Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is way too early to count any of the upper teams out of promotion race as only max 36% of the season has been completed for most of them.

Soccer Coach, in regards to Greencaps I guarantee you, assuming they don’t improve and stay at their current shape for the rest of the season, they will finish top 3. ( FYI I am in no way associated with Greencaps but have seen most the teams play in 2A this season).

Greencaps have an important match coming up against the non defeated group A leaders this Friday and if they manage to come up with a victory they will totally be back in the promotion run with only 2 points behind the first position. GN team has a very solid Goal Keeper however, their offence mostly knows only one way to score and that is using their very tall centre forward and his hight advantage. Greencaps have good quality centre backs who are very experienced and capable in the air so I predict a difficult weekend ahead of GN sporting club.

A “W” for the men in green could make up for disappointments they have had recently and that’s nothing but a positive news for the competitiveness level of the group.

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greencaps 1 - Campo Atletico 2
On a beautiful sunny afternoon, Campo Libre managed to defeat the heavily favoured Greencaps by the score of 2 to 1. Hence the aspirations of promotion for the Greencaps are seriously compromised with the loss of these 3 key points.

The game started into a relatively even manner, and it seemed that the men in Green assumed that it was going to be an easy walk from the park, but this certainly was not the case. After the 10th minute mark, Campo managed to control the game, and the Greencaps saw themselves chasing the ball most of the time, and only occassionally were able to put more than four passess together as they would quickly lose possession.

Early on on the game; Campos midfielders started to connect with the forwards with ease. A penetrating pass between the central defenders led to a one on one with the keeper. The forward is ready to finish, but the desperate defender runs over our forward. A clear penalty, but there was no call. This was the first warning. After a nice build up and another pass that split the defense, the forward connects well with the ball outside the penalty box. It hits the crossbar and into the ground. The second forward makes an bicycle kick and the ball seems to be into the net, but it was just an illusion. It went just above the crossbar. After this and the fact that the midfielders were outskilling the Greens (i.e. like 6 nutmegs); we knew that the game will be won. It was a manner of patience, and yes indeed the first goal came quite easily. Our winger received the ball; beat the defender and made a nice gentle cross to the penalty spot. The midfielder finished it without problem. Everything had so fast that the keeper just stayed standing in shock. 1-0 to the delight of the bench and spectators.

During the second half, the Green as expected launched more attacks and pressed. We retreated to defend the lead, perhaps a bit to much. They did not had serious chances at all. However, they were quite fortunate. A ball bounced badly from one of the wingers. The Green player it seemed to kick by inertia with a back spin. The keeper sees it and think that it will be doing a regular trajectory and go above the crossbar, but this was incorrect. The ball goes up, but drops fast with the spin and the keeper does not stop it. An unfortunate surprise because the ball seemed to go out of target.

After the tie, we go back to a more possession oriented soccer, and it pays dividends. The Green are getting frustrated with the score and foul to disrupt possession. A particular ball foul let to a superb cross. The ball made contact with our player who headed it to the penalty sport. The forward was just waiting for the ball and put it on the net.

The last 20 minutes, the Greenpas pressed for the equalizer, but they could not find or generate the answer. It could have gone 3 - 1. for several occassion and the Greencaps escaped to recieve a few more goals.

This match report is nauseating

Sounds like the Greencaps were lucky to escape without losing 20-0

Bet you guys celebrated all those nutmegs too. I mean it's probably in your culture after all

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do any of the pundits have any information on GasTown or Vancouver Strikers? Not much spoken about 2 teams near the top of 2B.
Not much information only the odd rumour here and there. Both are pushing for promotion, but it seems that Gastown has thrown the towel already. They are already 8 points behind and demoralized or fractured without coaching support. The Strikers have good players and still trying to catch up Rino. However, as I said it is just people saying things here and there. It seems that the battle there will be between Rino and the Strikers, but Rino has the upper hand.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is way too early to count any of the upper teams out of promotion race as only max 36% of the season has been completed for most of them.

Soccer Coach, in regards to Greencaps I guarantee you, assuming they don’t improve and stay at their current shape for the rest of the season, they will finish top 3. ( FYI I am in no way associated with Greencaps but have seen most the teams play in 2A this season).

