Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
My prediction is that Norvan and Greencaps will beat you, Meraloma you may possibly tie if you get lucky. I also predict you will be nowhere near promotion when season comes to a close.

There is tremendous motivation and pleasure in being the underdog. There is no fear in our side. It is not like last year, and those three teams, like GN in the first game, will be fearing the pain and agony of defeat. We have nothing to lose, but they do...
An error on their part and their chances of promotion will be gone. Looking forward to every minute of those three games.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things I'm concerned about this week:

1. Training the new guy at work and getting him up to speed
2. Having to get the carpet cleaned after the cat pissed on it
3. Got to buy milk, only enough left for one more bowl of cereal
4. Fearing the pain and agony of defeat to Campo
5. Hanging up the drying

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

5. Hanging up the drying

Let's go greencaps

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is tremendous motivation and pleasure in being the underdog. There is no fear in our side. It is not like last year, and those three teams, like GN in the first game, will be fearing the pain and agony of defeat. We have nothing to lose, but they do...
An error on their part and their chances of promotion will be gone. Looking forward to every minute of those three games.

Have you been watching Braveheart recently? Are you William Wallace? This is some melodramatic shite right here

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

kcjerk.0.gif

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

5. Hanging up the drying

oh well.... I hope that new guy at work is up to speed, the carpet is clean, and the trip to the supermarket got done...
Now you have to deal with the underdogs motivated to end your three game clean sheet and ending your promotion. Bring it on...
Ps. By the way, I assume that you will be wearing Green. You can text us if there is a different colour. Cheers, and good luck. Our team is really look forward playing you guys and giving you a good fight.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh well.... I hope that new guy at work is up to speed, the carpet is clean, and the trip to the supermarket got done...
Now you have to deal with the underdogs motivated to end your three game clean sheet and ending your promotion. Bring it on...
Ps. By the way, I assume that you will be wearing Green. You can text us if there is a different colour. Cheers, and good luck. Our team is really look forward playing you guys and giving you a good fight.

Well i can kill that motivation straight away by telling you that we conceded a goal last game. It sounds like you've been to the Brendan Rodgers school of management, I can only imagine what your team talks are like, sick buckets at the ready!

Good luck and see you tomorrow and yes we'll be in green.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Atletico 2 - Greencaps 1
The guys played with the hearts on their hands and outplayed the heavy favourites... Report after Halloween celebrations...
I do not see the Greencaps getting promotion after this.

Lager_General

Aug 13, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snipers 4-Tano 2. Snipers went up through a break away. The next 30 minutes Sniper FC 's tactical shape and lapse in concentration allowed Tanoa to score two goals. One was a deflected shot from outside the box, while the other was a one- on- one. Second half, Snipers regrouped, kept possession and exploited Tanoa's slow defence. A penalty, set piece header and another well executed counter attack put the "Islanders" to the sword.

18to18

Oct 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting to see how things are shaping up almost halfway through the season. Greencaps are losing valuable points and Tanoa paying players hoping for promotion seems like it's going to be a waste by the end of the season. Big game tonight for NVFC against Meraloma and next week against GN.

Predictions for top 3 at the end of the season?

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Atletico 2 - Greencaps 1
The guys played with the hearts on their hands and outplayed the heavy favourites... Report after Halloween celebrations...
I do not see the Greencaps getting promotion after this.

I'm not quite sure where all this David and Goliath stuff is coming from..... but none the less it was a really good game, short on chances but high intensity and good physical challenges going in all game. Could have gone either way at 1-1 but it's always distracting and a bit off putting when the other team are playing with their hearts on their hands you know....

Finally got to meet 'the Macedonian ref' though and if that's what $70 gets you then fcuk me that is criminal. Without a doubt the worst referee performance Ive ever seen right from the first whistle. By the 60th minute his head had completely gone and did his best to ruin what could have been an even better game.

Cool As Ice

Nov 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach Not sure why you keep talking about favourites.. Just the other week you were ranting on about how your team has a good chance to be promoted this year. It seems you're using the underdog thing as a way to come up with an excuse if and when you do lose..

I'm glad how competitive Div2 is this year and that every game can go in any which direction, makes it for an interesting season. As for Tanoa, I saw their game this weekend, and as it was pointed out earlier, the atmosphere of the players is pretty poor. You'll notice them turning against one another as soon as they go down. I think simply for that reason, the prem players ego will be what drives them out of Div2 and back to premier. Money will buy you players, but it won't buy you a team!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greencaps 1 - Campo Atletico 2
On a beautiful sunny afternoon, Campo Libre managed to defeat the heavily favoured Greencaps by the score of 2 to 1. Hence the aspirations of promotion for the Greencaps are seriously compromised with the loss of these 3 key points.

The game started into a relatively even manner, and it seemed that the men in Green assumed that it was going to be an easy walk from the park, but this certainly was not the case. After the 10th minute mark, Campo managed to control the game, and the Greencaps saw themselves chasing the ball most of the time, and only occassionally were able to put more than four passess together as they would quickly lose possession.

