Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter Dec. 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesn't really compare. In the summer we take it easy, don't practice and distribute playing time evenly between everyone. The summer is all about having a good time and some beers after the game in the sun - while it is nice to win, results are a secondary concern. We also have picked up a number of players during the offseason. Which team did you play for in summer? (I'm not sure if we played Tuesday or Thursdays though, whichever was the second division's night).

Westside Rino.

Knowing that you were previously an FVSL Div 1 team, I was shocked how bad you were when we met in league play (We thumped you both times), but you guys had a significantly better showing against us in cup. I figured you'd be midpack in Div2 this year -- hardworking, but lacking in offensive prowess. I guess you've picked up some goalscorers now.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does your current squad compare to the Tuesday night team you guys had in the RRSL this summer?

Probably not at all, we were using a lot of CAT players in the summer, and even had a few new guys that just joined for the summer, and a couple guys hadn't played soccer for years. Our summer team was a last minute decision and no one really gave a shite, just wanted to get some footy in. Our cup game against you guys was good, if I remember correctly you guys got a great goal off a long shot out before our actual goalie arrived and then a late one once we'd more or less given up hope as we definitely lacked any offensive power.

Settle down Pal, Still lots of games left and things always change after the Holiday Break. As far as your slow start goes..... well that's the difference between good teams and you guys. (I'm sure your whole team and the Ref would agree that you guys dominated HNK)

Just stirring the pot. As for the slow start, I think thats the difference between teams coming back with the same guys, and teams coming in with a couple new guys and a new coach that doesn't know where guys like to play or how well they can perform.

Domination was obviously an overstatement, but I'd say we had control of the game from start to finish. As for where I play, I play on both teams depending on my schedule and coaches call, I did play against HNK. Don't be a stranger, unless your scared.

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know when the cup draw is? I can't tell you how much more fun this holiday season would be if I knew we were meeting up with TFC again soon.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino.

Knowing that you were previously an FVSL Div 1 team, I was shocked how bad you were when we met in league play (We thumped you both times), but you guys had a significantly better showing against us in cup. I figured you'd be midpack in Div2 this year -- hardworking, but lacking in offensive prowess. I guess you've picked up some goalscorers now.

Oh yeah. DAMN it was HOT that cup game! Lol, we were sweating just lying in the grass prior to kick-off! You young guys staying in shape over the summer... tsk, tsk :rolleyes:

Yeah, we have new players, a new coach, and it took a while to mesh. Hopefully we can finish the season strongly.

I cannot wait for cup play either Stuck (whether we play you or not, the cup is a lot of fun)... damn you are peeved about that loss! :p Sounds like it would be a good game were we to have a rubber match - at least you would be pumped up.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to cup this year too! Last time we were in it (2008) we knocked off HNK Vatreni (who were then called Burnaby Luchadores), and Squamish, before losing the qfinals to Desmesh.

This year there should be over 60 teams playing!

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot wait for cup play either Stuck (whether we play you or not, the cup is a lot of fun)... damn you are peeved about that loss! :p Sounds like it would be a good game were we to have a rubber match - at least you would be pumped up.

I hope we get to play your team again in the cup. We could use a good warm up before we deal with the good teams in the Quarter and Semi Finals. :wa:

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope we get to play your team again in the cup. We could use a good warm up before we deal with the good teams in the Quarter and Semi Finals. :wa:
I know our team would definitely relish a rematch after last season's cup match. Hopefully it all lines up correctly and our paths meet.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know our team would definitely relish a rematch after last season's cup match. Hopefully it all lines up correctly and our paths meet.

A horrible thing is coming your way way its getting closer day by day.
It is the top teams in div cat A for cup play!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
soccer mom, do you play on the div 2 team?

I play on either the CAT or our div.2 team depending on the weekend.

And yes, there are some strong teams in CAT A it looks like, and Richmond in Cat B was probably the toughest team we've played against. Cup play will be interesting....

Have a good Christmas everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0