Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher, any warblings from birds about the game status tomorrow? Are we swimming for 90 or is this one going to be cancelled on account of field condition?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star was lost what can we say. There is a reset button. Maybe you did not see it.
I am not jokking that's how you can turn the lights on. There is no coast for non Emergency call. Bukkakemon smile and ask next time and you will see. There goes the soccer momentam. Heck you guys sound pissed off.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 0 Sporting 0 12 minutes played

1/2 the lights went out after 12 minutes.......waited 15 minutes.....then the other 1/2 of the lights went out........:rolleyes:

Great ****ing trip to White Rock for that. :mad:

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BMasho.........Sunday is cancelled and we will find out Monday if we can make it up on Wednesday, but since we've only missed one game, and you guys haven't missed any, we are not a high priority.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star whats Lenerduzzi got to do with local kids? Maybe good soccer school. IF you head it he would have called you. What is SCA got to do with it. More coastly soccer School, if you head it they would have called you. You give us your side of it forget what Brkich has got to say about it.
If you want a tryout in Europe give Brkich a call. He will hook you up. Just remember the slower that you are the lower the level of try out will be. Div four is a good start. More smiles less frack, we are free and it is all good. Better luck next time.

Chazling

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino absolutely ****ed twice by the ref today. They went 1-0 up on a handball penalty that was never a penalty - ball blasted at our defender's arm, which never moved from his side, from a yard away. We equalised then the ref gives them another penalty when the ball dropped out the air and hit our defender on the top of his shoulder. Absolutely ridiculous. I hope even Richmond will admit that it ruined this potentially good game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chazling.....Richmond completely outplayed Rino in the first game this year but lost 1 - 0.......consider it even now for the season. :)

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain said it well already. First game was totally different...we far outplayed/outchanced Westsied, but lost all 3 points on a once-in-lifetime shot.

This game: 1st PK was a handball IMO, as defenders arm was a foot outside the plane of his body and impeded the cross (by your argument, would it not be a penalty if it was a shot on goal vs just a cross? Come on). Your goal was a rocket, top shelf. Second PK was not a PK, agreed. Although, your goalie makes a great save, and then your players leave him out to dry and allow a Rmd player TWO touches to rocket the rebound home. Nice going. Maybe too busy whining at the ref still. Any ref with balls would've carded a couple of your players for the total desent. Third goal came from out and out hustle and a defensive miscue (nothing to do with ref). As was the fourth. Out played by Westside this time...not sure about that. If knocking continiuous long balls from your outside backs to the corner flags is oputplayed while completely leapfrogging your midfields, well maybe. Not that I think Rmd outplayed you guys this time around. It was a slow-paced boring game that the team who wanted it more (or made 1 less critical mistake), would win. The ref didn't ruin the game as it was a lack-lustre game from start to finish. Fair, ref wasn't great, but this thread has truly become a kleenex for the guys blaming the ref, as opposed to a thread that should have game reports, predictions, and such.

On to another week.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Klaus, I agree this thread has had far too much ref bashing and I thought everyone was just being a bunch of whiners, but seriously I am still shocked by the pk calls yesterday -- especially the second one. It's like he saw the France vs. Ireland game and was afraid not to call a handball.

I don't know why you're going on about whether or not we outplayed you. No one ever suggested that. As you said, it was a slow and boring game and whoever made the critical mistake was going to lose it. Unfortunately we never got to find who that would be because the ref intervened and gave you the game.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza,

Yes the call(s) ruined a potentially good game. Shitty calls/miscalls happen at every level as we all just saw with Ireland/France. However, the game was never going to reach any potential, as it was boring soccer played by both sides. Would a draw have occured? Who's to say, as we never got to see as you pointed out. Any outplaying comments I made were probably still lingering from the 1st game we played this season and I was feeling happy to split the series. "Call it even" as Captain says. Good luck with the remaining games.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really for Cliff. Punjabi payed well first thirty five minutes and took the lead after that Cliff took the game over. They scored a good goal and started to attack with three guys.They took the two to one lead with a fatasticly placed shot. Owesom to see.
Yet last minute of the game. They gave two free kicks that coast them the three points. Big mistake by a deffender that did not mark the post. Gave Punjabi a clear shot from a nicley placed corner kick. Number 17 from Punjabi side was far the best player on the pitch. Fantastic foot skill and side to side movment.

Ax2-Y

Nov 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes 2 Cliff Ave 2

Coles notes from the great game last night: It was fast paced, had lots of skill, and some really tough tackles. The hurricanes scored early, taking advantage of some poor marking and sneak one over the line to go up 1-0. After some back and forth action we finally get on the board when new signing reece miles pots two great goals in the second half to give us the lead. From there, we pack the box and defend the lead for the last 15 minutes. On the very last kick of the game the Hurricanes tied it up after a mad scramble in the box off a well taken corner. We had 3 or 4 chances to clear the ball but couldnt get it out. Credit to the hurricanes who never let up and were rewarded in the end. In my opinion, our team played our best game of the year and deserved a better result. 4 of 6 points off the canes this season will have to do.

it's getting tight at the top...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0