Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
tanoa$$$ will ovbs be a contender with big signings like milad and robby, sometimes hard work beats talent :dead::wa:

I heard Milad and Robbie are going back to Prem teams in a couple weeks. 2 games in hand that are 2 postponed matches that will probably be made up at the end of the year. I just don't see Tanoa moving up if those 2 leave.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Milad and Robbie are going back to Prem teams in a couple weeks. 2 games in hand that are 2 postponed matches that will probably be made up at the end of the year. I just don't see Tanoa moving up if those 2 leave.

You heard from who that they were heading back to Prem?

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma 1 - 0 Greencaps

Poor game on a poor field, tiki taka football it was not!

First 25 mins we had them pinned in their own half and had a few good chances in and around their penalty area but didn't make their keeper work. The remaining 20 mins they came back into it but it was really a whole lot of nothing, not really much in the way of chances for either team. The 2nd half followed the same trend until about 15 mins when they scored with a breakaway and a decent finish. We pushed and switched things up but never really looked like scoring and if anything they played the better football the last 15 mins and looked more likely to hit us on the break away as we threw people forward.

Decent set of guys though, probably because a few of em are English! As disappointing as the result was, it was nice not to played a bunch of bellends for once (if we forget the red cards a minute before the final whistle)

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanoa 1 - 2 Astro from the excellent site.

Can the real Astro please stand up, please stand up? You're effing up my 'pickem' stats.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been busy the last 10 days, as we have expanded to a third team...... I will try to catch up tonight with reports and rankings, and other news.

I watched the game of Norvan and Punjab Hurricanes. It was very even play. However, Norvan scored first with a superb free kick. It was a rocket to the top right corner. If the result holds, then Norvan will become the leader with only one loss. In my opinion, they are not a vastly superior team that most teams in the division. However, they can capitalize very well in the opportunities that they generate.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snipers 2 - Campo Atletico 0.
This was a disappointing result for our guys, but the team that fought the hardest got deservedly the three points.

Campo had an unusual start. The regular goalie could not make and substitute is not available, and about half of the team was delayed for a variety of reasons. Snipers pressed very hard since the beginning and with success disrupted our build ups and possession. They got most of the ball on the first minutes, but they could not penetrate effectively.
Around minute 10th, Snipers lost possession due to an error of the midfield. A quick counterattack ensued. The forward dribble around the defense and from the top of the box had a good shot. The keeper barely touched it with the fingers and hit the crossbar. Very good save.

Around minute 20th, a similar situation. This time down the wing. The winger passes the defender, a nice cross. Midfielder controls the ball and volleys it to the post. It rebounds, and the forward can not connect well. It could have been 2-0 for Campo.

Around minute 30th, a free kick for the Snipers. Very well placed on the box. Their player rises above everyone else and heads it well. We thought it was going in, but it barely went over the bar.

The game became very physical quickly. Both teams wanted to win, and there were a lot of late tackles. Tempers start to rise.
After a corner kick one of Snipers looses his senses and punches one of our players. Straight red. No doubt about it.

This was a curse. I could see many of the players taken the game for granted.

The Snipers defend very well, and actually pressed very cleverly and selectively. After a free kick conceded to them (the hard tackles continue), the ball is crossed on to the box. I guessed the player that we put in net thought that it was easy, because he tried to punch it, but completely fumbles the situation and the ball ends rolling into the net. We can not be hard on a player who was on net a decade ago.

Our players tried very hard and had about 4 clear chances that were not capitalized. One an open net, but the ball hit the ground with a back spin and went back to the keeper.

Campo gets a free kick (the hard tackles continue both ways). The ball hits the wall, and we get a 2 v 2 situation. Their forwards are very fast. One passes both defenders with the ball and makes a nice square pass to the other runner. An easy finish.

Not much to complain. The Snipers deserved to get the three points.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Atletico 2 - Serbian White Eagles/Burnaby Selects 0

This is not the same team that I saw with the Greencaps. They are almost all adults and decent players for division 2. We do not want to make the mistake of last game. The guys get prepared well. The first 20 minutes the game goes according to plan. We control possession and create several chances including hitting a cross bar.

