Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter Dec. 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's because the only good team in Div II c this year is Desmesh.

025...while they are a notch above the rest in our group I don't rate them. Think they will struggle big time in Div 1. They have a good amount of skill and do possess the ball well starting at the back but they lack in the final third. They were easy to defend when in our end. They're also not tough enough for Div 1 - not even close.

To be fair, they have been the class of our group and will probably get promoted but I definitely see more points being had from these guys...as evidenced by the Sarajevo result today.

I found Sarajevo WAY more dangerous in our third than Desmesh. They've got a fast, skilled kid up front that was very hard to contain.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
025...while they are a notch above the rest in our group I don't rate them. Think they will struggle big time in Div 1. They have a good amount of skill and do possess the ball well starting at the back but they lack in the final third. They were easy to defend when in our end. They're also not tough enough for Div 1 - not even close.

To be fair, they have been the class of our group and will probably get promoted but I definitely see more points being had from these guys...as evidenced by the Sarajevo result today.

I found Sarajevo WAY more dangerous in our third than Desmesh. They've got a fast, skilled kid up front that was very hard to contain.

Thats a pretty accurate assessment. Our teams is built on playing solid defensively, and we don't give up too much. We were also alot more dangerous earlier in the year, but lately we don't have much upfront.

We were also missing a few guys against you, like the kid who scored our goal against Sarejevo. (kids lightning quick) Our game today changed when he got hurt and we had to sub him off.

And don't sweet talk div 1 too much, we played there 2 years and stayed up both times. This was when our team was all 18-20 years old. Any team going up will need to add some players, or else they don't stand much of a chance anyways.

025 what group are you from? I'd say every group is about the same this year. 2A has to be looked at as the strongest, with 3 teams basically in first. In 2C last year Squamish and Shaheen were 4th and 5th respectively. So I wouldn't say they are powerhouses.

I guess we'll have to wait for cup to see what group is strongest.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
025 what group are you from? I'd say every group is about the same this year. 2A has to be looked at as the strongest, with 3 teams basically in first. In 2C last year Squamish and Shaheen were 4th and 5th respectively. So I wouldn't say they are powerhouses.

I guess we'll have to wait for cup to see what group is strongest.

My belief is that group B is the most even. We may not have the top team, though HNK possess the uncanny ability to play JUST better than the opposition in almost EVERY game, but we also don't have the teams such as North Shore, STU, Zawisza, or Aryan FC. The Unicorns and Firefighters lose a lot, and they are no good, but they are not, in my opinion, on the same level of lack-of-quality as those teams.

We played the Ladner Rangers in two exhibition games over the course of a week just before start of season, and we kicked the piss out of them each time, and that was with our coach giving CAT players and our top-flight equal playing time just to get our game-boots warm. Yet they are almost mid-pack in Div.2C

Can't WAIT for the cup play so we can get it all settled.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And don't sweet talk div 1 too much, we played there 2 years and stayed up both times. This was when our team was all 18-20 years old. Any team going up will need to add some players, or else they don't stand much of a chance anyways.

No sweet talk as I was responding to a comment that you will do very well in Div 1 (not a comment you made). It's a big leap and I would never expect you guys to get sent right back down but I am assuming that you want to actually excel up there and push for promotion, no? If that is the case then there is quite a bit of work to do and toughness is a major factor.

Good luck the rest of the way!

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No sweet talk as I was responding to a comment that you will do very well in Div 1 (not a comment you made). It's a big leap and I would never expect you guys to get sent right back down but I am assuming that you want to actually excel up there and push for promotion, no? If that is the case then there is quite a bit of work to do and toughness is a major factor.

Good luck the rest of the way!

We still have alot of young guys (17-19 range) that are still learning and improving, and I don't think being promoted to Prem is a goal of ours at the moment. Unless the players we have develop very well, or we pick up some serious ringers, we won't be seeing premier any time soon.

