Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div.1] Results & Banter - March 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bazza. 7 years in prem. avec 3 BC titles and 2 Canadian championships. Only cause you asked-CHUMP!! And you're right!-You're not the most skilled player. Like I said before, have fun if you get there. The forwards will love you... Big, slow and two left feet. :rolleyes: I'm going on 36 now and believe I'm pushing my limits at the Div 1 level when really over 35's is calling. So you see the difference? I'm not kidding myself. Can you say the same? ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey feltersnatch (nice name by the way), I didn't say that akal took anyone away, just that Khalsa lost 3 starters to Indo after two full seasons with the team and where are they going to get more players for next season when they are in Premier. Not that it really matters, players move around soo much these days, you never get the same team from year to year.

hos MikeHunt

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Searching for players, coaches, managers, and fans. Not sure about Bilin, he has been running the practices and doing some of the coaching while on suspension.
See the CAT team was in tough on Saturday, 11-0, ouch, glad I wasn't in the pipes for that one.

hos

Devilastro

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bazza you tool you won't even get promoted once wickham and lobbans both beat you so pipe down u haven't won anything yet

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, I've been served! Like I said, only cause you asked. Now remove one of your 2 left feet out of your mouth :D :D
Maybe one day if you're nice I'll tell you a little story about how I scored(for Westside) in the game at Todd Field against Norvan a long, long time ago, which resulted in them(Norvan) being relegated to, where they've been ever since. A game they(Norvan) had to win to stay up. "Contribution", I think you called it.. They've never allowed towels or water bottles on the field during play. You aint going to win this one so on your bike and get yourself home :cool:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
Like I said before, have fun if you get there. The forwards will love you... Big, slow and two left feet. :rolleyes:

I fit all those qualities and fit quite wellin premier. I think i do atleast but you will have to ask the forwards. All i do is run in circles all game anyway.

Cheers
JB

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promoted to Premier

UNREAL.....Almost a surreal feeling. I never thought that Temple would lose today and we would clinch it today, but sitting around MUCKNAIR after the game, rumours started to spread that TEMPLE had lost. Guys didn't know what to believe, but sure enough our win coupled with Temple's loss promoted us to Premier for the 3rd time. And it feels just as good.

As for the Polonia game, obviously they were looking ahead to next week's battle with Croatia for a chance at a provincial berth. They really weren't interested and we took advance as we were ahead 1-0 at half and the game ended 4 buzz, evening the aggregate score with Polonia for the season. William with 2, Ganj got 1, and no clue who scored the fourth. Lakeshow made an appearance late in the game and needed substantial oxygen. Nice low post move :p

Personally, I wasn't planning on playing this year with INDO, but the amalgamation with AKAL and a chance to play with my Knight league team and a childhood friend persuaded me to come back. And I'm glad I did. INDO has represented the Indian community proudly in the VMSL (an Imperial Cup, 2 Provincal Cup Semi-finals), but this is a first for the AKAL club. Pretty impressive that a club 7 months into it's inaugural VMSL season gets promoted to Premier. Lots of hard work by Jack, Hassan, Ron and of course special K (Kulwant) has given the AKAL club recognition in the Vancouver soccer community and hopefully will be a force for years to come. This amalgamation was a major reason that INDO/AKAL were promoted this year.

Sikh Temple - keep your team together (with or without Titus) and you will sooner or later be promoted. Personally, I think you were a better team without him, but dire cirmcumstances may have forced your hand to sign him. You've got some great talent in leechy, G-spot, Morris, and young PB. I know you must be disappointed, and I really feel for Lav who has dedicated himself to that club for so long without being playing a single game in Premier. I'm sure we'll meet again - maybe Squamish, Gurdwara Tourney, Harj Brar, Pummi Uppal, and the AKAL tourney. I'm sure you'll get the better of us sooner or later :D

Hopefully my last post in Division 1!!!

