Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait, Squamish and Rinos are favourites? How do you come to that conclusion? Gastown who finished 2nd last year, and made the cup semi-final are the favourites along with Harps who were playing Div 1 last year!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The information that you are providing is from the past. The model only takes recent information. The results are based on the two games, they will become more accurate with time. However, I still would take the results of the model over past year information.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The information that you are providing is from the past. The model only takes recent information. The results are based on the two games, they will become more accurate with time. However, I still would take the results of the model over past year information.
If Tanoa have players that won RRSL cup in the summer
They should win 2A
Robbie Gizen , Milad will be unstoppable in. Div 2
I would like to know there Roster
Can a team that plays them post it

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, whoever is leading the rankings is the "favourite"?

Couldn't I just figure that out by looking at the league table?

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Tanoa also signed Jacob Lensky.

I guess we'll have to wait and see until someone actually confirms who they have

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
a) I have their roster. They might be strong in paper, but the issue is whether they can keep up the race for the entire season. Norvan might not be as strong but they have CAT and depth. Lots of players and a pool to get new good players.
b) Yep, Dezza, it does not get any more simple than that. Tables are also good indicators, but can hide information (i.e. two teams can have same points but those points can be from weaker opposition or strong opposition). A 2-0 versus Norvan is not the same than a 2-0 versus Twin arrows for the sake of argument.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
okay so you have their roster and we are talking about who is on their team and you still don't name them?

Is there another way I can translate to you? Do you have the names of the premier players?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I have the roster, obviously I do know who are the players and the Premier Players. I have reasons to not post the names. Lets just leave it at this. YOu will figure out their names by this weekend, anyway.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I have the roster, obviously I do know who are the players and the Premier Players. I have reasons to not post the names. Lets just leave it at this. YOu will figure out their names by this weekend, anyway.
Mr Bass says the rubbish you have posted is Ridiculous
Thanks Reg

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tranquilas princesas.... No need to get like this.
The information that matters is that Milad and a few of those guys are only playing temporarily for Tanoa. The team most likely to make it in the long run is Norvan.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are they only playing temporarily? Do they plan on transferring back to Prem before the transfer deadline?

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the heck happened to Connaught Park? Middle pitch where Meraloma plays looks like it hosted an S&M tractor festival. :cow: Saturday afternoon match moved to Trillium on Friday evening. :bored:

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't the rugby team(s) play there too?

They usually play on the west pitch.

Very odd markings on the middle pitch. All are exactly straight lines, and each line stays the same width as it runs. So it's not wear and tear from handegg. Possibly some sort of aeration machine built in a previous century?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
When in doubt, pin it on the Ultimate fcukers. Or Muckerloma great Dazza :)
Blame the parks board truck loads of sand to level the field
They did this to us on Memorial grass on a Friday 2 seasons ago .
We were fined by Vmsl $50 something we had no control of .
We moved back to turf . The grass fields in Vancouver are terrible .

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there even one good grass field left in Vancouver? I'm not a fan of turn but since the city spends zero $ on keeping up the grass fields now then turf is far superior. Hillcrest is a prime example…we go down there to play Westside once a year and watch the ball bounce all over the place and almost no goals scored. Ugly. Our open team plays their home games there and I did hear the field is in better shape this year...

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be honest I work as a supplier to the City of Vancouver Parks and know what goes on there. Here are reasons why your fields are in poor shape. If you don't like it complain to your city and tell your teammates to complain.

1. You've got fields that either need to be renovated (drainage, irrigation, topdressing with sand) or fields where the demand for them has grown dramatically but no increased level of maintenance. Higher density, ppl riding bicycles on fields, driving cars for festivals, more demands = more maintenance..

2. When Vancouver Parks puts out a tender for work or supply it takes 6 months - 1 year to make up the tender which neglects the fields or if buying off tender they wait 6- 8 weeks for approval through 4 levels of bureacracy. By this time it is winter or mid-summer and things like grass over seeding, aeration, etc have missed their window. The money gets taken off the table and work doesn't get done for another year.

3. Any field work needing to be done gets interrupted by demands to build urban gardens or other pet city projects.

4. Shortage of Labour: Temporary labour positions are not easily approved and as workers retire they are not replaced. I'm not sure of the exact number but the average age at the parks is high 30s. I had one staff member tell me he barely had enough staff to run all the machinery (mowers, tractors, etc) much less do any physical labour work.

If you don't like it, say something about it!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've no doubt that there is much going on contributing to this but I can't see it changing when the city can put in turf, save money because of it and all the while increasing user-ship for all. The days of nice grass pitches are gone and no amount of complaining will change it I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0