Being promoted from Div 2 will be very hard this year, as only one team out of 30 goes up ( which is pretty crazy), so it's a stretch to say we will even be promoted anyways. As long as our team is improving and learning I think we'll be happy.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally forgot that winning your div didn't get you up. I expect you'll get out of 2C without much problem...and good luck from there.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally forgot that winning your div didn't get you up. I expect you'll get out of 2C without much problem...and good luck from there.

I remember hearing about that, but am not clear on how it works. How is promotion/relegation happening this season? Is anyone aware of if it will return to the usual format of the division winners move up next season?

denosana

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember hearing about that, but am not clear on how it works. How is promotion/relegation happening this season? Is anyone aware of if it will return to the usual format of the division winners move up next season?

Check VMSL website under important notice

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear lord, Div.2 is going to become a lot more solid next season. This would have been the season to try to make the jump up!

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSA Royals FC 3 - PCOV 'A' 1

PCOV notched the first goal of the match on what must be considered one of the best strikes of the season. It occured off a free kick layed off to their midfielder who struck the ball from 35+ yards out and scorched it off the crossbar and into the back of the net. TSA came back with 3 unanswered and then put on a clinic of how to shut a game down. PCOV had no meaningful chances after TSA's second goal, and TSA should have potted more but for lack of finish. All in all, an impressive victory.

There were two offsetting reds approximately 20 minutes? into the game. One of our players came in with a late challenge on a player who had tripped over a teammate, and another of their players proceded to shove our player to the ground as he got up. They were harsh cards, but not at all unexplainable - they were easily interpretible as letter of the law calls, and I viewed it as good game management, as it quickly squashed any afters for the rest of the game.

In summation, a huge victory for the TSA, espcially in lieu of Yaletown's loss to Bosna. With 16 of a possible 18 points collected from our past 6 games we have to be considered one of the hottest teams in Div. 2. Will it be enough to counter the absolutely shocking 0-4 start to our season? Now if only HNK could pull off a loss as well.

Are you joking? the red cards were a complete joke as was the ref. Basically TSA has a couple players that have no business being on a soccer pitch because all they do is drop shoulders into people on a regular basis. The only thing that those red cards did was save a few of the TSA players some broken bones because had number 13 stayed on the field he definetly would have sorted a few of those boys out.

3 unanswered goal...LMAO.. PCOV scored an own goal to tie the game up for TSA then that "Fantastic Ref" who should stick to youth soccer gave them a 2nd goal by not calling an obvious offside (which TSA coach agreed was well offside) TSA can take credit for the 3rd goal which really was the one that broke PCOV's spirits.

All in all PCOV played like crap and deserved to lose but come on guys lets tell it like is.

Cheers

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you joking? the red cards were a complete joke as was the ref. Basically TSA has a couple players that have no business being on a soccer pitch because all they do is drop shoulders into people on a regular basis. The only thing that those red cards did was save a few of the TSA players some broken bones because had number 13 stayed on the field he definetly would have sorted a few of those boys out.

3 unanswered goal...LMAO.. PCOV scored an own goal to tie the game up for TSA then that "Fantastic Ref" who should stick to youth soccer gave them a 2nd goal by not calling an obvious offside (which TSA coach agreed was well offside) TSA can take credit for the 3rd goal which really was the one that broke PCOV's spirits.

All in all PCOV played like crap and deserved to lose but come on guys lets tell it like is.

Cheers

Don't recall calling him fantastic, I don't recall saying anything about how he reffed except that those reds were by the letter of the law. Either way, I doubt 13 would have sorted much out - talk is pretty cheap. As for the red cards, read the law book (or just watch some of the premiership), and you would realize that 13 was definitely warranted a red. You cannot just shove someone over as they are getting up.

And as I said, three unanswered goals. Not our problem you guys scored on yourself. I thought the second goal was offside as well, but according to my brother he claims he was on (though I still disagree, and think he should get his perscription checked) and he was the leading striker in the college league, so he isn't a clueless dingbat. Either way, that is the risk that is run all the time while playing without AR's. If you look at my previous posts, I am often horrified by the offside calls made during games without AR's but I do realize that it is extremely difficult without them.

In all, I agree with you though - PCOV played like crap, and it showed in the scoreline.

