.

Listen, you're friend might be the best soccer player the world has ever seen but the fcuking Whitecaps season just ended. Not only that but you said he's only here for a year. That would make a try-out a moot fcuking point don't ya think?

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B: JB's 2, Knights 1. As previously stated, a well played, entertaining ( for 2nds anyway...) match. Both sides squandered good opportunities. The rattler needed a little less rattle on his free kicks from just outside the box,and two good saves from their goalie when we tried to walk the ball into the net from a sharp angle on the right side. JBs with a couple of well trunneled efforts from the top of the box and a real cracker from 25 out in the second half that just missed the top corner. It probably should have been a 4-4 tie if not for typical second division finishing. Or lack thereof... Could it be that Rene might be one of our better refs this year?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish aka the weatherman has predicted cancelled games again this weekend but having a look at the forecast (which is always bang-on as everyone knows) I think we might actually get a few games in. Regardless, everyone should throw something at Bonefish if they see him walking down the street.

So if the games get played here are a few predictions:

Group 2A's matchups are a little less than exciting this week. Maplewood do appear to have a stingy defense (and offense too, for that matter) so perhaps they could hold Signmaster to a draw and tighten things up in the standings a bit. Probably wishful thinking but that's what I'm all about, thinking wishfully. And drinking. Oh, and girls. And, of course, smoking the peace pipe. Ah, and playing sports. Crap, and taking the piss. And reading comics. Oh, and can't forget, being a workaholic. Er, just kidding about the work bit.

Group 2B is my favorite group. Of old, one-footed, overweight, unwashed heathens. As far as soccer goes I like 2C better, but seeing as I get paid vast amounts of dosh to moderate I suppose I'll have to write something. Hmm. I certainly can't see Beckham, Ronaldinho, Pele, Maradona, Roy Keane and the rest of the Diablos Verdes having any trouble with B Ununited but Primos, NK and the JB's all face potential banana skins against, respectively, Westside, Richmond and the Unicorns. I will predict a Primos-Knight draw, an NK victory and a tight JB win over the mythical creatures of David Lam (no, not low-income housing, Unicorns).

Group 2C has an interesting matchup between SPH (sounds like some sort of virus) and Yaletown and little else going on. Might the Hurricanes actually drop some points? I think it's possible and I'll go for a tie here as I'm thinking the Yalies will be up for it.

Now that I just wasted twenty minutes of my life the games will most definitely be cancelled. At least Bonefish can't tell me to do my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0