Greencaps have an important match coming up against the non defeated group A leaders this Friday and if they manage to come up with a victory they will totally be back in the promotion run with only 2 points behind the first position. GN team has a very solid Goal Keeper however, their offence mostly knows only one way to score and that is using their very tall centre forward and his hight advantage. Greencaps have good quality centre backs who are very experienced and capable in the air so I predict a difficult weekend ahead of GN sporting club.

A “W” for the men in green could make up for disappointments they have had recently and that’s nothing but a positive news for the competitiveness level of the group.

Thank you for the post.
1) We agree that a win for the Greencaps is important to keep a more tight and interesting competition in the group. Otherwise, GN is starting to gain a nice lead. If the Greencaps do not take some points; then who else can bring them to a halt? Farquea: try to forget about our game and get back into the next one. We are cheering for you.

2) We also agree that the Greencaps are likely to be among the top three or four at the end. They play well for the division.

3) The issue that we seem to disagree is promotion. Although they have good play and skilled players, with all the respect, the current loss does affect their chances more than what most people think. They appear on 3rd but many teams are short one or two games. Their points/game ratio puts them on 5th place. It is a matter of probability; they can not afford another loss and tie (which is very likely to happen over the next 12 games-- I am sure that Campo can beat them or tie them again and the same for the Snipers). No team will get promoted with 4 losses and a tie (i.e. very unlikely). Just following by numbers, GN and Norvan are the ones with the better chances of promotion (GN has no losses and has a healthy ratio of goals scored in favour/against). If I had to put money on it; I would put it on GN.

Of course, this does not mean that we are giving up. We do what we can to win each game and come with the mentality to grab the three points. Indeed the algorithm helped a lot as the Greencaps were the favourites, and this is why we did some changes (i.e tactic/formation during the game and prior to the game and mentally) to secure the win. Otherwise, we would have done things differently.

The most difficult game for us is the upcoming one with Norvan. We are still thinking how to approach them. They are a tough team to beat. Perhaps Farquea can shed some light on how they managed to beat them.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you for the post.
1) We agree that a win for the Greencaps is important to keep a more tight and interesting competition in the group. Otherwise, GN is starting to gain a nice lead. If the Greencaps do not take some points; then who else can bring them to a halt? Farquea: try to forget about our game and get back into the next one. We are cheering for you.

Looking forward to that response....:nailbiting:

georgeybest7

Oct 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greencaps 1 - Campo Atletico 2
On a beautiful sunny afternoon, Campo Libre managed to defeat the heavily favoured Greencaps by the score of 2 to 1. Hence the aspirations of promotion for the Greencaps are seriously compromised with the loss of these 3 key points.

The game started into a relatively even manner, and it seemed that the men in Green assumed that it was going to be an easy walk from the park, but this certainly was not the case. After the 10th minute mark, Campo managed to control the game, and the Greencaps saw themselves chasing the ball most of the time, and only occassionally were able to put more than four passess together as they would quickly lose possession.

Early on on the game; Campos midfielders started to connect with the forwards with ease. A penetrating pass between the central defenders led to a one on one with the keeper. The forward is ready to finish, but the desperate defender runs over our forward. A clear penalty, but there was no call. This was the first warning. After a nice build up and another pass that split the defense, the forward connects well with the ball outside the penalty box. It hits the crossbar and into the ground. The second forward makes an bicycle kick and the ball seems to be into the net, but it was just an illusion. It went just above the crossbar. After this and the fact that the midfielders were outskilling the Greens (i.e. like 6 nutmegs); we knew that the game will be won. It was a manner of patience, and yes indeed the first goal came quite easily. Our winger received the ball; beat the defender and made a nice gentle cross to the penalty spot. The midfielder finished it without problem. Everything had so fast that the keeper just stayed standing in shock. 1-0 to the delight of the bench and spectators.

During the second half, the Green as expected launched more attacks and pressed. We retreated to defend the lead, perhaps a bit to much. They did not had serious chances at all. However, they were quite fortunate. A ball bounced badly from one of the wingers. The Green player it seemed to kick by inertia with a back spin. The keeper sees it and think that it will be doing a regular trajectory and go above the crossbar, but this was incorrect. The ball goes up, but drops fast with the spin and the keeper does not stop it. An unfortunate surprise because the ball seemed to go out of target.

After the tie, we go back to a more possession oriented soccer, and it pays dividends. The Green are getting frustrated with the score and foul to disrupt possession. A particular ball foul let to a superb cross. The ball made contact with our player who headed it to the penalty sport. The forward was just waiting for the ball and put it on the net.

