Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September 07'

Idiots 2 - Polska 1

Honestly, our poorest effort of the season so far, but oddly enough three points. Not a lot of possession for either squad. Many chances for both teams with poor finishing by ourselves (again) and a solid few saves by Cowin. Burnaby turf is in need of replacement soon as it is more and more like the old school astro turf. Polska was much improved from when we saw them two years ago. We, still have a ways to go but should be alright. On to Fiji for a very important game...as if they weren't all important.

Klaus

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big game against CLUB I 2nite,our record does not do us justice,as we have played really well just can't put the ball in the back of the net.Should be a great test as I think they are the team to beat.Hpoe the feild will be in good condition it's should be pissing rain all day.CLUB I get ready to battle.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big game against CLUB I 2nite,our record does not do us justice,as we have played really well just can't put the ball in the back of the net.Should be a great test as I think they are the team to beat.Hpoe the feild will be in good condition it's should be pissing rain all day.CLUB I get ready to battle.

Drinking and posting? amateur ;)
I don't base my comments on the poor spelling or grammar or the time of your post, but moreso based on you calling Club I the team to beat;)

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Notcher you' ve always got something to say eh? :) ;)

Big win for Van Olys mid-week to keep pace, hopefully all games get played today and tomorrow.

As for the Polonia vs Club I tilt this evening, we are always ready, but as they say, any 11 men can win on the day. I went by the pitch last night and it's in fine form, a little narrow but it's the best grass field in Richmond IMO.

Hopefully Bingers and Lobbans can muck out at least a draw against SP and Van Olys. Those 2 other reamining fixtures no one really cares about ;)

Gooch

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Polonia 2 Club Ireland 1

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

As the ASSMAN said we needed to be prepared for a battle.

A shambles of a game from the get go, with Richmond Parks Board not having all the lights up and running at the first pitch, we had to take a 5 minute drive down the street to get the game played at Minoru Oval.

First twenty minutes we were in shambles and got caught on a quick counter attack move which Polonia capitalized on. Fought through it creating chances but not able to bury, 1-nil at half.

Second half we come out much better and are rewarded less then 10 minutes in and it's game on. We push forward and create a few more quality chances that go wasted, leaving ourselves open at the back for the counter attack. Our sweeper gets his 2nd yellow, an with 15 to go we're down to 10 men. At 1-1 it was decision time on wether or not to bunker down and take the 1 point, or go for all 3. We shift to three at the back and push for the winner. With less then 2 minutes remaining Polonia break out quickly down the wing, the player attempts A CROSS which floats and fades in off of the far post and crosses the line. GUTTING to say the least. A point would have been fair, but anything will and can happen during the 90 minutes. Go on Polonia for a hard fought game.

On a personal note, that was one of our worst performances as a squad in a long time, not since playing against Westside on the exact same pitch last year have we looked so dis-jointed and un-interested. We will bounce back and continue our chase for the top spot..

RUFC played across the park and got a 3-2 result versus Fiji.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

CIC, everyone and every team has off games...that's why we're amateurs; some more than others;). As you mentioned:
RUFC 3 - Fiji 2
After playing our poorest 90 versus Polonia last week (still managed 3 points:confused:), we came back this week playing very good soccer again. Had nearly all the possesion first 15 or so but couldn't convert a couple chances including one goal called back. ONE counter attack rush up the flank and a mis-hit cross which put yours truly on his ass on the slick surface and a Fiji player alone 12 yards out who slots it home. More possesion by us and no conversions. Kippax makes a great coaching decision and swaps his centerback and striker. Yet another (2nd and only chance of half for Fiji) counter attack goal. 2-nil Fiji. Idiots continue to pursue and finally bury a defensive miscue by the (Ivor led) Fiji backline on a goal by Nash :D. 2-1 at half. A little more even possession throughout the second half until we draw even off a set-piece-followed by goal mouth scramble goal by Rota. Back and forth some more, followed by a PK awarded to Fiji...missed it. 10 minutes left and a nicely taken corner kick between Jr. and Gizzy with Chambers capitalizing. Hang on for the win.

Soccerscout7

Oct 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

A great show of soccer was displayed over the weekend by all teams, some upsets and some very good battles of the clubs in group B. as a soccer fan for 35 years it was fasinating watching the quality of soccer beeing played in division 1. thanksgiving weekend ended with a quality matchup between Cliff Avenue United and serejevo fc at Bby lake sports complex west. Cliff started off strong , moving the ball very well against the strong defenseive side serejevo, cliff maintaing possesion 70% of the time but couldnt take advantage of placing the ball into the net after some glorious chances off a low and hard set peice, and header inside the 6 yr box. serejevo came on strong mid first half putting on the pressure on the tired cliff ave side, however cliff prevailed and came on strong once again near the end of half. second half cliff started strong again, as their center midfield sub blasted a shot past the keep 5 min into 2nd half. serejevo however tied the game 10min later by another great shot that cliff goalkeeper could not handle and the serejevo player tapped it in on the line. cliff got another goal off a great set peice beating the goalie...chances both ways made the end of the game exciting and great soccer to watch..cliff with 5 min left barried a 2 on 1 to hold on to thier 3-1 victory..well desevered pointes for the young cliff side!