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Indo-Akal boys. Battling for promotion is real tough you have to show up for every single one of the 18 games...........Deal with Highs and lows........Mix in wild-cards like poor weather, no linsemen, suspensions, fields etc and it makes it that much more difficult. At the half way point of the season, nothing less than winning every game would do.....and that's what happened. I didn't think there would be a game to spare......but Div 1 is full of surprises. Plenty of naysayers throughout the year, but Prit and Jas did a great coaching job.

We had a lot of guys who jumped ship last year for whatever reason. Kudos to the guys who stuck around and sacraficed a year in Div 1. And Kudos to the guys who left Premier teams to also come down to Div 1.

It's obvious new players have to be brought in. Every promoted team has to do that to compete at the Premier level. It's a long, long season and anything can happen. Croatia was in Div 1 last year, Sapperton could have been relegated. They were plenty of people writing them off last summer, but they are now one of the top teams in Premier.

As for Sikh Temple, its clear they have a good side, they revamped their team this year by adding 3 guys from Indo, 1 from Khalsa and as well as Titus, it's not my place to express what went wrong, BUT the experience of winning a big game like they did against Metro-Ford in Imperial Cup goes a long way in gaining some valuable big game experience. I'm sure that will help them down the road in a huge way. At the end of the day, they're all a good bunch of guys who play the game hard. Good luck to the Temple boys.

Sandman

bazza

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake, you know who I am if you are so good why haven't I ever heard of you? As for "getting on my bike and going home" I am home where do you think I am? fool. You must be the dumbest cop on the force [assuming your a cop with that name of yours]
Devilastro,take a look at the standings and use all of your fingers to try and tally up the points we need to secure the promotion, the games we have left, and the teams we have to play then come back and tell me that it doesn't look like Norvan is going to go up. If you have any problems write me back and I'll explain it for you.
Have a good time guys I getting bored of you now.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry baz if I hit a nerve. I suggest (in future), not to ask any questions which may leave you looking like a mug. Currently my 6 year old is correcting your grammer. Write me back if you want to see all the mistakes she found. I also suggest getting hooked on phonics. Inspector Blake was no cop. Just how many left feet can you fit into your mouth? You've got two in now-any chance of a third? Keep it up bright guy and stay in school... :rolleyes:

mug= an expression meaning fool; not the kind you drink from.

Inspector Blake= the man in charge of the Luxton Bus Co. in the 60's Brit TV show "On The Buses"

suggestion= something bazza should consider, but won't. Resulting in a mouth full of left feet.

Hope this helps... :confused:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Sandman and Indo for being promoted, again. You've got to admire that kind of determination, especially when you consider how many teams have dropped from premier and never made it up again. I'm still waiting for FC Tempo and the Argentina Athletics to rise from the ashes.

It's a shame Sikh Temple was on the same side of div.1 this year. Having seen them play a few times I thought them to be well equipped to move up to premier as well. Lots of skill, lots of talent.

I played with Sporting in div.1 during our promotion year and I agree completely with what Sandy said. It's a tough haul. We were chasing Serbia like crazy, but couldn't gain any ground. We were praying for bottom-of-the-table teams to pull off upsets (which had, like, zero fcuking chance of happening) while looking back at points we dropped in September and October and kicking ourselves.

Then we filed an appeal and snatched AC Milan's premier spot from them in Extra Time. Booya. I guess the moral of the story is to just keep plugging away, while occasionally looking for loopholes in the VMSL constitution.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soca....

The 3 guys from Indo to Temple are PB, Gurj (aka Carlos), and Gary (pfc).

Hard Ballz

Devilastro

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bazza now that inspector blake has given u a grammar lesson here's a math lesson u lose to lobbans this weekend your still at 33 points, with the same number of games as wickham who have 31. Now you play wickham and they beat you, oh that gives them 34 and you 33. Wickham wins out and your in second. reply if you can argue with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0