The last 20 minutes, the Greenpas pressed for the equalizer, but they could not find or generate the answer. It could have gone 3 - 1. for several occassion and the Greencaps escaped to recieve a few more goals.

Is this guy serious ? His match reports are not biased at all hahaha...pure banter reading his posts, I think everyone respected their optimism in the beginning of the season but now it's ridiculous.. he's one cheeky C**t or just delusional. Week in and week out hes putting targets on his team and puts pressure on them for no reason. Sounds like they are the next Barcelona. You should get in touch with guildford ac of div 1 and get their camera and stats crew to work for you guys too. If campo do not finish top 3 he dug himself a great hole that he can't even attempt to get out of until next season. If they do finish top 3 then we all bite our tongues. Keep the posts coming, quality entertainment.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgy ....there is something called hyperbole.....
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Key and decisive games this weekend. 1st place versus 3rd place and 2nd place versus 4th place.
Norvan, in my opinion, is the most lethal team in the league. They do not play skilled or creative soccer, but they finish very well. Once again, our boys are the underdogs, but we are here to make everyone fight for each point and each ball.

georgeybest7

Oct 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgy ....there is something called hyperbole.....
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Key and decisive games this weekend. 1st place versus 3rd place and 2nd place versus 4th place.
Norvan, in my opinion, is the most lethal team in the league. They do not play skilled or creative soccer, but they finish very well. Once again, our boys are the underdogs, but we are here to make everyone fight for each point and each ball.

The way you defend your posts... I'm quite certain you mean them literally. Then when you get called out you try to say it's a hyperbole or that it's your culture or just post a youtube video for "inspiration" or in a language that most of us are not fluent in. I still can't get over the gatusso video hahaha .... like I said before keep it coming mate. Sunday league banter at its best.

Last edited:

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are you always calling yourself the underdog???
Would the quote of Stinger answer the question?
"My prediction is that Norvan and Greencaps will beat you, Meraloma you may possibly tie if you get lucky. I also predict you will be nowhere near promotion when season comes to a close."
I did not see anyone here predicting or thinking that our boys would defeat the Greencaps/Astro or tie to GN. Is not this the definition of the "underdog"?
What is your prediction for the games of Campo with Norvan and Meraloma?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would the quote of Stinger answer the question?
"My prediction is that Norvan and Greencaps will beat you, Meraloma you may possibly tie if you get lucky. I also predict you will be nowhere near promotion when season comes to a close."
I did not see anyone here predicting or thinking that our boys would defeat the Greencaps/Astro or tie to GN. Is not this the definition of the "underdog"?
What is your prediction for the games of Campo with Norvan and Meraloma?

I predict that you will come on TTP after Campo's matches with Norvan and Meraloma and write one-sided match reports about how either a) Campo won because they were vastly superior to their opponents, were better prepared based on the immense knowledge of their coaching staff, and had far greater desire than their opposition or b) Campo lost, but actually deserved to win because they were vastly superior to their opponents, were better prepared based on the immense knowledge of their coaching staff, and had far greater desire than their opposition, only bad luck caused them to lose.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict that you will come on TTP after Campo's matches with Norvan and Meraloma and write one-sided match reports about how either a) Campo won because they were vastly superior to their opponents, were better prepared based on the immense knowledge of their coaching staff, and had far greater desire than their opposition or b) Campo lost, but actually deserved to win because they were vastly superior to their opponents, were better prepared based on the immense knowledge of their coaching staff, and had far greater desire than their opposition, only bad luck caused them to lose.
I guess that Dezza finally had an epiphany! Do you realize that you are the first one here that allows the possibility that Campo might defeat Norvan. Before you would only consider option b.

By the way, can you give some reports on your experience in Premier and player payments?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess that Dezza finally had an epiphany! Do you realize that you are the first one here that allows the possibility that Campo might defeat Norvan. Before you would only consider option b.

By the way, can you give some reports on your experience in Premier and player payments?

Sure, Premier is tough. Most teams are pretty good, and the main difference between winning and losing usually comes down to finishing. The top teams have guys who will punish you if you give them a sniff.

As for payments, our players are each paying $50 to be part of the team. That's $45 to VMSL/BCSA for registration, and $5 for a pair of socks. Please let Paraic know that he's welcome to join our Premier team. One of our CBs is going on vacation so there's an open spot. Since he (or Campo) already paid the $45 to be registered this year, we can negotiate a lower fee with him to join us.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, Premier is tough. Most teams are pretty good, and the main difference between winning and losing usually comes down to finishing. The top teams have guys who will punish you if you give them a sniff.

