Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter February, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated said:
Primo can't get their $hit together and I have called it along time ago.
Yes, I'm sure you saw "it" coming from miles away. Unfortunately, your alleged powers of clairvoyance are permanently betrayed by your jackass user name. :rolleyes:

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone cares, we beat the portuguese 2:2....they were lucky that our chubby forwards got tired towards the end. We had nothing but ball posession the last 30 min,but couldn't put them away after being down 2:0
On to our Yaletown revenge in the Cup

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You gotta feel for Portugal. From being a Div.1 team to finishing in the middle of the pack in Div.2. We played them twice and beat them by a combined score of 6-1. They certainly didn't play like a Div.1 team in both of our outtings. But I guess when you come down a division, you lose players who want to playup.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
If anyone cares, we beat the portuguese 2:2....they were lucky that our chubby forwards got tired towards the end. We had nothing but ball posession the last 30 min,but couldn't put them away after being down 2:0
On to our Yaletown revenge in the Cup
Good result for the Roos. As I mentioned after the last game, I'm sure this next one will be different when you guys get some players back (mainly a keeper). I certainly wouldn't predict a repeat of the 7-0, also because that is the ONLY game we have played since early December. :confused:
Not very happy with the scheduling department at the moment. :mad:

See you in Latteland...

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
GoldenGoose said:
Does the gender of the official matter?
If it's the woman I've seen ref games on a couple of occasions, she's generally quite competent. Certainly a cut above some of the myopic psychopaths the league has dished out to us in the past...

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Good result for the Roos. As I mentioned after the last game, I'm sure this next one will be different when you guys get some players back (mainly a keeper). I certainly wouldn't predict a repeat of the 7-0, also because that is the ONLY game we have played since early December. :confused:
Not very happy with the scheduling department at the moment. :mad:

See you in Latteland...

We are already looking ahead and past next Saturdays game. I am looking forward to playing our old enemies Richmond United FC in the round of 16
God is Australian, and he loves the Socceroos.
Please burn down the Danish Embassy if you are offended by it.

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Your cavalier comments have already bitten you and your team for 3ties and 1loss. I have different shades of the non-rose colored variety and I see a few suspect railway ties on your track to promotion...Don't look to far ahead and forget about the small stuff because "the Devil is in the details"

A typical GD response, all talk but no action. reminds me of another crowd at the north side that won one game in their field and think that they're world beaters...

hold your horses boys, your day will come, we have some unfinihsed business in the cup first before we pay our attention back to your wanna be clubs...

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated said:
A typical GD response, all talk but no action. reminds me of another crowd at the north side that won one game in their field and think that they're world beaters...
Yet again, the man's perceptiveness is astounding! I didn't think the news of Bonefish's multi-million dollar transfer had even left the JBs boardroom yet :rolleyes:

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 2 Primos 2. A fairly physical affair, with most of the play in the Primos end. The best player on the pitch was the Primos keeper. Several acrobatic saves, some point blank, kept the division leaders in it. It is amazing what a few extra players and apple crisp night at the home will do for 2B's senior contingent. I know the Rattler had issues with the ref. However, it was probably due to her obvious attraction to buffed out milk lovers like the Rattler. As Bonerfish has stated, the 2B race will be very interesting down the stretch ! I only hope that it doesn't come down to the typical lousy field conditions or crappy reffing to decide it. All three front runners defend well enough. It will come down to who can score....

Irish Lunatic

Feb 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated said:

hold your horses boys, your day will come, we have some unfinihsed business in the cup first before we pay our attention back to your wanna be clubs...

i like that comment "think that they are world beaters.."does that remind you of anyone undefeated you retard.

for your information bonefish is with the JBs,
you are some stones. once again you out do yourself. when everyone thought your comments couldnt get more stupid you come out with yet another classic. dont worry your not alone,seems to be a lot of people just like you in that racist team of yours.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Yet again, the man's perceptiveness is astounding! I didn't think the news of Bonefish's multi-million dollar transfer had even left the JBs boardroom yet :rolleyes:
Getting online is probably a stretch for this character...anyways...My half-brokendown bus isn't making any moves at this point. One thing to be said about Undefeated is that he is great for Group Play Parity by making sure everyone of their opponents leaves every effort on the pitch.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dr.j said:
I only hope that it doesn't come down to the typical lousy field conditions or crappy reffing to decide it.
Funny you should mention that. I remember a late season game a few years back on the oh so lovely Strathcona West where a handball by an opposing player took place just outside our 18. The offense was acknowledged by the ref but allowed to carry on. The shocked JB's collected themselves a bit too late to snuff out a goal mouth scramble and conceded a 85min tying goal and the knotted scoreline carried to the final whistle. Point Grey United won promotion by 2pts that year. Were you on that WK squad back then? :(

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The powers that be have informed me that teams with lots of games left to play, especially teams still alive in the cup, will be looking at playing double headers. Most likely Friday Sunday games as the VMSL only has fields till the end of March. So, if you are one of these teams, don't make any plans.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Bonefish I was. As I recall your centre backs were too busy yelling at the ref to remember that play was still going on. The ball was cleared out wide and then turned back over to us. You blocked the first shot and the ball landed between three JBs to the Knights version of Harold Ballard, Who easily scored. He had been on the field for about five minutes at that point. At least the dozen or so Point Grey players standing on the sidelines were happy. Funny thing is, he only played about 15 minutes against you in the other game that year and he scored two in that game. Ah the memories....

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown FC 1 - Primos 1

In a chilly Thursday night friendly at Andy Livingston Turf, YFC and Primos (with a keeper on loan from the home side) drew 1-1 in an injury-shortened match. Primos opened up the scoring less than 5 minutes in on a nice run by Primos speedy striker #9 who took advantage of some miscommunication by the YFC back line that allowed him to put the ball over our keeper. YFC equalized about 15-20 minutes later on a 6yd header off of a corner kick. Possession and the run of play was pretty lopsided after that in favour of YFC, although the primos did make some nice runs on the counterattack to keep things interesting and their back line generally held up well. Second half was generally more of the same. We had to stop the game about 15 minutes early to attend to an ugly ankle injury to our left back, and unfortunately it seems he'll require surgery and will be out for some time.

Cheers to the Primos for a good natured friendly. Special thanks go to the fella who helped attend to our injured player, it was much appreciated. Good luck to them in their quest to top the NK train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts