Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes were decently physical with the odd snide cnut here and there, technically good on the ball but just didn't really pose much of a threat or look like scoring for some reason. Any other scores from today?

Also, do any other teams play in green in 2A seeing as though the VMSL refuse to put this information on their fantastic website?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes were decently physical with the odd snide cnut here and there, technically good on the ball but just didn't really pose much of a threat or look like scoring for some reason. Any other scores from today?

Also, do any other teams play in green in 2A seeing as though the VMSL refuse to put this information on their fantastic website?

Hey Greens,
What happened in the game? I saw at some moment a brawl in there. You seemed to had a good game, because the other team did not look easy to score.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

Campo Atletico 5 - Astro 0. Astro has now 4 losses in a row, but they are not a bad team. They pressed well and created good attacking opportunities. They hit the post once. However, once in a while they make easy errors and get tired and demoralized towards the end. I have seen this pattern in their games.
First goal, the goalie literally handed the ball towards the striker, who could not believe his luck and blasted into the net.
Second goal, a good build up and a combination of the strikers that resulted in the striker finding himself alone in front of the net with only the keeper standing. Easy tap into the net.
Third goal, a breakaway and the striker chipped over the goalie very well.
Fourth goal, crossed on the ground and the defender did not clear it. The striker just had to kick the ball into the net.
Fifth goal, a very nice display of skill by the striker. Dribble past the defender. Beat the goalkeeper and with very small angle rolled the ball into the net.
Four goals in the last twenty minutes.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a transformed and expanded club. New management structure, coaching, and organizational capabilities. A few guys still remain from the original foundation from several years ago.
It is all relative with respect to the decent start. It is actually sub-optimal start. GN tied on extra-time after an error in concentration, and the game with the Twin Arrows should have been won (i.e. 75% possession and about 20+ shots on goal, but none in). Thus, 4 points lost without necessity. My sense is that the way they are playing (holding possession and finishing i.e.5-0) they could beat NVFC storm, and most of the rest. Only Tanoa and Snipers might be above as I have not seen them play. However, superior teams can be beaten with the right tactics and strategy.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superior team in Div two. Most guys just want to play drink beer and roch a bit. Not many would like more. Ante-Up knows how to do all that and still do good. Coach it's all about fun.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a transformed and expanded club. New management structure, coaching, and organizational capabilities. A few guys still remain from the original foundation from several years ago.
It is all relative with respect to the decent start. It is actually sub-optimal start. GN tied on extra-time after an error in concentration, and the game with the Twin Arrows should have been won (i.e. 75% possession and about 20+ shots on goal, but none in). Thus, 4 points lost without necessity. My sense is that the way they are playing (holding possession and finishing i.e.5-0) they could beat NVFC storm, and most of the rest. Only Tanoa and Snipers might be above as I have not seen them play. However, superior teams can be beaten with the right tactics and strategy.

LOL Campo for promotion? you have played 3 of the teams at the bottom of the table. I wouldn't rush to say you would beat most of the teams. I saw a bit of the GN game and it seemed GN had about 80 percent possession and looked like they were completely dominating you guys, don't know how they ended up tying.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL Campo for promotion? you have played 3 of the teams at the bottom of the table. I wouldn't rush to say you would beat most of the teams. I saw a bit of the GN game and it seemed GN had about 80 percent possession and looked like they were completely dominating you guys, don't know how they ended up tying.
Yes, Stringer, it is a bit ironic that a team that avoided relegation last year until the very last game, it is now having a similar performance to GN. The guys really applied themselves during the pre-season and have turned things around. They have conceded one goal, and are still undefeated. GN tied on extra-time

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanoa FC Vs Rich FC Olympics got cancelled as the ref didn't show up also Snipers FC won against Campo Atletico by score of 2-0. Snipers FC went down to 10 men from about 40th minute when the game was still tied at 0-0.

soccer8

Jan 19, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
This happens way too often referees not turning up for games how does this keep happening?this years div 2a and 2b looks very compeditive big wins for snipers and greencaps alot of good teams in div 2 all round making for a good season. Also results for games very slow at going up this year....

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This happens way too often referees not turning up for games how does this keep happening?this years div 2a and 2b looks very compeditive big wins for snipers and greencaps alot of good teams in div 2 all round making for a good season. Also results for games very slow at going up this year....

Rino's 4 Gastown 2

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Stringer, it is a bit ironic that a team that avoided relegation last year until the very last game, it is now having a similar performance to GN. The guys really applied themselves during the pre-season and have turned things around. They have conceded one goal, and are still undefeated. GN tied on extra-time

Hey Soccer Coach, turned things around losing to a team with 10 men? I tried telling u that you had only played the bottom of the table minus GN.

Oct 16, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Soccer Coach, turned things around losing to a team with 10 men? I tried telling u that you had only played the bottom of the table minus GN.
The teams in div 2A that will be battling it will be green caps tanoa gn and nfvc and maybe ac GN look like they are on a hot streak right now and if they keep it up i would not be surprised to see them back in div 1, however, it is going to be tough for all of these teams as they all wanna be in div 1

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The teams in div 2A that will be battling it will be green caps tanoa gn and nfvc and maybe ac GN look like they are on a hot streak right now and if they keep it up i would not be surprised to see them back in div 1, however, it is going to be tough for all of these teams as they all wanna be in div 1

Div2 (b) is more competitive than Div2 (a) exactly like last year for many different reasons: Just compare Squamish FC + America to Astro and Twin Arrows that came up from div3. At the same time compare Harps to SW Eagles that are called Burnaby Selects this year who came down from Div 1 and were allocated among the two sections of div2.. In general Div2(a) table will be divided to 5+7 teams when Div2(b) will be more like 8+4 top to lower teams. I even think the last 4 in div 2(b) are stronger than the lower 7 teams in Div2(a) combined and you will see them stealing points here and there from teams competing for promotion.

This means grabbing the first spot in Div2(a) is more difficult because there is not much left for margin of errors and is a poor comparison model of Spanish La Liga vs English premier league where in Spanish La Liga usually (maybe with an exception of this year) only 2-3 teams compete for championship however English Premier league has 4-5 sometimes 6 teams battling hard for most of the season.

Div2(a) will be between Tanoa FC and Snipers FC while having Green-caps as the wild card option. Div 2(b) will be more intense and we will probably see lots of upsets and surprises through out the year and therefore is still too early to predict.

Last edited:

georgeybest7

Oct 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greencaps are overated just play big boot can't string 4 passes together, gn and tonao are the teams to beat, hurricanes had a bad start will be interesting to see them going forward after playing the top teams in the first few weeks. Lastly campo seems overly confident and yet to play the big boys. The table will constantly be changing this year

Oct 16, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
tanoa$$$ will ovbs be a contender with big signings like milad and robby, sometimes hard work beats talent :dead::wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0