Early on on the game; Campos midfielders started to connect with the forwards with ease. A penetrating pass between the central defenders led to a one on one with the keeper. The forward is ready to finish, but the desperate defender runs over our forward. A clear penalty, but there was no call. This was the first warning. After a nice build up and another pass that split the defense, the forward connects well with the ball outside the penalty box. It hits the crossbar and into the ground. The second forward makes an bicycle kick and the ball seems to be into the net, but it was just an illusion. It went just above the crossbar. After this and the fact that the midfielders were outskilling the Greens (i.e. like 6 nutmegs); we knew that the game will be won. It was a manner of patience, and yes indeed the first goal came quite easily. Our winger received the ball; beat the defender and made a nice gentle cross to the penalty spot. The midfielder finished it without problem. Everything had so fast that the keeper just stayed standing in shock. 1-0 to the delight of the bench and spectators.

During the second half, the Green as expected launched more attacks and pressed. We retreated to defend the lead, perhaps a bit to much. They did not had serious chances at all. However, they were quite fortunate. A ball bounced badly from one of the wingers. The Green player it seemed to kick by inertia with a back spin. The keeper sees it and think that it will be doing a regular trajectory and go above the crossbar, but this was incorrect. The ball goes up, but drops fast with the spin and the keeper does not stop it. An unfortunate surprise because the ball seemed to go out of target.

After the tie, we go back to a more possession oriented soccer, and it pays dividends. The Green are getting frustrated with the score and foul to disrupt possession. A particular ball foul let to a superb cross. The ball made contact with our player who headed it to the penalty sport. The forward was just waiting for the ball and put it on the net.

The last 20 minutes, the Greenpas pressed for the equalizer, but they could not find or generate the answer. It could have gone 3 - 1. for several occassion and the Greencaps escaped to recieve a few more goals.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squamish came down to Vancouver today with only 12 players, but they are a very solid side, and #10 in particular in the midfield was a handful. If they can pick up a couple more good players to increase their depth I think they'll be able to stay in the top half, and take points off anyone in the group.

As for the game, we had what we thought was an early lead when our striker took a sharp angle shot from the edge of the 6, which the keeper parried across the goalmouth and our left wing streaked ahead of his marker to finish, but it was called back offside. The weather caused a bit of havoc with a lot of overplayed passes from both teams, so most of our chances were coming from set pieces. In the end it was a free kick from wide right in the dying minutes that lead to the winning goal as it was headed back across the goalmouth and then converted off the crossbar and in. A bit of relief as it was starting to look like a scoreless match was inevitable, but another 3 points gives us a solid 22 points from 8 games. Definitely the best start to a season we've had in recent memory.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greencaps 1 - Campo Atletico 2
On a beautiful sunny afternoon, Campo Libre managed to defeat the heavily favoured Greencaps by the score of 2 to 1. Hence the aspirations of promotion for the Greencaps are seriously compromised with the loss of these 3 key points.

The game started into a relatively even manner, and it seemed that the men in Green assumed that it was going to be an easy walk from the park, but this certainly was not the case. After the 10th minute mark, Campo managed to control the game, and the Greencaps saw themselves chasing the ball most of the time, and only occassionally were able to put more than four passess together as they would quickly lose possession.

Early on on the game; Campos midfielders started to connect with the forwards with ease. A penetrating pass between the central defenders led to a one on one with the keeper. The forward is ready to finish, but the desperate defender runs over our forward. A clear penalty, but there was no call. This was the first warning. After a nice build up and another pass that split the defense, the forward connects well with the ball outside the penalty box. It hits the crossbar and into the ground. The second forward makes an bicycle kick and the ball seems to be into the net, but it was just an illusion. It went just above the crossbar. After this and the fact that the midfielders were outskilling the Greens (i.e. like 6 nutmegs); we knew that the game will be won. It was a manner of patience, and yes indeed the first goal came quite easily. Our winger received the ball; beat the defender and made a nice gentle cross to the penalty spot. The midfielder finished it without problem. Everything had so fast that the keeper just stayed standing in shock. 1-0 to the delight of the bench and spectators.

During the second half, the Green as expected launched more attacks and pressed. We retreated to defend the lead, perhaps a bit to much. They did not had serious chances at all. However, they were quite fortunate. A ball bounced badly from one of the wingers. The Green player it seemed to kick by inertia with a back spin. The keeper sees it and think that it will be doing a regular trajectory and go above the crossbar, but this was incorrect. The ball goes up, but drops fast with the spin and the keeper does not stop it. An unfortunate surprise because the ball seemed to go out of target.

After the tie, we go back to a more possession oriented soccer, and it pays dividends. The Green are getting frustrated with the score and foul to disrupt possession. A particular ball foul let to a superb cross. The ball made contact with our player who headed it to the penalty sport. The forward was just waiting for the ball and put it on the net.

The last 20 minutes, the Greenpas pressed for the equalizer, but they could not find or generate the answer. It could have gone 3 - 1. for several occassion and the Greencaps escaped to recieve a few more goals.

Despite only having, i think 3 shots on target and 4 in total, after reading that it sounds like you were extremely unfortunate not to win 15-1. Definite promotion favourites now though and i wouldn't be surprised to see a Campo Vs Barcelona Champions League Final in May too at this rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0