Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL DIV 2 CUP 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

glacierfresh

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER METRO SOCCER LEAGUE
2011-2012 DIVISION 2 CUP SCHEDULE

PRELIMINARY ROUND

[h=2]Game 1: Gastown FC vs PCOV Europa
Game 2: IFC Polonia vs Lobbans FC ‘B’ [/h][h=3]Game 3: Green Devils FC vs PCOV Benfica
Game 4: MYB Panthers vs Pacifica WTFC [/h]Game 5: Douglas Park Rangers vs Norvan Saints ‘A’
Game 6: Westside FC ‘C’ vs Yaletown FC
Game 7: Cosmos SC vs Metropolitan Selects
Game 8: Surrey Pylons vs NorWest United
Game 9: Unicorns FC vs LMU Hurricanes
Game 10: Cliff Sr. Cobra vs Norvan Lions
Game 11: GFC United Lions vs Killarney Celtic
Game 12: Vancouver Stars vs Point Grey Rangers
Game 13: Bari FC vs Ajyal Tigers
Game 14: Metropolitan FC ‘B’ vs PCOV Sporting ‘A’
Game 15: East Van Socceroos vs Signmaster FC
Game 16: Ladner Rangers ‘A’ vs Surrey United ‘B’
Game 17: Rino’s Fury vs The Greens FC ‘A’
Game 18: Surrey United ‘C’ vs Strathcona United
Game 19: Meralomas SC ‘A’ vs Westside Musqueam Blues
Game 20: Richmond FC Olympics ‘B’ vs Wickham FC ‘A’
Game 21: Bombastic SC ‘A’ vs Sarajevo SC
Game 22: West Van Royals vs Bombastic SC ‘B’

[h=1]ROUND OF 32[/h]
Game 23: Shaheen FC ‘A’ vs Winner of Game 20
Game 24: TSA Royals ‘B’ vs Winner of Game 4
Game 25: Friends United vs Winner of Game 10
Game 26: Dasmesh FC vs Winner of Game 12 Game 27: Norvan Campobasso vs Winner of Game 9
Game 28: Winner of Game 1 vs 13[SUP]th[/SUP] Legion FC
Game 29: Winner of Game 7 vs Winner of Game 19
Game 30: Winner of Game 5 vs Winner of Game 13
Game 31: Westside FC ‘B’ vs Winner of Game 2
Game 32: ‘B’ United vs Croatia SC ‘B’
Game 33: Winner of Game 8 vs Winner of Game 3
Game 34: Winner of Game 18 vs Winner of Game 22
Game 35: GN Sporting Club vs Winner of Game 21
Game 36: Winner of Game 16 vs Winner of Game 14
Game 37: Winner of Game 15 vs Winner of Game 11
Game 38: Winner of Game 6 vs Winner of Game 17

ugh

Jan 23, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN plays their first game vs winner of bombastic and sarajevo, time to shut up the haters by beating sarajevo

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
14j3fvc.png

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
R32 is set, predictions?

I'll bite.

GAME 23 Shaheen FC ‘A’ v Wickham FC ‘A’

GAME 24 TSA Royals ‘B’ v MYB Panthers

GAME 25 Friends United v Norvan Lions

GAME 26 Dasmesh FC v Vancouver Stars

GAME 27 Norvan Campobasso v LMU Hurricanes

GAME 28 Gastown FC v 13th Legion FC

GAME 29 Metropolitan Selects v Meralomas SC ‘A’

GAME 30 Douglas Park Rangers v Ajyal Tigers

GAME 31 Westside FC ‘B’ v IFC Polonia

GAME 32 ‘B’ United v Croatia SC ‘B’

GAME 33 Surrey Pylons v Green Devils FC

GAME 34 Strathcona United v West Van Royals

GAME 35 GN Sporting Club v Sarajevo SC

GAME 36 Surrey United ‘B’ v PCOV Sporting ‘A’

GAME 37 East Van Socceroos v GFC United Lions

GAME 38 Yaletown FC v Rino’s Fury

So I have GN Sporting being the first division leader ousted, and West Van Royals the last Div 3 team alive... although I do think there's a good chance that Ajyal could pull the upset over DPR.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe in div3 teams more than you Dezza. I got Ajyal, Metropolitan Selects, Friends and of course Strathcona to get to the next round. The rest,for me, same as you.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sure is quiet in here...

The Excellent Site isn't upated, so united fc, i'm guessing you watched the Ajyal match in person?

It would great to get some match reports going!

As for us, it was Rino's 1 - 0 Yaletown FC
I thought Yaletown were the better side in the first half, as they moved well off the ball allowing them to keep possession and have us chase. That said, they really didn't seem to have much in the final 3rd, as aside from a few dangerous balls through the box, I can't think of any great chances that were on target. We came out much better in the 2nd half and started creating opportunities of our own. One free kick just barely deflected off the last man in the wall and out for a corner, but if it were on target there was no chance the keeper would have got to it. The keeper also gave us a gift as his ball out when straight to our striker who setup a man at the top of the box, only for his shot to be direct straight back at the keeper. The breakthrough finally came when a beautiful diagonal cross was hung up to the far post and our winger leapt high and smashed the header into the net. Yaletown pressed for the last 5 minutes and got a rather chintzy pk call when their player went to ground as he was moving away from the goal at the edge of the penalty area with our defender pressuring from behind. The same player took the penalty and hit it straight up the middle which our keeper saved. We cleared the rebound and hung on for the last couple of minutes to earn the hard-fought victory.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They will mostly have tights on under their shorts and wearing gloves. There are three players who are VERY skillful with two of them playing in the middle of the park......the other one plays up front I think. Having said that, it was last year when I reffed them. I imagine they haven't changed too much.

