Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Hurricances for their big win last night. 9 points up will make it very difficult for any other team to catch them even with head to head games left against Olympics, Ireland, Cliff and Polonia.

As for the college players debate, ultimately it is their decision to play or not. Yes, Kwantlen does give them a scholarship, but how much is it? Besides, the Hurricanes were very close to promotion last year, and I'm sure Rupi and Jyoti would rather play in the VMSL premier than Division 1 and college soccer next year. Also with 3 premier teams being relegated this year, promotion to Premier will be much harder. Take advantage of the system when you can!! Just my opinion.

Again congratulations, Hurricanes, you have put yourself in a very very good position to play in the promotion game.

Gilly

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear your point, Gilly. But if a school is paying for your tuition, it is their prerogative to ask players not to play for club teams until their season is over. The coaches of the college have a job(get paid) and winning things is important so they are being put in an unfair position. Having said that, it is entirely up to the player in the end of the day and that player would have to accept whatever consequences the coaches come up with.

I was able to play with Club Ireland while at UBC but our coach didn't tell us we couldn't play.............or maybe he did. :D ;)

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
provemewrong

I tried mate.

SP 3 - CI 2

Game started off well, we got an early got about 15 minutes in. IMO that put SP on the back foot slightly. A couple chances are created by both teams in the remainder of the half with the SP goalie making a couple of huge saves, 1-nil at half.

Second half starts terribly as we give up an early goal that was taken well by the front pair for SP. The ball however was OUT, and unfortunately, no one on the SP sideline wanted to admit it. We stop playing, and get punished for it. I'm not trying to group people together, but whomever had the flag in their hand in the second half, knows that they are a CHEAT. I'm done with it now, just needed to get that out me system.

After giving up such a gutting goal, we come right back with a goal of our own by yours truly to go up 2-1 with about 25 minutes to go. When I scored I was on top of the world thinking 'that may just be enough'

Sadly this was not the case. We as a squad got too casual for a 10 minute span, and we get punished twice, again with nicely taken goals by CJ and Pummi?

With 15 minutes remaining we push for an equalizer but it doesn't come. At the end of the day, a solid match by both squads, and any neutral out watching would say the same. What kills me is that not only did we lose, but we gave up 2 leads, both at crucial times of the game.

As mentioned before, a 9 point gap from the group will make all the difference. Id be amazed if SP drop any points but in this league anything can happen on gameday.

Club I will not pack it in, we will keep pushing and just go about our own business and hope for the best.

Come on the HOOPS!

CICwhoisguttedagainbySP:(

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was able to play with Club Ireland while at UBC but our coach didn't tell us we couldn't play.............or maybe he did. :D ;)

Alikira,

While at Club Ireland, UBC, Winnipeg or Vancouver....you didn't really conform to any of the coach's outlined rules? Did you? :D

Good luck tonight against Croatia. I predict a lot of former and current Whitecaps getting kicked!!!;)

Gilly

Gooch

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polonia 3 Sarajevo 2

2 well taken goals by the sarajevo striker , Polonia deserved to win though

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alikira,

While at Club Ireland, UBC, Winnipeg or Vancouver....you didn't really conform to any of the coach's outlined rules? Did you? :D

Good luck tonight against Croatia. I predict a lot of former and current Whitecaps getting kicked!!!;)

Gilly

Rules? Our coaches trusted us enough to make right decisions and I'm pretty sure I always did. :D

I have a feeling there will be quite a bit of kicking too and thanks for the well wishes.......:D

