Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter February, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it that the mighty Nomads had a 1-0 lead on the impotent Primos 53 minutes into the second half when the game was tied. It was so sad that the ref blew the whistle to end the game before the ball even made it back to center. The Nomads complained till they were blue in the face but it will probably be to no avail. Well doesn't this make things interesting in the 2b world. Suddenly the NK - Nomads tie doesn't look so shameful does it Keeper? Don't you worry though. NK is still going to spank you (WFC) this weekend for your little opinion poll. ...............PS..............Don't shoot me. I am only the messenger.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
Rumour has it that the mighty Nomads had a 1-0 lead on the impotent Primos 53 minutes into the second half when the game was tied. It was so sad that the ref blew the whistle to end the game before the ball even made it back to center. The Nomads complained till they were blue in the face but it will probably be to no avail. Well doesn't this make things interesting in the 2b world. Suddenly the NK - Nomads tie doesn't look so shameful does it Keeper? Don't you worry though. NK is still going to spank you (WFC) this weekend for your little opinion poll. ...............PS..............Don't shoot me. I am only the messenger.
Well, since Primos don't come on TTP every week ranting about how they are God's gift to Div. 2, will never lose a match (haha), are better than any other Div. 2 team in history, blah blah blah, they are allowed to have slip-ups without too much "shame". This is, after all, beer league. When some of your players seem to believe they should be in the EPL and think that other teams "shouldn't be on the pitch with them," however, any choking will be laughed at by all and sundry.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
And not a very good messenger at that. Where's the rest of the rumour? -- Why did the ref cut the game short? Did the Nomads' facial hue ever return to the normal pastey-white? Readers want to know.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Says so here:
Rumour has it that the mighty Nomads had a 1-0 lead on the impotent Primos 53 minutes into the second half when the game was tied. It was so sad that the ref blew the whistle to end the game before the ball even made it back to center.
To me, this sounds like the Nomads had a lead up to the 53 minute mark at which point Primos tied it up but then the ref ended the game immediately thereafter. Perhaps there's another interpretation.

Devils Advocate

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Well, since Primos don't come on TTP every week ranting about how they are God's gift to Div. 2, will never lose a match (haha), are better than any other Div. 2 team in history, blah blah blah, they are allowed to have slip-ups without too much "shame". This is, after all, beer league. When some of your players seem to believe they should be in the EPL and think that other teams "shouldn't be on the pitch with them," however, any choking will be laughed at by all and sundry.

very well said oggy,couldnt have said it better myself. the thing is from what i have heard, these loud mouths are in fact bench players at best who use this website as their way to get some of the attention.
when i said that nk were the third best team in the league i meant division 2b by the way.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Says so here:To me, this sounds like the Nomads had a lead up to the 53 minute mark at which point Primos tied it up but then the ref ended the game immediately thereafter. Perhaps there's another interpretation.

Yes Keeper it says 53 mins into the second half...i.e. 8 mins into stoppage time. Man have you been hit in the head too many times thruout your time playing? I hope this keeper doesn't become like that.;)

And I thought teachers were smart!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Man have you been hit in the head too many times thruout your time playing?
As a matter of fact, I was hit in the head yesterday.

Whoever heard of 8 minutes of stoppage time?

~Standing corrected.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did a server move last night that resulted in all posts being lost from last night to early this morning... in fairness to everyone and to keep this place on track, I've deleted all posts since the one post that was causing a bit of a ruckus.

Carry on.

~Regs.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought those were two midgets just pasted to your pegs. "tag alongs".....I didn't really want to say anything. You know how sensitive peeps are these days.

Do you ever give courtesy of reach arounds?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab 4-1 Bombastic

Congrats to Punjab, as Bombastic are now mathematically out of the running for promo, and Punjab are 15-0. I didn't think you guys would have any trouble with them on turf, and you only need to win one of your final three matches to seal the deal.
Hopefully we'll actually get to make up some of our remaining six matches someday, since Yaletown are the only ones who still have a tiny little mathematical chance of catching Punjab, although they would have to choke harder than any team in the history of the league to give us hope. Not too likely, unfortunately. I'm most amazed by the fact that you've done it without too many NK-style rants:rolleyes:
I guess we'll have to get our revenge in the cup final...:D

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Punjab 4-1 Bombastic

Congrats to Punjab, as Bombastic are now mathematically out of the running for promo, and Punjab are 15-0. I didn't think you guys would have any trouble with them on turf, and you only need to win one of your final three matches to seal the deal.

Thanks Oggy - we started out a bit slow but turned it on as the game progressed. Definitely nice to beat bombastic as they were the only team we hadn't played so far this season. No NK rants from our group - we've let our play do the talking this year.

Looking forward to getting the cup run started next weekend.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Punjab 4-1 Bombastic

Congrats to Punjab, as Bombastic are now mathematically out of the running for promo, and Punjab are 15-0. I didn't think you guys would have any trouble with them on turf, and you only need to win one of your final three matches to seal the deal. I'm most amazed by the fact that you've done it without too many NK-style rants:rolleyes:

Thanks for the comment. We could have played a lot better, but when the final score was 4-1, I guess you can't complain much. Bombastic improved from their last year's squad, but I still think Yaletown is better. As for ranting: thats not part our game and personalities. We just come out to play, and we "ain't no choo-chooing soccer rejects." Its too bad that a few of the NK "TTP reps" have tarnished their image.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of Promotion Races...2B which was already more than interesting just past ludicrous with the 2-2 result between Westside and the Primos. The GreenDevils-NK, NK-JimBeam, and NK-Primos games that are yet to be played all have increased implications...Actually every game for NK, Primos, JimBeam are must wins...Nice!!!

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 2 Priomo's 2

Well there wasn't too much to report from this other than the fact that the Primo's goalie put on one of the more stellar performances i've seen in a couple of years. Score should have easily been 4-2 for us had he not had a whale of a game today ( don't know his name ). With a performance like today's you can see why they are top ( for now ) with the fewest goals against. Both teams played well refing was a bit suspect at times (female official) but at the end of the day a tough pill to swallow knowing we had the first place team on their heals for most of the game. Oh well the cup is upon us so away we go bring on whoever ....

cheers

the rattler

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the two horse race will become a one horse race soon. Primo can't get their $hit together and I have called it along time ago. once we take care of our two games against JB and GD, i don't even think the game against Primo will matter,

All the NK haters MUST be hating life now:knvb:

and the train keeps on rolling... Great result last night, CUP, here we come:bronco:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated said:
the two horse race will become a one horse race soon.
Your cavalier comments have already bitten you and your team for 3ties and 1loss. I have different shades of the non-rose colored variety and I see a few suspect railway ties on your track to promotion...Don't look to far ahead and forget about the small stuff because "the Devil is in the details"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0