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll bite.

GAME 37 East Van Socceroos v GFC United Lions

I hope ur right dezza and east van socceroos loose today so we can play them mid week or next week cause we wanna wrap up the division before all these cup games. We might even forfeit our upcoming cup games to play the game cause the division is way more important then cup games and we have already won the cup last year. East van is being a pain in ass and don't agree on playing mid week or on turf cause their home field is the worst field in the league and games kept getting cancelled. They wanna see pcov europa loose the remaining games so their sure that they are not getting relegated to div3 so our game is meaningless.

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone have any scouting reports on MYB Panthers? Any one to watch?

I think one of their best players is injured because they have a indoor soccer team at sfu and i talked to one of their guys. He usualy wears number 10 and is very short but if he plays u have to watch out for his left foot he will dribble both ways but when his around the 18 and wants to score he will go to his left 90 percent of the time.. The tall David James look alike that wears number 7 most of the time is very quick and skilled and usually plays on the wings so tell your guys to keep their distance and try to contain him cause he will dribble 3 or 4 guys if they commit.

Good luck and we might meet next week if u win and we win

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sure is quiet in here...

The Excellent Site isn't upated, so united fc, i'm guessing you watched the Ajyal match in person?
It would great to get some match reports going!

Didn't watch the game, we got the score while mourning our loss.
News of Tigers' wins spread quickly. Last week, apparently, their fans were kicked off the pitch
Here is the West Van match report from yesterday:
West Van Royals
It was more cup action this weekend with the 2nd round of the VMSL Div 2 Cup. West Van Royals were the visiting team at Andy Livingstone Park taking on Div 3 rivals Strathcona United FC for a spot in the 3rd round. The first half had a similiar theme to last weeks cup game, both teams battled hard for possession whilst sending tame efforts off target. The second half continued in much the same fashion as both teams looked to find away through the opposing teams solid backline. The deadlock was finally broken however when a Pieter Giezen volley from a Thomas Vanderham corner seemed to strike a Strathcona defender on the arm, despite Strathcona's strong appeals the referee pointed to the spot and Erik Giezen, for the second consecutive week, cooly slotted home. West Van, determined not to throw away a lead again, came out with renewed energy from the restart and it took barely 5 minutes for them to be rewarded, when a blocked Royals shot looped to Mark Cherry just outside the area, Cherry took one touch to set himself up before unleashing an unstoppable volley in to the top corner past Strathcona's helpless keeper. At this points many teams would have conceded the tie but Starthcona, undeterred by the scoreline, made two changes bringing some fresh legs to the front line and went about trying to rescue the cup tie. It was one of those substitues that gave Strathcona a lifeline and a reward for their hard work, when a quick passing move allowed the Strathcona striker an opportunity to shoot in the area, only to be brought down by Royals centre back Chris Pizzinato. At first look it seemed that Pizzinato took the ball before the man, but the referee didn't hestitate and gave the penalty, possibly evening the playing field after his previous decision. Strathona's other substitute then stepped up and sent a well struck penatly in to the top corner. With the clock ticking down to the final whistle, Strathcona thought they had tied the game up, when one of their hard working Irish midfielders struck a rasping half volley on goal, Royals keeper Dan Hill could only parry the original effort in to the path of an on coming Strathcona forward, but just as the ball seemed to be heading in to the empty net, Hill recovered to pull off a stunning sprawling save. Despite heavy pressure the Royals managed to see out the final minutes and secure a place in the next round. The Royals backline of Elwin, Davies, Pizzinato, Perkins and Whiteside again pulled out a solid performance as an excellent game between two hard working sides was decided on a piece individual brilliance. West Van may have won the game, but Football was the real winner.

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 0 wickham ..we missed, 2 open nets, about 4 or 5 one on ones and got very frustrated..but they also played well and were a good young team. our defender got a red about 7 min in over a clumsy hand ball on outside of the 18 and the score was 1 nothing at half time. good luck to wickham in the next round and we go the most important game of the season next week and we will have couple guys back that didint play this week so its not so bad...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I'm currently rehabbing from ACL surgery. So I didn't get to play in the cup :(
No more wearing that huge brace when I get back to the pitch next season!

Dash, pretty surprising result! Good luck with the League.

I think Polonia and Rinos'/Fury will meet on the one side. Rino/Fury have quietly worked thier way to the top of our group playing a patient defensive game. I think Polonia, who are more aggressive in attack, will meet the winner of the other side...

...Where Campobasso, depending on how serious they take the cup, should take it.

So a group C final from this biased reporter.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sh@t, I forgot about Sarajevo!

Ok, Sarajevo vs Campobasso in the final!

Lets see some upsets along the way!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If GFC fields the same lineup that played us (Celtic) they will not beat the Roos. 2-1 scoreline was appropriate for a squeaker that was tied up until the last couple of minutes of regulation time. A lot of back and forth on very even terms, considering how far down in the depths of Div 3 we are.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece, the Excellent Site reports Lions won 4-2 in OT

Maybe the 5th back can give us a report :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0