Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Division 1] Results & Banter - Oct. 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot believe people are complaining about the current trends in these threads. Division one is quickly becoming a bastion for important information that I was never privy to in the past. For example:

- I had no idea ebonics were prevalent in "T-town".
- I had no idea what "T-town" was, or where it was located.
- I had no idea Sandman was some sort of local soccer Svengali, in an Indo-Canadian-George-Steinbrenner-Cathay-Pacific kind of way. I always thought he was a towel boy for Coach K. Or worked at a bank or something.
- I had no idea Keeper was a goalie. Although his TTP handle makes waaaay more sense now.
- I had no idea cubic zirconia was cheap. This gives me incredible leverage in my lawsuit vs. Zales.
- I had no idea star pimp was so articulate. You would figure a star pimp (or even just an average pimp) would thrive using ebonics, like those guys from T-town. But no.
- I had no idea "ur" means "you're" or, possibly, "your". I just assumed they were all referring to Uranium. This was until I remembered the Periodic Table utilizes the symbol "U" as opposed to "Ur" to represent Uranium in the Actinide Series. So, for a while there, I still had no idea what "ur" meant.
- I had no idea Fastshow had secretly re-registered on TTP under the username "Hemi". Well played, Ian. Well played.
- I had no idea that Indo and Akal merged. Even though we played Indo/Akal in the Burnaby Lake tournament. I do admit I spent most of that game watching Sapperton vs. AFC on the other field. It was just a better game. Anyways, this div.1 thread put it all together for me.

So, in closing, I urge everyone to keep the dream alive, give it 110%, take it one game at a time, bring their "A" game, take it to the next level, play within themselves, overcome adversity, thank the almighty lord and savior, show a lot of resiliency, feel the momentum swinging, give the fans their money's worth and try to avoid unnecessary sports cliches in keeping these div.1 threads continually interesting.

informed,
-sensei.

ps - I had no idea Smallsy plays for Westside.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

Fair play to you for your efforts to keep the Div 1 threads alive.

I haven't posted as I haven't seen anything remotely interesting to respond to. I've been lurking a lot and completely turned off, like the Captain.

As I am not playing currently, and probably won't be until the new year, I perhaps do not feel as involved as in the past. Lomas have not won yet, so I haven't had much to be happy about.

But the intellectually stimulating conversation in here sure isn't sucking me in.

I'll stop complaining now....but for God's sake let's get these Div 1 threads back to the quality of a year or two ago.

Bring back:

Jags
Gaffa
PGR Goodtimes
Lawts
NO2
Captain
Fastshow
Bandcamp
HardBallz

etc.

That team would piss all over these other muppets in terms of posting quality.

Daz :p

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dickhead,

Let me explain...the point I was trying to make is that the caliblre was a hell of a lot better back then, OK?

Of course they aren't playing in Div 1.

Thanks for coming out anyway.

Daz :D

p.s. I forgot Jinky

I never thought I would see the day when I missed him and Fasty.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You do realise that it was the likes of Fastshow, Captain Shamrock, and Jinky that wanted you banned from the site back then. In fact, if I remember correctly, it was you that was contacting me privately and asking me to make them stop from picking on you... Your complaints are hollow.

Furthermore, I still have copies of the emails you sent me way back when you were last banned from the site. Maybe if I post those in here, the quality and maturity would be acceptably raised for the likes of you?

Anyways, this has gone on long enough. If you or anyone else want to continue to complain, post in the appropriate feedback areas of the forums, not here.

So back on topic...

How about them Idiots? A plethora of wins and kids... could they be the Peg team of Div 1? :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever Regs.

:rolleyes:

It doesn't escape from the fact that these threads are piss poor these days.

So as site owner, suck it up and accept that.

Daz

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza and Confused

Dazza said:
It doesn't escape from the fact that these threads are piss poor these days.Daz

True. I noticed that the quality of posts decreased dramatically at 11:11 a.m. today.

Regs said:
You do realise that it was the likes of Fastshow, Captain Shamrock, and Jinky that wanted you banned from the site back then. In fact, if I remember correctly, it was you that was contacting me privately and asking me to make them stop from picking on you... Your complaints are hollow.

Furthermore, I still have copies of the emails you sent me way back when you were last banned from the site. Maybe if I post those in here, the quality and maturity would be acceptably raised for the likes of you?

Owwie. That's going to leave a mark! Nothing hurts more than the truth.

Dazza...if this site sucks so badly, you can a) create your own site and call it "Your Team Lost This Weekend Too? Let's Chat.com" or b) not post or visit here. It's not like you're not getting your money's worth since you've never ponied up any $$$ in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, CHEAP lurkers like you should have no voice.

As for things not being the same here as in previous years...
From what I remember from last year, the Div 1 thread was brutalized by posts from Larsson and Cgornski Fudballer or whatever its name was. The Lomas (all-star puppets like Dazza, No.2) would come on and tell us how they were robbed of points and deserved more points from abandoned games. I shouldn't piss on No.2...he's actually a decent guy. Meanwhile..the Idiots weren't as dominant last year but were bigger idiots. DCR's wankers have since moved to the Trollers, so they're not wanking here either. Wickham's poor results have left Filini with nothing to go off about. Boy I miss those posts. PCOV merged with Sporting's Div 2 team and haven't ruffled the feathers of anyone...yet.

