Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Division 1] Results & Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 1-0 Lobbans
Lobbans put on the pressure for about 20 minutes in the first half, but couldn't finish. Couple of oppurtunities up front for wickham were missed too.
Second half, Wickham picked it up a little, and scored half way through from a nice combination of passes on the right flank. 5 minutes later, a questionable penalthy was awarded to Lobbans. Their defender literaly beckhamed it. Wickham defended the lead after that and earned the 3 points.
Lobbans is got a solid back line, and midfield but lacks good strickers. They defend in numbers (7 guys sometimes), making it hard to score.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 2 - Polonia 2

A good result for the Blaze today as we were outplayed for most of the match and missing two key starters. We should have been up 1 man for 85 minutes as our striker was brought down in the box by their keeper after he cleanly put the ball past him on a full breakaway....he was tackled at the ankles and no call from the ref...pathetic. However, I believe the ref tried to make up for that blunder in the second half when Polska's #9 was fouled in the box and again, no call. 1-0 Blaze after 15 with a nice volley from RC that was placed bottom right. Polska tied it with 5 minutes left in the first on an absolute cracker from 25-30 yards out by #9. Polska took the lead with 20 left in the second on a questionable offside..a nice finish nonetheless. We played desperate for the last 15 minutes and tied it with 5 left on a nicely placed floater from 25 out.

Polska's goaltender is terrible. If we were to switch keepers today it would have been 4-0 Polska...I don't know if that is their regular guy or not but that was definitely their weak spot.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fillini
you guys had 1 opportunity to score and scored on it, which came from what looked to be an offside. Angelo did a great job today. How could you question the pk? You're #18 came in a bit reckless on our forward who always had position on him. 18's a good player, but he needs to play a different style of game inside the 18yrd box than he does outside it-no? I couldn't see you guys scoring all day to tell you the truth, but the big guy up front was certainly your trump card and proved to be a handful. Good finish on his goal. :( We all agreed it was time we fell fate to a game where we had all the chances to score and didn't yet ended up on the losing side. :mad:
I truly feel our game next week against N. Van is for all the marbles. You've got a good side, but your remaining schedule is a difficult one to say the least. Good luck with it!

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we had more then 1 chance. (we had a scoring oppurtunity at the end on the break away) But Maybe not as many as you. The pk was border line. The ref could have let it go.
Yes we do have a rough road ahead of us, and the division is wide open for all the top teams...

Inspector Blake said:
fillini
you guys had 1 opportunity to score and scored on it, which came from what looked to be an offside. Angelo did a great job today. How could you question the pk? You're #18 came in a bit reckless on our forward who always had position on him. 18's a good player, but he needs to play a different style of game inside the 18yrd box than he does outside it-no? I couldn't see you guys scoring all day to tell you the truth, but the big guy up front was certainly your trump card and proved to be a handful. Good finish on his goal. :( We all agreed it was time we fell fate to a game where we had all the chances to score and didn't yet ended up on the losing side. :mad:
I truly feel our game next week against N. Van is for all the marbles. You've got a good side, but your remaining schedule is a difficult one to say the least. Good luck with it!

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze rep, if it was that real big guy, I think blondish colur hiar than he is thier regular and absolutly horrible. Polonia would have won a few close games if it wasn't for him.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's results were fantastic for Westside. After yesterday's spanking, I feel much better with today's standings. Blaze's draw and Sarajevo's surprise win (you've got to wonder how Cliff Ave is holding up now :( ) keeps us in third with only Polonia with enough to pull ahead with their game in hand.

I bet Dazza is just killing himself to be able to TTP outta the Captain now.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I meant "would kill himself to". It is the first 'Loma win of the season, isn't it?

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Sikh Temple A 5 : 1 WFC Rangers A
Despite Temple going up two on a cheeky but very effective chip to the far post by Morris, we managed to come back and make it 2-1 by the half.

We did alright after that, and the play was a little more even after that. But eventually, Morris popped one in to go to 3-1, and we were sunk.

Morris? Was he playing? What number was he?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was hard to miss as he was the only white guy on the team ;) ......number 20 and playing up front.

Hard Ballz

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasnt daylight savings a while ago? cant someone change the clock in this fn thing.

2-2 BLAZE/ Polska

Good game both sides, some pretty dope goals scored. Cleaner game this time around too..ie: NO fights broke out... As BR1 stated, we got soooooo robbed by renee in the first 5 mins of the game, it wasnt even funny. our striker was put in on a clear-cut breakaway, went around the goalie, only to have his feet swiped out from under him- NO CALL.....re-attach your balls ref. I know it would have all but ended the day for polska 5 mins into the game, but that HAS to be called 100% of the time.

I thought we competed well, considering we were missing 2 starting centre midfielders.......looking at the schedule, were hoping to climb the table with a winning streak......
out

senior2509

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PLAYBOI said:
roobed by renee...re-attach your ball ref

Just coincedence... I just talked to Rene and he said that he wiill re-attach his ball when he see you ... next time, so look for it. Good luck :D

Senior

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid post Senior.

I have been looking forward for an idiot like you to say something as retarded as that, way to go buddy. Bla, blah, blah blah blah blah.

You are an idiot, and I believe that he re-attached his balls in your mouth. mhhhhhh good buddy.

Dith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0