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

thnx soccerscout, just made my life 10 mins easier and freer! sorry about the absence the last couple of weeks, been too busy studying, and too disappointed with the results (3-2 L to the VO and 2-2 D with the Lobbans, both of which we felt were ours for the taking). Anyways, will hopefully get back to normal posts from this week forward...

Gooch

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Predictions for this week

Polonia vs Cliff
Van Olympics vs Punjab
Bingers vs Richmond - tie
Fiji vs Club Ireland
Sarajevo
vs Lobbans

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see from the excellent site that Punjab beat Olympics 2-1...any reports on the match from anyone?

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab 2 Olympics 1

Good game at Hastings Bowl this afternoon. Back and forth game in the first half with Olympics getting a goal on a free kick. Punjab started the second half with determination and scored 2 goals in 5 minutes mid-way thru the second half. The tying goal was a rocket from 20-25 yards out.

Great result for us and look forward to building on it next week.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers 1 - 0 Idiots (who played like idiots). Not prettey for anyone on either side. Hopefully, the one Binger who got hurt is not seriously injured. Now, RUFC is in to 3 straight tough games...Pujab, Oly's, Hoops...if play doesn't improve, it could be 10-nil each game!

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab 2 Olympics 1

Good game at Hastings Bowl this afternoon. Back and forth game in the first half with Olympics getting a goal on a free kick. Punjab started the second half with determination and scored 2 goals in 5 minutes mid-way thru the second half. The tying goal was a rocket from 20-25 yards out.

Great result for us and look forward to building on it next week.

Caught most of the game yesterday. CJ was brilliant, if you guys had him last year, you would be in Premier instead of the Blaze. I noticed your bench was so small. I know you guys got players in university right now, but where was everybody else or did you lose players?
Good luck the rest of the way.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught most of the game yesterday. CJ was brilliant, if you guys had him last year, you would be in Premier instead of the Blaze. I noticed your bench was so small. I know you guys got players in university right now, but where was everybody else or did you lose players?
Good luck the rest of the way.

We have a number of guys in university and battling a couple of injuries. It was a character win yesterday with only 13 players.

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polonia 4 Cliff Ave 1

Polonia comes out like bloody pitbulls and just put tons of pressure on all players. In doing so, cause CA to pretty much give up 2 goals 20 mins in (1 own goal and 1 6yard box scramble). About the 35 min mark, CA clears a corner, ball goes to a midfielder about 35 yards out and just rips a shot. Halftime is 3-0. CAcomes out with tons of pressure in the second half but unable to bury their chances (story of our lives so far this season...). CA seems to get one, but it is cleared off the line (this is why we need bloody linesman). Polonia get their fourth on a nicely taken free kick. CA finally pops one in, but too little too late...
Keep our heads up and move on to fiji

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I 3 - Fiji 1

A good result for the Hoops as we needed to bounce back after last weekends defeat. The game starts with a collision 2 minutes in between our striker and the Fiji keeper on a throught ball. Keeper comes out bravely punching the ball but ends up getting his head rattled and leaves the game. Nothing dirty about the challenge just an unfortunate outcome. Hope he is OK.

Another through ball 10 minutes later gives us a 1-nil lead that lasts for all of 5 minutes, as Fiji works the ball up the left side very well and earns a PK. Poor defending on our part but well created. Burnro makes the save on the ensuing PK but is whistled for moving off of the line early. Fiji player again steps up and this time buries top shelf. Scrappy play the rest of the way, 1-1 at half.

We come out with an altered lineup and a little more composure in the 2nd half and deservedly bury two good goals in the span of 15 minutes to earn some insurance. A couple of good subs and the 3 points were ours. Credit to Fiji as they played to the final whistle while having no subs by the looks of it.

On a side note: Our ref was in his own world today, can't remember his name, maybe one of the Fiji boys does, he ALMOST ruined the game for both sides IMO...

Onto Bingers next week...

Mastan

Mar 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i caught the hurricane - olympics game on sat and all i have to say is CJ is the man . the kid tuurns it on at will , besides his two goals , he also hit a post . Best player in Div 1 hands down !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0