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC Idiots 3 - Van Oly's
Game report from an injured/sidelined Idiot. First 15, I felt RUFC does well to create some chances and as per RUFC special, one defensive miscue and a good opportunistic finish by a VO striker. For the next 30, relatively equal possession/chances, but RUFC puts shots on net, while VO kicking field goals. 40ish minute, a questionable RUFC goal 'crosses the line' from Gizzy on a nice cross from Rota? Ref, as per most of his calls, was slghtly out of position and took 3 seconds to make the call, but whistles a goal. We gladly take the break (if it wasn't in) and are tied 1-1 at half. Second half has much the same...relatively equal possesion/chances, but RUFC is hitting the target. With some young college kids adding some much needed pace/fitness/pressure, RUFC is starting to cause many turnovers from the VO backline. 70 minutes in Gizzy heads a crossed ball back to the top of the box, and Rota strikes a well-hit low ball past the VO keeper near stick...definately a goal. 2-1. More back and forth, but VO can't get the ball anywhere near the net, save one chance that was dipping, but Cowan tips over the bar. 80 minutes in, the young/fast/fit Idiots cause a turnover at half and Gizzy is put through by young Ruby for a breakaway and calmly slots a nice goal. Good hard fought 3 points. Best Idiots showing since Fiji 3 weeks ago. Now, on to the Hoops for the Richmond Darby.

Klaus (hopingforasniffnextweekend)

CanuckFan

Oct 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kwantlens a joke, and they proved it this weekend! maybe ruppi and joyti should ve rested, i know players on other teams werent allowed to play for their club teams on friday night so they must have played good on saturday or did they even get to play lol, GO HURRICANES!

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave 2 Bingers 4

Credit to the army for 3 points, but I'd have to say an undeserved 3 points. CA easily outchances Bingers 15+ to 4...the difference, they bury their 4 chances, we do not. Once again its the story of our lives as we continue to not play as a unit. This week onto a huge match against the SP.

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stevie-G, it might have something to do with the fact you guys play a 4 - 3 - 3.......? Just a thought?

yeah we've considered that ourselves, but we believe that with the type of players and skills we have, this is the most effective formation compared to a 4-4-2, etc, etc...Could be that we're just not used to this formation yet? Could be its the wrong formation for us? Not sure...but I do believe we are right in sticking to it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah we've considered that ourselves, but we believe that with the type of players and skills we have, this is the most effective formation compared to a 4-4-2, etc, etc...Could be that we're just not used to this formation yet? Could be its the wrong formation for us? Not sure...but I do believe we are right in sticking to it.

The game I saw you play......your 3 strikers/forwards were too static and square. It leaves your midfield too vulnerable, especially midfields with 5 players. Just an observation. Good luck the rest of the season.

I honestly find formations are useless if the players you have playing the formations don't do the basics....like track runners etc......

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone wanting a friendly please send me a message.
Any caliber as we have 2 different teams.
Split ref costs
Field paid for by us (already)
the only bad part of this is the only 2 hour slot available on a constant.
10pm Bby 8rinks turf field 1
We have that spot all year as it is one of our practice times.

You think it sucks to play once,lol,we do it every week,,

sandbagger

Aug 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone wanting a friendly please send me a message.
Any caliber as we have 2 different teams.
Split ref costs
Field paid for by us (already)
the only bad part of this is the only 2 hour slot available on a constant.
10pm Bby 8rinks turf field 1
We have that spot all year as it is one of our practice times.

You think it sucks to play once,lol,we do it every week,,

What night of the week? Sapp might be interested.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 4 Richmond United 0

Game was essentially over after 10 minutes as Club Ireland scored 2 early goals.

One of the final derby games between the two clubs was a decent affair. As Alikira said two early goals made it easy for us. I'm sure RU weren't pleased to spot us 2 goals before deciding to play. Cowin with a couple massive saves midway through the half kept it at 2-nil. Final 15 minutes of the half we got a little casualand RU started to take it to us but came away with nothing.

Second half starts with a quicker pace and RU trying to pressure. An awkward clerance deep in RU's half goes off one guys face, on to my foot, through ball to two men running on, and I don't know who got called for the foul and which CI player went down but we draw a somewhat soft PK. The PK then gets saved but the rebound is slotted home to make it 3-nil. At that point RU seemed to of packed it in IMO resulting in one last goal for the BHOYS.

Any thoughts from the RU lads?

COME ON CLIFF AVE!

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CIC writes a very accurate report of the game...EXCEPT Idiots played a lot worse than he made out. How kind and civil :rolleyes:. Hopefully, the second time around between the Hoops & Idiots is a lot more competitive from RU's side. No excuses...well, except we were missing a 2/3 wiley (sp?) ;) veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0