Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter February, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

watcher

Member
Oct 25, 2001
397
9
Tokens
1
Dirty Money
100
NK rant #1....Green Devils signed, sealed and delivered by our old friends............................. the JB's. Personally the Watcher feels that the Nomads (who while being unbelievably fortunate, showed great fire in the worst of conditions to steal "I mean really steal" a point from NK) will finish ahead of the wannabe Devil Worshippers who will end up being nothing more than fifth place middle of the pack also rans. Its going to be nice to see their faces when they come to that realization after the NK tilt at David Lam.

Predictions for this week are NK, Douglas Park and Nomads win.
 

Therapist

Member
Sep 11, 2001
472
2
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Norvan JB's 3 Devils 2

It was gut check time last night for the JB's. Some questionable reffing, horrible misses and the JB's found themselves down 2-0. With 25 mintues left the JB's dug deep and scored 3 for the win. I don't think I've ever seen so many divers on one team as I did with the Devils last night.

With the amount of rain we're getting I hope Adanac is closed for this Sunday's tilt vs NK. I would hate to have the pitch decide the game.
 

FCbytca

Member
Sep 22, 2004
400
2
Tokens
7
Dirty Money
100
adanac would still be better than freakin champlain hights, you should have seen that pos on sunday, it was ok for the begining but the second half was hilarious, everyone wuz just freakin slipin, i wish i had a cam corder....
 

Devils Advocate

New Member
Sep 1, 2005
26
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
watcher said:
NK rant #1....Green Devils signed, sealed and delivered by our old friends............................. the JB's. Personally the Watcher feels that the Nomads (who while being unbelievably fortunate, showed great fire in the worst of conditions to steal "I mean really steal" a point from NK) will finish ahead of the wannabe Devil Worshippers who will end up being nothing more than fifth place middle of the pack also rans. Its going to be nice to see their faces when they come to that realization after the NK tilt at David Lam.

Predictions for this week are NK, Douglas Park and Nomads win.

personally the watcher is a retard who obviously should stay standing in the sidelines and shut up.As that is exactly what your name suggests.the only reason why you slag us is because you know that we outplayed ye in the match and ye dont like that and cant accept it,well to be fair your coach did.all yere talk about going unbeaten has gone down the drain,all yere talk about winning the league easy has gone down the drain and as we speak all yere talk about getting promoted is going down the drain,ye can talk the talk but obviously just cant walk the walk.
 

Devils Advocate

New Member
Sep 1, 2005
26
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Therapist said:
Norvan JB's 3 Devils 2

It was gut check time last night for the JB's. Some questionable reffing, horrible misses and the JB's found themselves down 2-0. With 25 mintues left the JB's dug deep and scored 3 for the win. I don't think I've ever seen so many divers on one team as I did with the Devils last night.

With the amount of rain we're getting I hope Adanac is closed for this Sunday's tilt vs NK. I would hate to have the pitch decide the game.

the referee was not very good for both sides,the penalty was borderline at best for us i admit but after that he gave every decision yere way,it was so frustrating,ye had two good chances in the first half which should have been goals and played the ball around well,JBs have a strong midfield,to say that we have a lot of divers is a bit harsh in all fairness,JBs have a tendancy to go through a player especially defenders and give away a lot of fouls,JBs deserved their win although to lose the game by an own goal with one of the last kicks of the game was sickening.
 

bonefish

Active Member
Jul 26, 2001
843
111
Tokens
1,147
Dirty Money
100
If we had given up that goal I am sure I would have had the same feeling...wait, I did throw-up Monday night but that was due to some bad-ass Crab Fettucinni from Sunday night...
We are usually a more physical team and at some positions have a pretty good size advantage. The worst part about the calls was the affect on the flow of the game. Finishing has been a problem for a squad for most of the year. Our goal total should be easily 15 goals higher. We have also had a lack of "lucky bounces". Had that ball came through the defender there were 2 JimBeam players, one on each post who would have had a crack at it.
In my estimation, your organization was better than what NK put forth in our first game with them. It seemed that you were having trouble using all of the players on field effectively.
 

mickster

Member
Aug 15, 2001
395
1
Tokens
1
Dirty Money
100
Another key factor in the JBs - GD game was the subs. Once we got that lazy ass Therapist off and the stellar Bones and I on the game turned for us:wa:

Look forward to NK this weekend as well as seeing the results of the other big games this weekend. Hopefully the weather man is good to us all.
 

Keeper

New Member
Jul 3, 2001
5,512
3
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
bonefish said:
Finishing has been a problem for a squad for most of the year. Our goal total should be easily 15 goals higher.
What a coincidence: you've had 15 touches this season, no?
 

