Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Division 1] Results & Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The guys from Douglas going to DCR/Fiji are Rig and Moses and maybe Robby ( rumours ) as far as I know.

Hard Ballz

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hard ballz said:
The guys from Douglas going to DCR/Fiji are Rig and Moses and maybe Robby ( rumours ) as far as I know.

Hard Ballz

All three will help, as all of them bring speed and talent to the midfield and offence, you have watch Rigs play to see his speed and talent, he'll definitely help, but that will also mean more players on the bench and that doesn't help the ego's.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Rangers A 1 : 0 Norvan Primos

I thought Hallowe'en was last week -- today was quite scary for a while.

It wasn't so much that it was a crap game, just that we couldn't seem to hit the broad side of a barn. The first half was highlighted by our sweeper getting unceremoniously tossed after a retaliation.

Twenty minutes in the ball comes above my head at the top of the box; as I collect it, I leave myself vulnerable and their striker comes in straight on and at full tilt, dropping me on my ass. Our sweeper (non-TTPer, so no nickname), sweeps in and straight arms the dufus on his ass as well. Red for us, nothing for Norvan. Fcuking lame.

So, playing a man down we still did alright, but as I said earlier, we just could not hit the target. Chances were squandered everywhere, including a partial breakaway for May-Day, but nothing to show for it. After May-Day's miss I though for sure karma was against us and we would be the first to drop points to the Primos.

Finally . . . maybe 10-15 from the end . . . Maze smokes a rebound in from the fourteen or so. Relief is not spellied "R-O-L-A-I-D-S" anymore.

Best shout of the game, though, came in the second after Shasty McNasty was subbed in. After withstanding a few minutes of pressure from Primos . . .

Shasty: "C'Mon guys! Why are we constantly defending?!"

Maze: "We're playing with ten men!"

:D

I think even their team was chuckling after that.

FYI: Kinsmen is in great shape, but a bit soggy on the Northeast corner.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good summary Keeper - that guy Maze was well position for the deflection in the box. Unfortunate for us, fortunate for you. :( BTW, I thought our striker should have taken a yellow at the minimum for crashing into you, but your defender's red was deserved for throwing down our guy who was obviously embarassed about hitting you. If our striker had been in your face, then I would have said the "take down" was justified...

Oh well, on to the 2nd half of the season, the Primos are still looking for our first points, but for some weird reason feel more confident heading into the 2nd half than the first half. If that makes any sense.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
well said keeper although it looked like players on either side of the ball could not hit the broad side o' the barn.

chin up to #13 on your side the cleats in the chest were not intentional.

all in all the ref was consistently shocking to say the least.

on to the second half.

leechy tactics

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
26 games that were scheduled for Nov. 7th.............2 games left that are not postponed.......newton i understand.....turf....but i have to say i'm suprised that tamanawis is still free to play on. i think that tomorrows indo vs temple game might have a bit of a turn out if its not raining too bad......or it could just be the regular fans and everyone will catch up on nfl sunday

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay said:
Primos are still looking for our first points, but for some weird reason feel more confident heading into the 2nd half than the first half. If that makes any sense.

Teelay,

That makes no sense....

You are the worst team we have played against and I don't see you getting a single point this season..... Sorry.

benchboss

Nov 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well i guess im not the only one today that will be taking in the indo vs temple game. Should be a good one, i just hope i dont drive all the way there for the stupid ref to call the game.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i just hope i dont drive all the way there for the stupid ref to call the game.

Walker is the ref in the "clash of the cash" match today. So I am sure one of the teams is paying him enough to play it :D.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple and Indo played to a 1-1 tie. A pretty good game with lots of atmosphere on the sidelines. Congrats to Temple for making it one step closer to Premier.

Beckam

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo/Akal 1 Temple 1

Not a bad game for both sides. But have to give the nod to Indo/Akal. They just had so many chances and deserved the win. Questionable call by the ref on Temple's goal, hit the crossbar and went straight down did it cross the line can't say but from the way it bounced look like it didn't.

Player of the game: Surinder Jhanda

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the Indo/Temple game today. It was a good one. Indo definitely had one of their better games today and were unlucky not to get the 3 points. Temple battled hard and showed a lot of determination to come back and even it up. Some good chances at both ends, a couple posts/bars for both sides, and Temple was unlucky not to get a PK moments before they tied it. Personally I think Indo/Akal is just average without Ollie and JJ. Ollie especially was dominant for Indo today.

No2

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught the second half and thought Indo looked to be the better side. Not to mention their kit is first fcuking rate. Temple look content with defending and taking the point and for that were really lucky not to have given it away when that header was cleared off the line. I couldn't get over the amount of people there either. It must have been closing in on the 300 mark. The parking lot was down right comical.

I tell you I wouldn’t have wanted to be Walks today… goes with-out saying any day really, but to have that much.. how do I describe it, pride and passion on the sides as well as the park and no linesmen I thought he did a great job. Though he looked like a fcuking tit in that new wave ref gear though.

soca

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
indo/temple game was a good one.... both teams had there chances to grab the 3 points... temple goal was questionable.. indo lacking in the midfield

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walk's referee fees $50

Beer on the Temple sidelines $200

What Akal management must feel like after paying O.Heald, JJ, and Zico $600 for a tie.........

PRICELESS :D

Some things in soccer are for free....for everything else, there is the Akal chequebook.

What a game, with lot's of chances for both teams. As for the Temple goal, the ball did cross the line, and then came out. Walks was right up with the play(insert joke here) and had a good view of the goal. Walks did a really good job in the middle, tough job today with no linesmen and so much on the line.

Temple was a little flat the first half, but in the second half pushed hard. Akal had a few chances cleared off the line, and both teams could have scored a few more, but overall, a fair result.

Still a long season ahead. Yowen did an excellent job of marking Jason Jordon, while Leetchy Tactics worked hard to put some pressure on the Akal defence.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 1 Indo/Akal 1

Good summaries by all previous posts. Good game with lots of intensity, good quality tackles, and some awful finishing on our part. Having said that, it could have gone either way today, and yes given the circumstances Walks was first rate.

Lots of good individual performances on both sides, but a tie is a loss considering the position we have put ourselves in through the first half of the season. Dropping 8 points halfway through is way too many. We'll need some much needed help and have to take care of our OWN business to have any chance of catching Temple.

Gilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0