By the way...since no one has mentioned this yet...Sensei, that was a TOP knotch post! Too bad you didn't make "Dazza's Top 10 Posters" list.

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BLAZE 1 - IRISH 1

Good game played by both teams - no chirpin, no chippiness, thats how it should b played.......both goals were good headers - ireland up 1-0 at half, we tied it with 25 to go, then owned them for the remainder of the game. they hung on for the tie - no disrespect to them , thats just how i saw it atleast.

Dazza you clown - how does it feel to get biched like that.keep up the terrible work.
out

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to Soca, Fiji thrashed City FC 5-1 or something like that. He also noted that Fiji looks good.

Keeper, I know you're moderating these threads and want to keep things on topic. Anyhow, since no one has started a thread for you (For the life of me, I can't figure out why!)...Happy B-Day.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
9-1-1.....actually I recently came close to forking out the $$$ to be a "premium" member...but given the recent decline on here....I believe I made the right choice.

WFC 3 Lomas 3

Great battle at Hillcrest today. Don't have time for a full report right now as the missus is chomping at the bit to go out for dinner...but I will do that later as it was asked of me by some RUFC members today.

Lomas threw this one away after leading 3-1 with 15 mins or so to go.

Credit to the Rangers lads for battling to the end.

Apologies about my ranting from the sidelines, but your #13 really is by far the biggest pussy I have ever seen in a soccer kit, going down like the sack of shite that he is every time someone breathed on him.

Daz :rolleyes:

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Olympics 1:3 RUFC

Ugly game with three quality goals from the Idiots (****burn, Revell and Patrick with a 25 yard screamer) - Not pretty but fcuk who cares - three more points in the bag and on to next week.

And yes before John starts chirping yours truly had a shocker with Frankie et al. megging me at will. :(

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PLAYBOI said:
BLAZE 1 - IRISH 1

Good game played by both teams - no chirpin, no chippiness, thats how it should b played.......both goals were good headers - ireland up 1-0 at half, we tied it with 25 to go, then owned them for the remainder of the game. they hung on for the tie - no disrespect to them , thats just how i saw it atleast.

Owned?

Pressured maybe, but owned, I don't know about that. How many times did you boys just hit it and hope forward? More then my two hands can count. :D However, playing defense, we humped it right back to you in the final 20.:rolleyes:

Like you said, a good hard fought game with no bullshit, looking forward to the away game.

Cheers,

Champ

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC 2 - 2 Lomas

Good battle at Hillcrest today between two evenly matched teams. WFC went up 1-0 at about the 25th min due to a missed tackle by yours truley. This Ranger team is sure fit and quick as they were overwhealming (sp) us with players coming thru the middle. We gathered our heads at half time and came out and popped three straight goals, which included a couple beauties by our right midfielder. Due to some shady defending, turnovers, and hard work by WFC, they came back and scored two in the last 10 to tie it up. (Something that should never happen at this level)

We have yet to see a full Loma squad which can only mean things will get better for us.....hopefully ;)

NO2

By the way where's the Captain????

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ginger tours said:
Vancouver Olympics 1:3 RUFC

Ugly game with three quality goals from the Idiots (****burn, Revell and Patrick with a 25 yard screamer) - Not pretty but fcuk who cares - three more points in the bag and on to next week.

And yes before John starts chirping yours truly had a shocker with Frankie et al. megging me at will. :(

Ginger don't be so hard on yourself...........I think he megged at least 5 of us during one of his runs :rolleyes:

A win is a win at this stage with our best not being there today and without numerous regulars I think we'll take the result and move to next week.

Cheers,

~P~

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure about the game No2 was taking part in, but ours ended 3-3.

I can't really comment on our goals, but the Loma's strikes went something like this:

1. Fcuking fish. Buddy comes down the right, leaves himself with no options but to shoot, so he smokes one as hard as he can without any sense of targeting ability. The ball is likely going to the far side for a throw-in, but as a pair of Lomas and Rangers sprint straight down the middle towards goal, the ball deflects off a chest, hits the far post and barely crosses the line.

2. Resulted from a unfortunate defending gaff. Fresh striker sub comes on, finds himself free at the top of the box, walks in alone, and slots it a foot and a half to my right. Clinical finish.

3. Resulted from a great display of individual skill. Cross comes across from my right to left, ball bounces once and buddy juggles the ball perhaps 2-3 times, turning The Ranger inside out and leaving himself at the top of the 6 with a full volley to rip up on the short side. Amazing finish. The Loma dude's grandkids will be hearing about it their entire lives. The Ranger's grandkids won't even know it happened. :D

It wasn't the result either team was looking for, but considering how we had to come back, it must feel like a loss for the Mermaids. Nevertheless, it was equally a let down for us considering that we were up at half but came back flat in the second and gave up the tieing goal early on. It was our game to lose, and we almost did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0