By minute 40th patience starts to run out, as the ball is not on the net. We make some substitutions. They make the game very interesting. They play 4-2-4. This makes the game very fluid and it becomes and give and go that it is actually entertaining to watch because any possession lost in our part becomes a very dangerous counter in their end. We are forced to have a straight back line of 5 defenders. Finally, their players get tired. A goal kick. We start the slow build up. Switch the ball through the midfielders. The wing has space and moves forward. A cross to the penalty spot and a nice header to the net. Finally 1-0.
They continue to press and it is not only the 90th minute that the 2nd goal comes from a counterattack.

Overall, a very pleasant game to watch. No hard tackles and creative soccer on both sides. I do not see this team to get relegated with these players.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanoa losses to Astro. Interesting, Campo beats Astro 5-0 with no problem. Perhaps,Tanoa is not a contender for promotion after all with two early and easy losses. The next three games are key for us. A test of the new Campo team. We will be facing Greencaps, Norvan, and Meraloma. This makes a interesting soccer month for us. I am confident that the guys can take points away from all the three teams. Please bring your predictions.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week #6:

Well written match report Soccer Coach. I would give your report a 90% grade and that is because I never give 100% ;).

It is finally a good news for the VMSLeague to have Campo Football organization back on the right track again. After few years of decline Campo Atletico shows they are placed under a promising care and vision. I noticed that Campo recently joined CAT and that indicates they want to give everyone a chance to play while creating more depth to their squad.

I watched about 75 minutes of the game and I couldn’t agree more that the early red card helped the 10 men side (Snipers FC) more as players got more focused and determined when Campo players took “the game for granted”. I guess these are the beauties of the sport we love since anything is possible.

Week #7:

I am glad I don’t have any money on these games because I would’ve lost it all considering so many surprises this weekend at least on my books. Unexpected wins for Bombastic, 13th Legion and Euro FC in Div2(A) so far. Also valuable 3 points for Astro, Meraloma and GN sporting.

I should mention the decision to decrease Div 2 teams from 30 to 24 is working out for VMSL. The quality of the games have improved in the past two years comparing to previous years when we had 3 groups of 10.

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanoa losses to Astro. Interesting, Campo beats Astro 5-0 with no problem. Perhaps,Tanoa is not a contender for promotion after all with two early and easy losses. The next three games are key for us. A test of the new Campo team. We will be facing Greencaps, Norvan, and Meraloma. This makes a interesting soccer month for us. I am confident that the guys can take points away from all the three teams. Please bring your predictions.

Probably wouldn't be breaking out the ticker tape parade over that one, most of the Astro starting 11 was away for Thanksgiving weekend. Kudos for celebrating every goal in that particular game like you'd scored the winner in the world cup final, though.

Also - Tanoa's attitude straight up stinks, their star mercenary berating his own player for going down injured on Saturday and at one point told one of his own players to not pass the ball to anyone else but him. Good luck getting anywhere dealing with that poison on a weekly basis

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please take no offense on the celebrating. It is just a cultural difference. It is the same if it is the world cup or the game on the street.
Your team played very well considering that it was the bench. Look forward to the next one with the full squad.

As for Tanoa, it is no surprise what you describe. Like the Tigers/Rino experience showed; openly paying a few high caliber players eventually back fires.
By the way, the Punjab Hurricanes beat Norvan. Whao! This makes things exciting.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for Tanoa, it is no surprise what you describe. Like the Tigers/Rino experience showed; openly paying a few high caliber players eventually back fires.

Rino's do not presently, and have not ever to my knowledge paid players to play.

Tigers may have in the past, but many of last season's players chose to leave, perhaps since we are managing the team this year and don't pay. I know that one actually is now playing in your club, so maybe you know more about his salary demands than me.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see that I was not explicit. I did not meant to say that Rino pays players. (Tigers seemed to pay players to get promotions, but when they joined your club; the cash stopped and the players left). The same will happen with Tanoa if they are using cash to get promotions.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's do not presently, and have not ever to my knowledge paid players to play.

Tigers may have in the past, but many of last season's players chose to leave, perhaps since we are managing the team this year and don't pay. I know that one actually is now playing in your club, so maybe you know more about his salary demands than me.

I am not saying what you said about Rino's is incorrect ,however, Rino's management should have known that they were accepting Tiger's history and reputation when they decided to join them.

Soccer Coach I think you should've said "Ayjal Tigers" experience instead of "Tigers/Rino experience" to be fair.

Oct 16, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

no wonder you guys are sitting bottom last in prem

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

My prediction is that Norvan and Greencaps will beat you, Meraloma you may possibly tie if you get lucky. I also predict you will be nowhere near promotion when season comes to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0