Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, Dec-Jan, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantastic - we've got a nice easy :eek: matchup vs Shaheen this Sunday on turf. No practice for over a month and a lot of beer fat to deal with. Should be an interesting game... :cool:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 NK Hrvat 1

We scored 23 seconds in which i think summed up the game from Hrvats side. they looked a comnpletely different team to the one we saw earlier in the year. Both teams had some rust showing but we eventually had it to 4-0 before they scored wioth about 5 left to break the goose egg. Apparently someone was saying their coach quit but they did not look at all ready to play today.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC 0-3 Yaletown

We left this one pretty late on the mudhole that is Strathcona West. Hit the post three times, their keeper made three superhuman saves, and it was still 0-0 with 15 to go. When the first goal finally came, UBC gave up all resistance. They've lost a lot of players since the last time we faced them (6 starters, according to their center back) and were a much poorer side, especially on defence. They did, however find a new keeper, who was Luongoesque in keeping his team in it for 75 minutes. This one could've been 7-0 easily on a better pitch with a little more luck. Outstanding officiating today, especially on the offside calls.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 4-1 C.A. Cobras

We started the game with 8 players. Funny thing is that we actually play pretty decent when we are short players. Anyways, 5mins in we get the first goal off a corner that is headed home. We score number 2 just before our 9th man steps on the field on a excellent effort by our our outside mid who outhustled a couple of defenders and slotted the ball home. We give a goal back on a poor clearance that looped up and over the defender's(me) foot and right into the path of a Cobra Forward who guided the ball into an open net. We get the 3rd goal not too long after on a quick break and pass that caught the Cobra defence sleeping. We get our 10th player just before half. 2nd half starts and we find the net for the 4th goal on a simlar play as the third. Cobras had some chances and we had a few more but the night ends on a happy note for the boys in blue who were full value for the win playing with inferior numbers.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We started the game with 8 players. Funny thing is that we actually play pretty decent when we are short players.
You guys did a pretty good job holding us for 75 minutes with 10 and then 9 guys. Perhaps you just had too many that day, and if you'd only had 7 you would've routed us;)
Looks like you managed to beat the blizzard, as well.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are actually thinking of starting games with 9 in a 4 - 4 formation and then slowly bring players on. :D We have played short against, NK, Bosna, Cobras(twice), Rangers, Yaletown and held our own. In the Bosna game we went up two goals short 2 players but then shat the bed once the full squad was on the field at half. Anyways, we get a player back from suspension next week and we have a new signing who looks good so we should be in good shape for Cup once I sort out goal keeping(Hopefully before next Sunday).

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 Bosna 1.

Ho hum game at holly last night. Bosna would have put 43 guys behind the ball if they could have. We had all sorts of ball territory advantages. They couldn't win any balls in the air so we just got balls wide across for the first 30 minutes. Finally scored and then a second 5 minutes later and it was game over. After our 3rd they still had 9 guys back. Their goal on a free kick straight into the net as our keeper i think had forgotten what he was supposed to be doing due to boredom and lack of work. We lost one of our forwards with a pulled mangina on our 3rd goal though. Mind you he has been playing witht he double hernia all year so i guess i can give him a break. But i won't.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aryana 1 Yaletown 0,

That can't be correct.

Can it?
Yep. I guess that's why we play football. They scored on their only chance right near then end when we were pushing up, and we missed our 15-20 opportunities during the match. They came looking for a 0-0 and got more than they could've hoped for. I don't think their back line ever stepped out of the 18-yard box, and their keeper had the game of his life.

Congrats to Rangers for winning the division, and good luck in the playoffs for promo. For us, time to start thinking about the cup...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I reffed Aryana last week and I'm guessing they have a WHOLE lot of new players since Christmas........they have some skillful players......and that doesn't surprise me......

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I reffed Aryana last week and I'm guessing they have a WHOLE lot of new players since Christmas........they have some skillful players......and that doesn't surprise me......
They were definitely much improved, but it was one-way traffic all the way and should've been 4-0 at the half if we'd only put in the best chances. We knew the league would be a race to the finish after losing to Rangers in the mudfight at David Lam, and we ended up having a really unfortunate evening tonight that handed the title to the Rangers.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 2-0 over PCOV. A stellar performance by their keeper kept this one close. To be fair PCOV could have had a couple themselves but for lack of composure/finishing. Same for the Knights. A 7-2 score would have been more indicative. Despite the weather, our home pitch was relatively decent. A few slippery spots in the high traffic areas was the only concern. Congrats to ex-coach Greg, formerly the Knights version of Harold Ballard, for notching # 150 career wise. Very gratifying I am sure considering the long and difficult road back from injury. The last few matches are huge for all three frontrunners in the 2C promotion race. Knights finish with GN on grass, Greenies twice and the always pesky Goo Boys.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 0 vs PCOV A 3 -
Playing short players really does bite. Almost as bad as that is playing on what passes for grass in January after playing Turf games for all but 2 of our games. Norvan started with 8 players and by halftime we were up to 11 players with a sub. Unfortunately, while we were at 10 players the prepared PCOV team buried 2 goals off near identical plays of a corner played short, ball is walked out and drilled home. Anyways, down 2 goals we make it to half make with our heads up. We make the one sub and begin a second half with the wind and the slight downhill advantage. This helps out as we begin to get more pressure but are unable to get that opening goal. We start pusing harder in the end and our back opens up for lots of PCOV chances but they fail to convert as do we. The scoreline if not the result would defintely have been different had we had a full team but the win was well deserved by a solid PCOV team.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the deal B.F.? It seems that most of your game reports this year have a "shorthanded start with guys showing up near halftime" theme. Was there a mass exodus between last year and this? The Knights also struggled with numbers at various times this year, especially at the beginning when injuries and family commitments were a factor. It certainly makes it frustrating to play knowing that odds are you would beat your opponent with a full squad. The more "veteran" a team becomes, the more important their liesure time becomes I suppose...

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a rebuilding year as we lost 7 starters and aside from some key injuries, there have been a few players signed that turned out to be duds(comittment). We have a pretty good core now but as I have reported, we are still about 3 committed players away from having what we need to play to our potential.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict todays game is postponed between the Knights and Greenies. Hillcrest is snow covered. What do I win if I'm right?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 7 C-lects 1

After a forfeit of their game to us they came out and played with 8 guys last night. Our usual 2 starting forwards were both suspended so we gave one of our keepers a run upfront. We never got interested in the game but it was never in doubt. full marks to the c-lects for working hard to the veryend of the game, especially their keeper who's hands may be blistered from so much work last night.

Well played by the league to count yellows in time for this weeks game. Nice to not really have to miss our 2 forwards presence in a game where the oppostion has 11 guys. Full marks to our man who went on a beer run during the game , picked up a chick, dropped the beer off and took the chick home. The man is a legend.

Onto UBC and a chance to clinch the "A" side next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0