Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2/3/CAT CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastvan

Dec 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk Hrvat 2-0 Westside

Westside came out quick but Nk stayed calm and kept it 0-0 at half. Nk Hrvat keeper made afew nice saves early in the 2nd half and Nk popped a pk and header in with about 15 min to go. Good game to watch. Goodluck to Nk Hrvat the rest of the way.

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach , thats great, remember the rules:

1. 5000 word minimum
2. Gentle Racism about why Anglo-Saxons suck at soccer
3. Remarks about why your team was the largest underdog in VMSL history, but were nevertheless able to overcome profound adversity and emerge victorious, like a modern day David vs Goliath
4. No less than 5 irrelevant Youtube videos
5. Maximum Smugness - Once you complete your 8th draft and are ready to post, follow these steps: Step 1: Ask yourself: "is this post smug enough?" Answer = no. Step 2: Edit post, and return to step 1.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, don't forget to preview next round matchup vs GN.

I wonder how big of an underdog you will consider yourself this weekend......

BTW, you are still a prick. Regardless if you write any reports or not.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

1. 5000 word minimum
3. Remarks about why your team was the largest underdog in VMSL history, but were nevertheless able to overcome profound adversity and emerge victorious, like a modern day David vs Goliath
5. Maximum Smugness - Once you complete your 8th draft and are ready to post, follow these steps: Step 1: Ask yourself: "is this post smug enough?" Answer = no. Step 2: Edit post, and return to step 1.

Penguin. I am really hurt by this post. Many of my best friends, colleagues, and almost all of my significant ex-girlfriends were born in the UK. I do have great affinity and familiarity for the people of the UK. Perhaps this is why I take some liberties when it comes to their football and traditions.

I am also very grateful that they invented football. Having said this, I really wish that they could win a bit more... It is really not my fault that they have NEVER become champions of Europe or that they only won the World Cup once (...ehem.. with help of the referees), nor that England has never produce a FIFA World Player of the Year or that they always lose on penalties. These are all facts and not my opinion.

Perhaps at the end having invented the game hurt England as the influence of rugby has not allowed them to seem beyond their initial vision of the game.

I do hope that one day they can beat Germany in a meaningful competition. Trust me. I was sick of my ex-girlfriends complaining about how they could never beat Germany.

fingywaggle

Sep 28, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like we have a new team to beat in the cup with campo beating the former "favorites to win the cup".

Campo beats cup favorites. Campo are now cup favorites. I only hope for the sake of the game the rest of the contenders can keep it close against the powerhouse that is campo.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@soccercoach.....the powerhouse that is Campo plays heavy underdog GN next round. Any prediction?

After you beat the giants Burnaby Metro, would you consider yourselves the odds on favourite? Or will you pretend to be humble you arrogant clown :finger:

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Venue for Meraloma AC vs. FC Serbia still to be decided, but the league website suggests either Connaught Park or Empire. I had expected Trillium (Meraloma's usual rainout venue), but I suppose it's booked up solid by the ankle-biters with Babysitting FC and Soccer Moms SC. The little brats are always making a nuisance during the last 20 minutes of VMSL matches there. :punch:

Lots of rain forecast for Wednesday through Friday, so I can't see it being played on the Connaught muck. Best get my passport out for the trip to Empire.

Or I could be a lazy cnut and go to Jericho or Point Grey instead. Decisions, decisions... :facepalm:

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money

1. 5000 word minimum

This was amazing made me laugh... brilliant stuff

fingywaggle

Sep 28, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some interesting games this weekend. Wouldn't mind some banter leading up to them. Top half of the draw is stacked. Bottom half looks like Vancouver strikers to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0