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't recall calling him fantastic, I don't recall saying anything about how he reffed except that those reds were by the letter of the law. Either way, I doubt 13 would have sorted much out - talk is pretty cheap. As for the red cards, read the law book (or just watch some of the premiership), and you would realize that 13 was definitely warranted a red. You cannot just shove someone over as they are getting up.

And as I said, three unanswered goals. Not our problem you guys scored on yourself. I thought the second goal was offside as well, but according to my brother he claims he was on (though I still disagree, and think he should get his perscription checked) and he was the leading striker in the college league, so he isn't a clueless dingbat. Either way, that is the risk that is run all the time while playing without AR's. If you look at my previous posts, I am often horrified by the offside calls made during games without AR's but I do realize that it is extremely difficult without them.

In all, I agree with you though - PCOV played like crap, and it showed in the scoreline.

Pushed him down as he was getting up? Maybe you should ask your player what happened because you obviously weren't watching. I do agree with one of your points though talk is cheap so I'll end this garbage until the next time the two teams meet.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually 13 staying on would have made a difference as playing 11 vs 11 would have benefited us more than 10 vs 10 considering we had 2 subs on the night and you guys were training for a marathon.

From what I saw 13 didn't push the guy after he was getting up so the red was crap. And the second goal was a mile offside (I'll let your bro borrow my glasses next time) and that kind of deflated us and the third goal sealed it.

I'll give you guys one thing you were the first team to outplay us this year...well done on that part. Expect a different game if we play again in the cup and have a few more players.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually 13 staying on would have made a difference as playing 11 vs 11 would have benefited us more than 10 vs 10 considering we had 2 subs on the night and you guys were training for a marathon.

From what I saw 13 didn't push the guy after he was getting up so the red was crap. And the second goal was a mile offside (I'll let your bro borrow my glasses next time) and that kind of deflated us and the third goal sealed it.

I'll give you guys one thing you were the first team to outplay us this year...well done on that part. Expect a different game if we play again in the cup and have a few more players.

I believe having 13 on the field would have made a difference, he was running your back line - all I said was I doubt he would have "sorted" anyone out as your other player claimed. As for the offside, not sure why I would need glasses when I too thought it was off - maybe you need some new spectacles to assist you in your reading? All I said was that someone who was actually in line with the play claimed it was on.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
moving on....

My scoreline wasn't that off this past weekend having a 2 goal advantage for the Royals over PCOV. My scientifically proven formula predicts a 3-1 win for the Royals against HNK under the Friday night lights. It's gonna be a hot one boys.

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If NHK has a full squad they should have no problem beating TSA. I'd be suprised if TSA even scores a goal in that game however you never know with the way these games are being officiated.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
HNK averages about 2 goals against every game (23 goals in 12 games), and TSA scores about 2 every game (23 goals in 11 games) so I don't think it's that far fetched that TSA will score a goal.

Whether they win or not is a different story. HNK has won every game but one, by a single goal.

Either these guys are lucky, or they make some timely/untimely plays ( break a tie, let up a late goal)

Should be a good game.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If NHK has a full squad they should have no problem beating TSA. I'd be suprised if TSA even scores a goal in that game however you never know with the way these games are being officiated.

Someone sounds a little bitter over their loss still :knvb:

This is definitely match of the week though. As mugjamari says, HNK allows a lot of goals, and we have been in hot form. 2 goals in our first 5, followed by 21 in our last 6. I too predict a win for TSA, but I feel it will be 3-2. :bronco:

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone sounds a little bitter over their loss still :knvb:

This is definitely match of the week though. As mugjamari says, HNK allows a lot of goals, and we have been in hot form. 2 goals in our first 5, followed by 21 in our last 6. I too predict a win for TSA, but I feel it will be 3-2. :bronco:

You're damn right I'm bitter wouldn't you be if you lost your first game by two goals, one being an own goal and another being an offside? Also I'm not disagreeing with you about your team being "hot" right now however as far as skill and talented players goes HNK has you beat hands down. I hope you beat them because it would only benefit my team so with that said. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0