Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that it is fair to say that DPR had several good chances in the first half for which the keeper made several excellent saves. I thought that DPR easily controlled the game in the first half and although it was more even in the second with PG pushing forward to get into the game, we deserved the win.

The first goal is still under discussion for whether he meant it or not. The second was a great header from a corner and the third a great strike (not a screen shot). I can't think of too many decent chances for PG.

The ref was comical. The big guy with the bald head and tache. 2nd yellow for DPR (2nd yes, first one no) and two straight reds for PG at the same time. The guy trying to run through people, yes. The other one, probably not. although he said an elbow was raised. All in all it was a good win for us against our old rivals. although with the new players for DPR and the many mergers for PG I don't think that it can be called an old rivalry.

Yeah I would say you guys deserved the game on the 1st half alone. That makes 2 weeks in a row for us with absolutely pathetic performances. Can't afford those showings the next 2 weeks, but all teams go through ups and downs ... just looks like we're at the bottom of our game right now. It's Division 2 soccer - no surprise we all suck from time to time ;)

British Bulldogg

Oct 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarajevo game was good. They have signed a few players that started in prem last year hence the resurgence and good string of wins. Out classed and out matched Squamish.

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC 4-1 Yaletown; Polonia 2-1 MYB

Complete and utter domination from UBC in the opening minutes, netting 3 goals in the first half hour. UBC keeper was sent off midway through the first half with the score 3-0, for taking down a player on a breakaway and Yaletown scored on the ensuing free kick. UBC continued to carry the play for most of the match, even with 10 men for three quarters of it. Yaletown had a few chances via the counter attack, but struggled in handling UBC's quickness and ball movement. Hate to say it, but the officiating was absolutely shocking. Many missed fouls and offsides. The red card was fair, but the play looked to be offside and should have been whistled down before the foul occured.

Did not watch the MYB/Polonia match very closely (it was at same park as UBC-Yaletown match at the same time), but it looked like the same old story for the Panthers: a couple of very talented players and many diving artists. Nice win for Polonia.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard word that GN has been playing illegal (youth) players ... forged permissions from the kids (non-GN) Metro squads ... nice to see that some things never change! :rolleyes:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, you are correct that the kids don't sign the forms. It's their youth team and youth league that must do so. I assume those are the signatures Bollocks is claiming are forged.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm... Finskars playing for Muckerlomas? Has he and his Edgar Davids goggles displaced 025 and his amazing whiteboy 'fro?

It's a fashion revolution at Connaught Park!

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two game reports.

PGR 0 - 2 HNK
They didn't offer too much in attack but potted two goals off of giveaways and took advantage of our poor finishing. Our keep did make a great save one on one. We were a bit more organized than them on the day but we couldn't muster any possession into goals. A lot of familiar faces on this team and I can see why they're tops right now.

PGR 1 - 3 Wickham
We started off quick and confident and maybe we should have scored early in the game, but against the run of play, a clearence from their end skims off the top of our D's head and on to the path for their striker to put it away. 10mins later they go up two as their striker tries to go by our D but after ping ponging the ball of a couple shins, the ball gernerously bounces to their other forward and he pots a goal on a breakaway! We score on a scrambly one in the 2nd half and with 20 to go, one of our D's gets a chance to tie but misses from about 4 yards out with the net wide open! They come down the field and get a weak penal call. 3-1. Kudos to their defence as they don't give much up. All in all, chances were limited for both sides.

happy holidays.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
gn 0 - 1 club punjab....club punjab get their first win of the season against indian rivals GN. what happen to GN on this night ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0