Devils Advocate

New Member
Sep 1, 2005
26
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
bonefish said:
If we had given up that goal I am sure I would have had the same feeling...wait, I did throw-up Monday night but that was due to some bad-ass Crab Fettucinni from Sunday night...
We are usually a more physical team and at some positions have a pretty good size advantage. The worst part about the calls was the affect on the flow of the game. Finishing has been a problem for a squad for most of the year. Our goal total should be easily 15 goals higher. We have also had a lack of "lucky bounces". Had that ball came through the defender there were 2 JimBeam players, one on each post who would have had a crack at it.
In my estimation, your organization was better than what NK put forth in our first game with them. It seemed that you were having trouble using all of the players on field effectively.

i agree,we were unable to keep possession of the ball for long enough,i believe that the surface played some part in that but also our inability to pass the ball on the night.we couldnt get players on the ball enough but i think that had a lot to do with how the JBs midfield played.i think the JBs stopper was nearly twice the size of our goalie,
 

undefeated

New Member
Dec 10, 2005
18
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Devils Advocate said:
personally the watcher is a retard who obviously should stay standing in the sidelines and shut up.As that is exactly what your name suggests.the only reason why you slag us is because you know that we outplayed ye in the match and ye dont like that and cant accept it,well to be fair your coach did.all yere talk about going unbeaten has gone down the drain,all yere talk about winning the league easy has gone down the drain and as we speak all yere talk about getting promoted is going down the drain,ye can talk the talk but obviously just cant walk the walk.

my dear devilette, what are you watching. you can't play with us so you should be proud of the point you got. after this weekend and after taking care of JB's I hope your english a$$ can cool off and realize that this is a two horse race and you're a distanced 4th...:wa:
 

bonefish

Active Member
Jul 26, 2001
843
111
Tokens
1,147
Dirty Money
100
undefeated said:
after this weekend and after taking care of JB's...
Hey coach, Looks like the Adnac SE is closed for the weekend. Would you and your team care to make a trip back to Confederation Turf on Monday night to set the record straight? It looks like it is open.

ByTheWay, Devils Advocate is not English or was that a piss-take? Either way, expect a vociferous reply.
 

bonefish

Active Member
Jul 26, 2001
843
111
Tokens
1,147
Dirty Money
100
bonefish said:
Would you and your team care to make a trip back to Confederation Turf on Monday night to set the record straight? It looks like it is open.
A Premier Team has been given the time slot so you are off the hook...
 

Devils Advocate

New Member
Sep 1, 2005
26
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
undefeated said:
my dear devilette, what are you watching. you can't play with us so you should be proud of the point you got. after this weekend and after taking care of JB's I hope your english a$$ can cool off and realize that this is a two horse race and you're a distanced 4th...:wa:

thanks bonefish,i am indeed not english and i count myself lucky not to be!how did you know i was not english bonefish??and me vociferous??i think not!!

oh damn i really wanted to play with ye,not!you would swear ye play to a decent standard or something,i take it you havent played to a higher standard than this obviously?and why exactly should we be proud of a point we got against the third best team in division 2 when we should have won easy??
 

Oggy

New Member
Oct 31, 2004
335
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Devils Advocate said:
why exactly should we be proud of a point we got against the third best team in division 2 when we should have won easy??
Third best team in Division 2B, you mean. Their ranking would be in the double digits if you take the whole division...
 

Oggy

New Member
Oct 31, 2004
335
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
There was an extended whinge posted here, but after further game cancellations were posted on the Excellent Site, it is no longer relevant. Disregard.
 

Konk

Member
Mar 25, 2005
163
10
Tokens
12
Dirty Money
100
Oggy said:
Third best team in Division 2B, you mean. Their ranking would be in the double digits if you take the whole division...

Agreed. 2C has been called the weaker division a few times on this site and I have to say, in my opinion, it's not true. SPH, from what I understand is a merger between 2 already strong teams- they'd be at or near the top in any group. Kosova, Bombastic, and Yaletown are also good teams. In 2A, the top 3 teams- Signmaster, Belmont, and Burnaby consistently put up winning records, year in and year out. While 2B may be the strongest from top to bottom since mid-table teams (Nomads) and even bottom teams (ie Richmond) are capable of ties or even wins against top teams, that doesn't mean that there isn't quality in the other groups.I guess I'll put my money where my mouth is - I'm picking SPH to win the div2 cup.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
0
Dirty Money
0
TTP Dollars
$0
Top