As for payments, our players are each paying $50 to be part of the team. That's $45 to VMSL/BCSA for registration, and $5 for a pair of socks. Please let Paraic know that he's welcome to join our Premier team. One of our CBs is going on vacation so there's an open spot. Since he (or Campo) already paid the $45 to be registered this year, we can negotiate a lower fee with him to join us.

a) I can see why you are having problems with the reports. I was expecting a few more details on the three or so goals that you have manage to score.

b) You are welcome to approach us any time. You can drop by at this weekend's game. Players are free to transfer.

c) Sometimes stories brings awareness. Once upon a time there was a girl who really wanted to have a diamond ring, but she could not afford it no matter what she did. Every weekend she went to the store to watch the ring. One day she saw a Saudi man and his friends stealing the ring from the store. She was furios, and went everywhere to complain about it. She even wrote petitions and organized protests. Nobody did anything.

Months went by, and one day Rina (the name of the girl) showed up to a party with the diamond ring. Rumors started. When people asked about the Ring, she said that her wealthy Saudi boyfriend gave it to her. Some said that Rina seduced the Saudi man other said that the Saudi man gave it to Rina in exchange for other activities. We will never know.

When people asked her if this was the ring that was stolen, she replied that indeed was the stolen ring. She said that it was fine for her to wear it because the wealthy boyfriend and his friends were the ones that stole. She was simply wearing it. No need for her to return it to the original owners.

But life is fair, and the diamond ring is slowly returning to the store. Every weekend one piece of it goes back to the store. Rina is in denial, and every time that she sees another person saving and working hard to get one piece of jewlery, she gets upset and lashes at them. She can not stand the thought that another person can get the ring on a fair and ethical manner. After all, she could not do herself alone, and she can not see that she is as guilty as the boyfriend.

The end.

See you guys until, Sunday. Time to concentrate on the games and other fun things. A reminder. do not take all this too seriously.

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
a) I can see why you are having problems with the reports. I was expecting a few more details on the three or so goals that you have manage to score.

b) You are welcome to approach us any time. You can drop by at this weekend's game. Players are free to transfer.

c) Sometimes stories brings awareness. Once upon a time there was a girl who really wanted to have a diamond ring, but she could not afford it no matter what she did. Every weekend she went to the store to watch the ring. One day she saw a Saudi man and his friends stealing the ring from the store. She was furios, and went everywhere to complain about it. She even wrote petitions and organized protests. Nobody did anything.

Months went by, and one day Rina (the name of the girl) showed up to a party with the diamond ring. Rumors started. When people asked about the Ring, she said that her wealthy Saudi boyfriend gave it to her. Some said that Rina seduced the Saudi man other said that the Saudi man gave it to Rina in exchange for other activities. We will never know.

When people asked her if this was the ring that was stolen, she replied that indeed was the stolen ring. She said that it was fine for her to wear it because the wealthy boyfriend and his friends were the ones that stole. She was simply wearing it. No need for her to return it to the original owners.

But life is fair, and the diamond ring is slowly returning to the store. Every weekend one piece of it goes back to the store. Rina is in denial, and every time that she sees another person saving and working hard to get one piece of jewlery, she gets upset and lashes at them. She can not stand the thought that another person can get the ring on a fair and ethical manner. After all, she could not do herself alone, and she can not see that she is as guilty as the boyfriend.

The end.

See you guys until, Sunday. Time to concentrate on the games and other fun things. A reminder. do not take all this too seriously.

this is the single most bizarre thing I've ever read on a message board in my life

Soccer Coach - are you ok mate?

fingywaggle

Sep 28, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somewhere up in the mountains 3 - somewhere in the congested city 1.

Mountains went up 1 from a goal kick that was flicked on and finished on a breakaway 15 minutes in. They doubled their lead right before the break on a build up down the wing finished off with a cut back across goal that was tapped into the Empty net.

City got one back on a pk 5 minutes into the 2nd half. The mountains were giving a pk moments after the restart after the bombastic tender brought the squamish forward down on a breakaway. No red card tho. Ref said there was a "new rule" saying that is only a yellow card. Interesting. Anyways squamish converted the spot kick. 3-1. That how she ended. Bombastic played kick and pray for the last 30 but had no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0