Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2 CAT Results & Banter - March-April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, the infamous 47 year old centre back (who now has seen both Georgie Bests play) - but I liked the part about "good saves by the keep" all I got after the game was "your goals against sucks."

I too liked the 20 yard blast - beautiful. The 20 yard cross court volley "Georgie" mentioned was tragic, I could have walked out and cleared it; but the defenders decided to have a little tea party to discuss who would, before the big guy stumbled in and blooped it over me while I was serving the scones.

Georgie had it spot on with the peno though, who would have thought to call a foul on a defender in the far corner of the 18 when the forward is lying on the ground trying to shield the ball with his arm. Give the scotsman some credit though, I thought he hit it down the middle pretty good, I did get swing my purse back at it and couldn't quite keep it out, have to keep more makeup in there I guess.

Another year gone by, what tales to tell. Have a good summer all, maybe we will see you all at some Sportsman's League games on the Shore. Go Freybe! Cheers!

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was obvious that the sand on that horrible field swallowed my foot.

Huh, that's funny, almost as funny as your attempted header :D All joking aside though Devo it wasn't that bad........not nearly as bad as your Bambi on Ice routine in the second half :D :eek: :D Oh my god, you had us busting a gut on the sidelines, we love you man !!

Well done guys!! Congratulations on a great Season.

Cheers, Socceroos, it's been fun taking the piss out of each other all year hey ?!?!

Big Mac, Congrats on taking the league we were hoping to push into 2nd place

Thanks Stranger, and sorry to hear about you lot not being able to finish off the season.

Captain,

Where do you find those results ??

Cheers, mackers.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hummer- I think you were fairly accurate in your read of the game- I think both those through balls were as offside as the other shite he called-both ways-but as an aging back that's a chance I'm willing to take. It only really cost us 1 as I believe they didn't finish the other one but that was many beers ago. I do recall we beat them 3-0 in our first meeting with their full squad, but that their finish let them down as it does us- 2nd div baby! That said, we are an aging team with a decent strategy.

colemang- I'm 40, I just look 47 -although the other 3 backs are all under 30. Treachery is all I have left and the fact is old guys is all our squad has left to anchor the team-we're still 2nd with a game left- my friend Georgie was only being kind- there's no mercy on the back and he doesn't want to play back there :cool:

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy fcuk, I'm an idiot, I've never clicked on that link before, just been looking under the divisions for the updated scores :rolleyes:

As for the beard, it's a playoff beard, not shaving until we lose in the cup, sort of dumb considering I'm the only one on the team but I'm not stopping now, boy does the wife hate it and as much as she's cheering, she's also secretly hoping we'll lose next week ;)

Cheers, mackers.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hummer said:

The one Bomb goal was great. The left midfielder struck the ball from about 20 yards out and hit the top corner....great goal.

-Hummer

colmanj "I too liked the 20 yard blast - beautiful."

Ah the sweetness of it all. The goal was actually mine but when it is your one and only of the year it's best not to brag. OH I just did!! It was a cracker for sure. Cheers for the compliments.

It should be noted that I was playing ceter mid so maybe when it looks like I was an outside left it explains the leaky middle. Honestly I didn't think we were that poor through the middle other than the first 15 mins and then when we were pressing for goals we lost some shape.

1 more game to go and then to next year. One year older but one year wiser!!!

colmanj: Had you stayed later you would have seen me doing my "Georgie Best" impression. Brought on with 15 to go in our A game after a few pints unlike the real GB I could only manage to find the top of the crossbar rather than net.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
angryman,

the "infamous 47 year-old centre back" crack was directed at myself, definitely not at any youthful 40 year old! Just a response to Hummer's comment that he thought the goaltender was a defender from Wickham A.

It's an cruel world on the back line, no glory in taking on the other team's stars one on one all year long - you only get noticed when you're picking up your underwear out there. Even the goalies diss us when they have a bad game. But somebody has to stand up and be counted on back there, you sure can't leave it to old creaky midfielders with short legs and bad knees - unless of course you can swallow being beaten by double digits all year.

Here's to everyone buying their backs a round next time out!

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh-I get it!!

After the knees comes the alzheimer's eh! :p

The only thing is....I am an aging center mid-with sexy legs and good knees-just a bad ankle :cool:

Please-as you have said, everyone buy this back a round :wa:
because we have the 2nd best goals against in cat B.

Have a great summer colemanj!! Maybe see you in summerball??

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
angryman,

you sure can't leave it to old creaky midfielders with short legs and bad knees - !

Colemanj...How did you know I had bad knees????? and FYI...angryman was in the middle of the park for half the season so NO BEERS FOR HIM!!!!

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Colemanj...How did you know I had bad knees????? and FYI...angryman was in the middle of the park for half the season so NO BEERS FOR HIM!!!!

Angryman,

No beers for colemanj either...you have to work for your beer. :D Ah, just kidding old timer (Colemanj), I wouldn't want you to go into arrest. :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:

Cheers on a great season!!!

-Hummer

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:

Let's see- half would be 8 or 9 games- I can only come up with 3 at the most-that's why we have so many ties Georgie boy! :cool: and no beers for me for at least 4 or 5 days :eek:

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, I love the middle of the park - you can yell at both the forwards and the defence all game. No beers for anyone when I'm in there!

Cheers!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
angryman said:
Let's see- half would be 8 or 9 games- I can only come up with 3 at the most-that's why we have so many ties Georgie boy! :cool: and no beers for me for at least 4 or 5 days :eek:

Who is this no beer drinking for 4-5 day imposter posting as "Angry Man"??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

We don't have to have that conversation. If we had 2 of our 3 centre half's at all of our matches allowing you to partner with myself with a little mix of Alex playign the way he did for part of the last matches then you could rub 3 of those draws right off the sheet.

OK....here's the goal Angry Man. I more year together next year and then we can be moved out to pasture and converted to one Angry Cenre Half and one Play Making dazzling right back!! But not till we have had one full season in the middle of the park to show the youngens what can be accomplished with excellent possitional play!! The fact that we can't run farther than 20 yards has nothing to do with it!! :knvb: :knvb: :wa: :knvb: :knvb:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
can somebody explain the idea behind div 2 cat to me? Is it basically the same level as div 2 or are you guys in training to become div 2 players.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's about playing in a Club system. Players in this division could be 'called up' to either a Div 1 or a Premier team.

Not sure why you have difficulties understanding that concept. Ok, yes I do.

:D

amazing_hands

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Regs do you think a div 2 cat league is beneficial then? When I was playing in div 2 cat many moons ago and got my call ups I still found the actual 2 cat a waste of time. No promotion to play for and winning your side really does nothing. It's pretty much play and wait for cup play and hope to get into the provincials I found with the 2 cat.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A League Title is a League Title, we were pretty proud of our guys for winning it, and I think that they were pretty pleased with the Championship. The fun is in the playing, I think that they enjoyed both the season and being part of the Wickham club. I don't recall anyone thinking it was a waste of time.

But was finishing 2nd in Div 1 a waste of time? Is anything but first place and promotion a waste of time... now when I look back on my 25 years in the VMSL I see a largely wasted youth... no beers for you amazing hands!

Beerz on Saturday for Stew though, looks like it is shaping up for another soggy one out there lad - see you on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0